It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Two More "Barons" Quit the CIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Since the resignation of CIA director George Tenet in July, apointee Poter Goss has lost some of his top men. Many of the resignations have been blamed on the "Shaking up" of the CIA by the new director. The two latest, whom have not been named due to the nature of their work, have been quoted by the New York Times as being "very senior guys" who were leaving because they were "uncomfortable" with the management team brought in by the new CIA director, Porter Goss.

www.guardian.co.uk
Two more of America's top spies were reported yesterday to be leaving the CIA, as an attempt to fix the troubled agency appeared increasingly to be dividing its ranks and driving out its most experienced officials.

The latest departures were undercover operatives, and so were not named in yesterday's press reports, which described them as "barons" in the top level of the CIA's clandestine service - officially called the directorate of operations - in charge of its European and Far East divisions.

There have been other high level resignations since Mr Goss was appointed by President Bush in September. The head of the directorate of operations Stephen Kappes and his deputy Michael Sulick both resigned last week, after the departure of the CIA deputy director, John McLaughlin.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This "Shake up" is starting to leave a not so good feeling in my gut. While there have been problems with sharing information between Federal Agencies, I do not believe starting "New" is a good option. Mainly because "Catching people up to date" takes some time and thus gives the Likes of Al-Qaeda more time to operate. Information that is received, whether it be from the field, chatter, tips, or just outright espionage already is backed up as far as analyzing is concerned.

The enemy, as far as Terrorists goes, is already too many steps ahead of us. They have moved on to the likes of ELS, which is Equidistant Letter Sequences, which has claimed notarity in the "Bible Code". For arguements sake, I am just reffering to the base of ELS, not this having anything to do with the Bible. Instead of having a "code" in one text, they spread it out through hundreds of websites. Since it is too easy to be able to find any plans in one text, such as a date, place, method etc.., they use numerous webpages which must be joined to get any data together. In the instance of setting up a meeting, they would have a name on one site, a date on another, a time on another, a place on another, a room number on another, and so on. This is hard enough as it is, to be able to monitor Millions of websites by a Well Together Company, and with the CIA seeming to be in disarray, it makes it even harder.

I really do not know what to make of these resignations. I do not know if they have been asked "Nicely" to leave, or that they really are leaving own their own accord. I just know that I am not liking it very much from MY safety point of view.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm sure your gut feeling about this is shared by a lot of people. To me this whole CIA political clear out (because it is political) seems uncomfortably like a modern version of 'The Night of the Long Knives'.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by kegs]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I guess they don't want to be part of the new Mr. Bush NWO.

Perhaps the new policies of Mr. Poter Goss are not to these members liking.

Or perhaps Mr. Poter Goss is not giving to these member any options but to resign.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
They are weak and see it futile to fight against...

While we must maintain our strength and become those who are saints and patriots.

Although I AM aware of the damage an EX Cia operative can pose its past employer............. In such case..... Contact me.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
im guessing:

all the democrats are getting booted out of the CIA, but i dont think the new agents going in are going to be hurting for information on Al Ciada, all we really did was turn a blindside to europe.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Maybe the guys who have quit should go - particularly if they have been instrumental in the communication failings between te security agencies.

Ofcourse we don't know if this is the case or not - but it is a possibility.

new topics

top topics

join