It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rant on Pro-Copyright-Anti-Conspiracy crowd

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
It's ranting time!

there's some people that pissed me off very hard and it's those that's not only dislikes all Conspiracy Theories, they're also wants to pushes and/or supports a new Copyright law that so restrictive, it will destroys Fan Work Industry due to restrictive nature of new copyright law. and that crowd is exact opposite of This project(or at least it's supporters)

The Copyright thing in this rant are only refers to a new Copyright law that also known as SOPA or TPP

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

ATS is home to some very closed mined folks for sure, I often wonder why many of them are actually here.
Many cannot think outside the box and many are so straight laced and law abiding.
I wonder if ATS was always like this or whether it was once a niche site full of alternative content, critical thinking and topics that were actually ABOVE top secret and seldom discussed elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

stargatetravels

ATS is home to some very closed mined folks for sure, I often wonder why many of them are actually here.
Many cannot think outside the box and many are so straight laced and law abiding.
I wonder if ATS was always like this or whether it was once a niche site full of alternative content, critical thinking and topics that were actually ABOVE top secret and seldom discussed elsewhere.

That's why I'm more of Watching The Antichrist Dajjal will be a Reptilian Shapeshifter(not that Reptilian Resistance version) than reading ATS threads when I got into Conspiracy Theories

anyway, how about the crowd that I target with the rant?
edit on 11/4/2014 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
im afraid to say ats has obviously been infiltrated,and my guess is thats its being done so for a few reasons and by more then one group/country ,,i have seen this place slide downhill into a chav fest instead ,which makes me believe that ats was considered a threat the list would be as long as the rabbit hole is deep,from monsanto to the c.i.a,,,gchq,,vatigan,,queen,,israel,,putin,,but we know they are here oh yeah and the tepco ones ,dam i bet even jpl and lockhead have a few snoops ,aol,time warner,emi ,mention a free energy device and your cursed at like your a witch and in league with saturn and they work for the church and must therefore be burned ....they work so hard to surpress it ,,"these are strange times ,best buckle up from here on out tis gonna get rough for sure"
edit on 11-4-2014 by stuthealien because: to add

edit on 11-4-2014 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

If it can be freely copied, I have the right to do so.

That's what copyright means to me.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CretumOrbis

Question: Do you own any copyrights? I do. Over 100-music, books.

I spent my life and hours upon hours composing my originals...and they are legally copyrighted by the United States Library of Congress.

Send me your address so I can get them all together and send them to you...with the bill for purchase.

I support file sharing...but folks who DONT OWN copyrights...havent a clue about them ,

(This message brought you to make a point only) I SUPPORT SHARING.
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I have no copyrights because I see no need for them. I create art for the sake of art and give it away freely. Anything created for personal gain is not art in my eyes. Give it away or shove it up your #.

*drops mic*

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

If nobody was allowed to make a living doing anything creative then the world would be a pretty dull place.

I don't know about you but I don't think I would want to live in a world where the only "culture" was fan fiction, amateur artworks and YouTube bedroom songs!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

As you admit youre only an amateur...Ill leave the question....

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Rob48

If nobody was allowed to make a living doing anything creative then the world would be a pretty dull place.

I don't know about you but I don't think I would want to live in a world where the only "culture" was fan fiction, amateur artworks and YouTube bedroom songs!

That sounds a lot better than shallow morons rapping about jewelry or little girls singing about how much of whore they are. A lot.

mysterioustranger

As you admit youre only an amateur...Ill leave the question....

You don't even know my name and you claim to know me? I've never put my real name on my work and I never will. I don't even want recognition, let alone a reward. The terms amateur and professional are just labels, like my name, and equally irrelevant.

I create for others, who do you create for?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Ive created for The Sopranos, the movies Trains, Planes and Automobiles with Steve Martin and Tommy Boy with Dave Spade. Ive 3 novels and a childrens fairy tale on Amazon and in stores internationally. Additionally, more than several commercials, the last for Pepsi. I collect royalties quarterly worldwide as well.

