It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory Connects Ancient Quimbaya Relics With Nazca Lines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
A new theory is being proposed that connects the golden “airplane” relics of the Quimbaya civilization from 200-1000 A.D. to the Nazca Lines of Peru dated from around the same time (200-500 A.D.). The belief is that these golden amulets are representative of flying machines used by beings of this time and Nazca was a sort of ancient airport for their flying machines. The Quimbaya Airplanes (or Tolima Airplanes) are golden artifacts, found in Colombia and made by the Quimbaya civilization and many amazingly represent modern airplane designs. The models, measuring 2 to 3 inches (5 to 7.5 cm) each, are described in mainstream archaeology as depicting birds, lizards, amphibians and insects common in that region. Many are still on display in the Museum, Bogotá. What makes these airplane models so amazing is that they are aerodynamically accurate. Notice how each model possesses wings (many delta-wing shaped), rear stabilizers, rudders and some even have cockpits. These are all real aeronautical elements used in aircraft of the modern World. But, flight had not been invented until 1200 years later. How could these primitive people have understood the physics of flight? Naysayers will be quick to argue that these elements are merely artistic interpretations. But if that were the case, wouldn’t we see variations with some of these “airplanes” having real aeronautics and others not? Yet every example shown possesses at least wings, stabilizers and rudders. All are essential elements for flight.

In 1994, German aeronautical engineers Peter Belting and Conrad Lubbers created larger scale radio-controlled models of one of these artifacts. They proved that the designs fly with both simple single-propeller power and jet power. The theory being offered for review is not that these amulets were accurate models of actual flying crafts but rather that they were the badges, identifiers or “wings” of the pilots who flew these crafts. These relics were likely embodiments of the spirit of the air crafts and the organizations or regions to which the crafts and pilots belonged. The ancient pre-Columbians often associated physical and spiritual attributes with living things. We see this same approach practiced by airlines and pilots in the modern World.

Now comes the connection to Nazca. If we accept that advanced technology was present on Earth in the first century A.D., where is the evidence of airports that would have been required to launch and land these aircraft? Answer: Nazca. When viewed from the air, the Nazca lines resemble the airports we see in our modern World. The many animals shown near the “landing strips” of Nazca may have represented the regions, types of aircraft or acted as a naming system visible from the air, but not requiring the ability to read any particular language––(Useful if the pilots spoke different languages from around the World, or other planets.) Perhaps the “digging machine” shown was something used to trench the landing strips of Nazca and why they are so mathematically precise. Finally, the close proximity of the Nazca line region to the Quimbaya civilization’s home in the river valley of Bolivia substantiates the theory. In the modern day, we place airports away from residential areas to reduce the effects of noise and pollution. Perhaps this was also practiced in the first century.

Again, Naysayers may chime in and ask “so where are these air crafts now? Why haven’t we found any of them?"

Answer: They have likely disintegrated as is the normal process that happens to metals over hundreds of years. In fact, metals with iron content will disintegrate completely within 600 years. Some alloys even sooner. Any aircraft or digging machines present in 500 A.D. would have completely vanished by 1100 A.D.

Were there ancient flying machines piloted by beings (human or other) present in the first century? And was Nazca the site of an enormous airport that serviced these flying machines? What do you think?

Golden Artifacts Linked to Nazca
Get the full story above, then respond to the theory with your perspective:

Thanks in advance for contributing your thoughtful insight and constructive criticism.

-Kanu

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
As fantastic as runways would be for an explanation, I feel the lines were used for religious and cultural purposes, than a spot for a civilization from another planet to land. The whole landing thing, I think is the biggest red flag. A species can travel through space time but they need to have a runway to land?

If we are being visited by extraterrestrials, or ever have, they probably use a tech that has no need to gain or lose momentum to land. They probably just materialize, bending space time.

That's if E.T.truly exist. I have not seen one but I am open to the notion. Just not sure their tech would require an actual runway

-eta-

About the flying craft pendants. Again, we are tying it to our frame of reference to say they "look" like craft. I honestly do not believe a species that has mastered space time would need crafts that only work by the laws of aerodynamics. Because if we are being visited or ever been visited by E.T, I seriously doubt wings would help when travelling in a way that throws out the laws of aerodynamics.

edit on 4/11/2014 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

mcx1942

That's if E.T.truly exist. I have not seen one but I am open to the notion. Just not sure their tech would require an actual runway.

edit on 4/10/2014 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

You may be right. Although, consider that, if aliens came to Earth and stayed for a length of time, (hundreds or thousands of years), wouldn't it be reasonable that they would use the resources found on Earth? They may have advanced knowledge and technology, but they would still need a fuel source and to build and maintain/repair their vehicles. The same way that we explored the "West Indes", brought tools with us, but had to build houses using the natural resources we found on-site. Even advanced beings would likely still have to deal with aerodynamic requirements of flying through our atmosphere. Winged vehicles that use runways would be a natural solution.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I think they are stylized animal figurines.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

KanuTruth

You may be right. Although, consider that, if aliens came to Earth and stayed for a length of time, (hundreds or thousands of years), wouldn't it be reasonable that they would use the resources found on Earth? They may have advanced knowledge and technology, but they would still need a fuel source and to build and maintain/repair their vehicles.

That is when we look at this through our hazy lens of reality. I could imagine a species that has been able to travel through distances that seem impossible to us, they may have a technology that can create their own resources for whatever reason they may be needed. We even have the baby steps of a similar technology right now, the 3d printer. In another 50-100 years, I bet the 3d printer tech will become closer to the tech from Star Trek that allowed them to materialize any object they desired. I feel a hyper advanced race that can traverse the cosmos, most likely would of figured out a way to utilize a technology that would not require the control and monitoring of limited resources.

As to Earth being used for it's resources, we now know of many, many Earth like planets, most Jupiter sized compared to us. If I was an advanced space faring species, I would go to the Jupiter sized Earth's over our dinky rock any day. So I feel the resource gathering here on Earth by a hyper advanced species seems not to hold much water. Considering there are many better targets out there for resource plundering.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by KanuTruth

You know the majority of the lines are ceremonial symbols and there huge scale is there most impressive feature, there however is the fact that there is a mountain whose top has been totally removed to create a large flat and level runway like strip and this is not a nazca line but is integrated into the lines, most archaeologists (Because they do not have an explanation) claim the same tribe are responsible, The Nazca desert is unusual in that there is a layer of stones over sand and removing that layer of loose stones is how they lines were made but not the flat and streight mountain top runway strip.
I doubt very seriously that they had any technology of that type in the past two thousand years but these symbolic objects may indeed show knowledge of aircraft (in fact I believe that is what they represent) but perhaps as preserved knowledge from a lost epoch of human history quite a while earlier, In the indian Mahabarata and the Sumerian cuniform seal flying Vimana or chariots are mentioned quite a lot (I am not going to mention the Vimanica Shaestrum as that was supposedly psychically channelled) and of course you are aware of the aircraft like heiroglyphs symbols found in egypt.
The supposed oldest Play in the world the Epic of Gilgamesh describes the earth from varying altitudes and of course there are the famous portolons such as the Piri Reis map which show antarctica free of ice with rivers and mountains which were not rediscovered until the 1956 british antarctic survey, indeed until radar topography the Piri Reis portolon was more accurate to the sub ice continental topography than anything we posessed.
The long held tradition of passing knowledge by word such as among the indian brahmen is a very good way of saving knowledge over time but Abstract thought that is no longer understood becomes lost so sometimes models in clay or wood may have been made and then in metals such as Gold, as these Aircraft are Gold how can they be certain as to how old they really are and they may have been passed down to that generation whom were the last to hold them before another and more savage tribe conquered them and they buried them or left them to be buried as a consequence only for there knowledge to be lost with there culture.

The sceptics will be here shortly claiming they are arrow head's (Yeah really).
www.2atoms.com...
www.world-mysteries.com...
www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...
paranormal.about.com...
www.youtube.com...

Now forget the Idea that the Black Night Satellite may be alien and instead consider it a relic form a lost age, an ancient space shuttle of some kind with a swing wing and folding nose section (compare it with the images for the south amerian planes/arrowheads)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.atlantisquest.com...
binscorner.com...
www.hinduwisdom.info...

SO I do think it is not implausible for that mountain at Nazca to have been used as a runway for some purpose, Though I do not trust Von Danikan as he was once caught out making things up (or so I have read and how much do I trust that other author).

One more point the spiral patterns on the wings and nose are representative of thrust and wind and were a common way of showing such in pre hispanic south american art.

edit on 11-4-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

LABTECH767

You know the majority of the lines are ceremonial symbols and there huge scale is there most impressive feature, there however is the fact that there is a mountain whose top has been totally removed to create a large flat and level runway like strip

I think it is a mesa, they occur naturally.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

there however is the fact that there is a mountain whose top has been totally removed to create a large flat and level runway like strip and this is not a nazca line but is integrated into the lines, most archaeologists (Because they do not have an explanation)

There are flat top mountains all over the world. They are called Mesa or Table Top mountains.

I don't say aliens do not exist for sure but I truly feel Nazca has been blown way out of proportion.

A couple examples:

Mount Conner

Table Mountain

source

edit on 4/11/2014 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Great reply and thanks for sharing the links. I'm embarrassed to say the Black Knight satellite had escaped my knowledge until you shared it. Very interesting. I'm going to look into it more!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Mcx42 and Elton I am fully aware of what a Mesa is and would suggest you do some research into that mountain at Nazca as it is not a Mesa, there have been geological studys and archaeological, why would the archaeologist claim it was done as a ceremonial platorm if it was natural.
The top of the MOUNTAIN was removed it is as simple as that.
Mesa's are very seldom perfectly flat atop as they are the product of water erosion cuting around an island of sedimentary rock and leaving it isolated and there are some pretty impressive ones around the world, Mesa as you know is a spanish word we use for these formations but I state again that this is not one.