All of the above requires legal copyrights for professional usage and distribution. Yours.... as you explained...are give-a-ways for "the people" and aren't in stores. Sadly, yours will never be if you don't grasp the context here. You don't.

You've divulged a lot about yourself now...yet, I absolutely don't know you. And without a professional business legal understanding of the art, music and literary fields...no one else will ever know you either.

Finally...remember Ive said...I support sharing. This isn't about that. Its about OWNERSHIP. And legal sales and distribution. You wont get it as long as you don't understand the concept.

Every product in your life, home, business and what youre using to reply here on...is a licensed, registered, trademarked and/or copyrighted name, logo and product.

Every one of them. Except yours....so...I do know you now. Good luck friend.

Best...MS

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

mysterioustranger

Ive created for The Sopranos, the movies Trains, Planes and Automobiles with Steve Martin and Tommy Boy with Dave Spade. Ive 3 novels and a childrens fairy tale on Amazon and in stores internationally. Additionally, more than several commercials, the last for Pepsi. I collect royalties quarterly worldwide as well.

All of the above requires legal copyrights for professional usage and distribution. Yours.... as you explained...are give-a-ways for "the people" and aren't in stores. Sadly, yours will never be if you don't grasp the context here. You don't.

You've divulged a lot about yourself now...yet, I absolutely don't know you. And without a professional business legal understanding of the art, music and literary fields...no one else will ever know you either.

Finally...remember Ive said...I support sharing. This isn't about that. Its about OWNERSHIP. And legal sales and distribution. You wont get it as long as you don't understand the concept.

Every product in your life, home, business and what youre using to reply here on...is a licensed, registered, trademarked and/or copyrighted name, logo and product.

Every one of them. Except yours....so...I do know you now. Good luck friend.

Best...MS

I grasp what you're saying fully, it just disgusts me. I'm sure your talents have brought you much fame and many nice things, but I have no interest in either. I presume to own nothing but my own mind, what comes out of it belongs to all.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

CretumOrbis

I grasp what you're saying fully, it just disgusts me. I'm sure your talents have brought you much fame and many nice things, but I have no interest in either. I presume to own nothing but my own mind, what comes out of it belongs to all.

So do you work for no pay too? After all, the work you do comes out of your own mind, so it belongs to all, right? It would be morally indefensible to expect your boss (or clients if you are self-employed) to pay you for it.

That sounds a lot better than shallow morons rapping about jewelry or little girls singing about how much of whore they are. A lot.

If that is what you think culture is then I'm sorry for you. Every great film, every masterpiece of art, every piece of classical music was created by people who were paid for their talents. Often, in the latter two cases at least, by people who had no means of putting food on their table other than by creating beautiful things for other people to enjoy. Why should writing music carry no pecuniary reward, while even flipping burgers brings in minimum wage?
edit on 12-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I create out of hard work...and money (you don't see we PAY to make these things for you to steal)...and you want to take it from me. Heck of a description you've portrayed of yourself.

It disgusts you that people own originator rights (look up what that means) for things they create...and you
buy...oh...sorry...you don't...Hey! Why not send me some of your original work FREE so I can put my name on it and go sell it as mine? That's be awesome....especially since its ok with you.

We should pay our own way somehow in this world. Going thru life cheap, uninformed and angry is no way to go son...but its not to late. Im sure you paid for your electronics, phone, car (if your old enough to have a license), stove, etc at your home....so, there is still hope for you yet.

Im just wondering why you didn't steal them all because that legal trademark, copyright and license thing disgusts you? I don't think you did...so your parents must be very proud.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Rob48

So do you work for no pay too? After all, the work you do comes out of your own mind, so it belongs to all, right? It would be morally indefensible to expect your boss (or clients if you are self-employed) to pay you for it.

If that is what you think culture is then I'm sorry for you. Every great film, every masterpiece of art, every piece of classical music was created by people who were paid for their talents. Often, in the latter two cases at least, by people who had no means of putting food on their table other than by creating beautiful things for other people to enjoy. Why should writing music carry no pecuniary reward, while even flipping burgers brings in minimum wage?
edit on 12-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

A musician records an album and makes millions while the guy flipping burgers probably needs a 2nd job just to get by. I see a huge difference there between services rendered and reward earned. I have no problem accepting pay for serving a practical function. I do have a problem with being payed an infinite number of times for a single act that does not serve any practical purpose. I could live without music if I had to, not so much without food. I think your examples should swap tax brackets, quite frankly...

Every great film, every masterpiece of art, every piece of classical music was created by people who were paid for their talents.

I'm sure Vincent Van Gogh would love to hear that news, among others...

mysterioustranger
I create out of hard work...and money (you don't see we PAY to make these things for you to steal)...and you want to take it from me. Heck of a description you've portrayed of yourself.

It disgusts you that people own originator rights (look up what that means) for things they create...and you
buy...oh...sorry...you don't...Hey! Why not send me some of your original work FREE so I can put my name on it and go sell it as mine? That's be awesome....especially since its ok with you.

I've stolen nothing with this computer. Everything that exists on the internet belongs to the whole of humanity. I take what is freely available. There's no scarcity of free entertainment floating around. If you'd like to share, fine. If not, it's no loss to me. I don't go around the internet 'looking for things to steal' but I feel no guilt or shame for watching a streaming movie. It was there, I watched it, nothing was 'stolen'.

mysterioustranger
We should pay our own way somehow in this world. Going thru life cheap, uninformed and angry is no way to go son...but its not to late. Im sure you paid for your electronics, phone, car (if your old enough to have a license), stove, etc at your home....so, there is still hope for you yet.

I'm not angry, just annoyed by greed, pride and delusion. The ink that fills your pen was a gift yet you would claim it's harvest as yours alone. You provide no necessary commodity or service and seem to think you should be payed for it repeatedly after the fact. I don't see anything logical or noble there. I seek no recognition or compensation for my art because I know it is not fully mine. To do so, in my eyes, would make me a thief.

mysterioustranger
Im just wondering why you didn't steal them all because that legal trademark, copyright and license thing disgusts you? I don't think you did...so your parents must be very proud.

I certainly hope they're not proud, I'd have to kill them. Such a disgusting word...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

A musician records an album and makes millions while the guy flipping burgers probably needs a 2nd job just to get by.

What percentage of recording artists do you think make millions? Tiny fractions of one per cent. I know people who have recorded two, three albums that would be regarded as reasonably successful here in the UK — radio airplay, placings in the lower reaches of the album chart — and they earn no more than I do for a typical office job. If you had your way, they would not even get their £30k or £40k a year.

I don't think you know how the record industry works! Just cos you have a CD out (or iTunes album, showing my age there!), doesn't make you wealthy. The millionaire artists make most of their money from touring. How many people can fill stadiums?

I'm sure Vincent Van Gogh would love to hear that news, among others...

What do you mean by that? Are you suggesting Van Gogh undertook his commissions for no pay? I assume you are referring to the fact that he only sold one painting in open sale. But many of his works were painted as private commissions, mostly to his family, and many others were painted to exchange with other artists, in return for works that could be sold. Van Gogh was constantly struggling to make a living as an artist. That was his goal. As he wrote to his brother, who was constantly providing him with money:

"‘It’s to my astonishment that I can already see the bottom of my purse; it’s true that I had my month’s rent to pay. You must clearly know that if I deduct food and lodging, all the rest of my money still runs away on canvases. In short, they turn out rather expensive, without counting the trouble they cause. However, I dare hope that one day the money we spend will come back in part."

He wasn't doing it for love, he was desperately trying to sell his work, and he was fortunate that Theo was relatively wealthy and could afford to support him. Using him as an argument against copyright is ridiculous. If you had your way then he would never have had the dream of making it pay to cling on to, and I dare say his work would never have existed.

Don't you see? Copyright allows creativity to flourish. If you take away the possibility of reward, you take away the incentive to create anything.