You know there is a particularly hallucinagenic cacti that grows in the nazca desert which induces a feeling of euphoria and a sensation of flying, There was a documentary a couple of decades back on british TV in which a guy volunteered to try some, they also tried to make a cactus cloth hot air balloon to see if that worked as the patterns only make sense from the air as though the Natives were trying to contact or worshiping something of somebody that had come from the sky and of course they would have regarded that place they came down too as sacred.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

You will definitely like this thread, though put wings on as well as a tailplane and make it a rocket plane.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

LABTECH767
Mcx42 and Elton I am fully aware of what a Mesa is and would suggest you do some research into that mountain at Nazca as it is not a Mesa, there have been geological studys and archaeological, why would the archaeologist claim it was done as a ceremonial platorm if it was natural.
The top of the MOUNTAIN was removed it is as simple as that.

I would trust a geologist to make that determination, and not an archaeologist. I can not find any reputable source that mentions the top was removed, can you link me? I can only find geologists discussing subduction of the nazca ridge and inca plateau.

Where is the rubble from the top of the mountain? I see no giant rubble fields in the satellite photos.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Interesting...

A few what if's:

What if we are seeing something that was made in response to a member of their society being their version of a Nostradamus? They saw images of the future and opted to recreate them.

What if we are looking at our history backwards - a Paradox so to speak. Instead of us advancing into our future, what if we are advancing into our past? Our "history" seems full of technology / knowledge of the stars / construction that we are still trying to figure out?

It appears as if our ancestors were more intelligent than we are now.

I know I know... its waaaay out there but I thought I would share my 1/2 cent anyways.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Elton

I think they are stylized animal figurines.

Yes, yes, I know, i know. This is the exact video and "Naysayers" attitude I was talking about in my OP. The presence of real aeronautic elements is not the same as "stylized curly tails" is it? In WWII, the P40 pilots called the "Flying Tigers" painted winged tigers on their airplanes. Those were stylized artworks too. But, that's different from the presence of wings, stabilizers and rudders on their P40 aircraft. Those were real engineering elements. Notice how EVERY EXAMPLE shown on this link has the presence of real aircraft parts, regardless of the animals, insects or "stylization" used.

Most Comprehensive Collection of Golden Airplane Examples

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Cargo Cults of the Pacific Ocean

A cargo cult is a kind of Melanesian millenarian movement encompassing a diverse range of practices and occurring in the wake of contact with the commercial networks of colonizing societies. The name derives from the apparent belief that various ritualistic acts will lead to a bestowing of material wealth ("cargo").[1][2]

Cargo cults often develop during a combination of crises. Under conditions of social stress, such a movement may form under the leadership of a charismatic figure. This leader may have a "vision" (or "myth-dream") of the future, often linked to an ancestral efficacy thought to be recoverable by a return to traditional morality.[1][3] This leader may characterize the present state (often imposed by colonial capitalist regimes) as a dismantling of the old social order, meaning that social hierarchy and ego boundaries have been broken down.[4]

Pacific cults of World War II[edit]

The most widely known period of cargo cult activity occurred among the Melanesian islanders in the years during and after World War II. A small population of indigenous peoples observed, often right in front of their dwellings, the largest war ever fought by technologically advanced nations. First, the Japanese arrived with a great deal of supplies and later the Allied forces did likewise.

The vast amounts of military equipment and supplies that both sides airdropped (or airlifted to airstrips) to troops on these islands meant drastic changes to the lifestyle of the islanders, many of whom had never seen outsiders before. Manufactured clothing, medicine, canned food, tents, weapons and other goods arrived in vast quantities for the soldiers, who often shared some of it with the islanders who were their guides and hosts. This was true of the Japanese Army as well, at least initially before relations deteriorated in most regions.

The John Frum cult, one of the most widely reported and longest-lived, formed on the island of Tanna, Vanuatu. This cult started before the war, and only became a cargo cult afterwards. Cult members worship certain "Americans" (such as John Frum and Tom Navy), who they claimed had brought cargo to their island during World War II, as the spiritual entity who would provide the cargo to them in the future.[13]

It happens in modern times, why is it difficult to accept that it could have occurred sometime way back in Earth's history.

Even with all of the questions about Nazca, gold airplanes etc, no one can for sure state what the relevance / importance of the items were. Just like th top of the mountain near Nazca that is missing. Where did the debris go?

If we can have tribes in the pacific mistake Japanese / Allied military forces as something only a God could create, then there is no reason to assume the same could not have occurred in our distance past.

new topics

top topics

join