I've stolen nothing with this computer. Everything that exists on the internet belongs to the whole of humanity. I take what is freely available. There's no scarcity of free entertainment floating around.

Non sequitur. Yes there is plenty of free entertainment on the internet, made available by people like you who are happy to give away their work. Good on them. Nobody is trying to stop people sharing works that their owners have made freely available. But that doesn't mean that "everything that exists in the internet belongs to the whole of humanity". If I choose to give away £10 to charity, does that mean that all of your money belongs to the whole of humanity too? I'll be right over to take it.

I certainly hope they're not proud, I'd have to kill them. Such a disgusting word...

Clearly you don't have children. If you ever do, perhaps you'll be able to appreciate that emotion. It appears you are currently unable to experience any positive emotions, only negative ones (and, apparently, vaguely psychopathic ones).

Vincent Van Gogh didn't have any children. He still felt pride. He had pride in his work, and in the legacy that he left of a new style of painting. But he would still have loved to make it pay.

edit on 13-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Rob48
I don't think you know how the record industry works! Just cos you have a CD out (or iTunes album, showing my age there!), doesn't make you wealthy. The millionaire artists make most of their money from touring. How many people can fill stadiums?

I have respect for those that make their money touring, they're putting in continual effort. Not everyone has that mindset though. My problem is with people who think they should be payed perpetually for something that costs nothing to copy. I know that's not everyone. This is the rant section, I'm letting off steam. I assumed that's what it's here for...

Clearly you don't have children. If you ever do, perhaps you'll be able to appreciate that emotion. It appears you are currently unable to experience any positive emotions, only negative ones (and, apparently, vaguely psychopathic ones).

Vincent Van Gogh didn't have any children. He still felt pride. He had pride in his work, and in the legacy that he left of a new style of painting. But he would still have loved to make it pay.

Pride and shame are opposite ends of the same spectrum, extremes in obsession over strengths and weaknesses in yourself or others. One destroys the self, the other drives the ego. I'm neither proud nor ashamed of myself, I just am. I don't need pride to have confidence or an appreciation for the things around me. I don't see either as possible without rejecting both extremes.

Off the topic of art and while I'm still in the rant section...

- Can't say super**** or sing happy birthday without paying royalties... even if you're not making any money off of it and are providing them with free advertising. To top it off, the original creators are long dead.

- Have a revolutionary invention that would make fossil fuels obsolete? Sell it or eat a bullet (or get blown up in mid-flight on a business trip...), either way it'll never see the light of day.

You say copyrights serve to protect the creators, I say they're a means to control the masses and hold back society for the benefit of a handful of vultures. I see validity to both sides of the argument, which is the real problem, the current system is completely broken. I honestly believe we'd be off this rock by now if everyone weren't so obsessed with the concept of ownership and/or who gets credit for what.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

stargatetravels

Alternative people not = open mind people.Even alternative religion (new age) is exclusive.Some of alternative people are most closed mind people on this planet,because their mind close enough to listen what they want only,ignored mainstream media.

And they want a home.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well this thread is my rant on what possible obstacles of making My Project Reality

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just my two cents here, but I fully and complete support copyrights and the power they bestow to protect the original work of an individual or group. I write some little apps and stuff on the side, generally for specific things or people that want a very specific thing done. In other words...I'm still learning to advance to the level of writing something universal to fit a broad public on any one area.

It's not for fun and it's not for enjoyment although I get both from it. It's to make a living or help pay the bills and feed my wife and son. If I see my little creations run off without me from pirating and copyright violation? Each one has taken from me. Directly. Personally. It's easy to see it that way for a little guy like me...but for economy of scale, it's no different for Metallica.

At the same time? I think the Copyright system has been rule-played, gamed and twisted to become something it was never meant to be and never should have been. The Happy Birthday nonsense is one of the BEST examples of it.

Personally, I'd be quite happy to see a 20 year end point for protections in MOST cases. If you haven't pimped every dollar out of something by 2 decades of time, and still live by the glory of 20 years ago? Well....find a new skill or something. That's where I think the abuses are outright and blatant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join