It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Possible Evacuation?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Not where I am Cody is a little higher so it could have a bit more snow....but it was a nice day.

edit on 11-4-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I saw this the other day somewhere. It's not been confirmed since.

I've learnt not to pay attention to info that starts with I got an email, from my friend in the know ......

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
There have been a lot of reports coming from Yellowstone but I have yet to see any of them being real or of any note to cause any worry.

I do find it odd that we're getting so many reports from there, way more then normal.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

We're not getting reports from there. What were getting is stupid videos from people who get off on causing a ruckus. They get off on scaring people.
Why don't anty of these reports say they come from USGS? Or homeland security or even flocking codes and compliance. No agency is ever mentioned. Just my friend in LE got a fax or e-mail from some unnamed governmental agency reporting what other idiots put up as official news while at the same time saying that the video from a Yellowstone ranger is disinformation. It's all so laughable. If something was really going on we'd know about it. Yes we would don't listen to the morons who insist that the govt wouldn't tell us. That's the stupidest C.T. of all. They couldn't get away with not telling us and the rest of the planet as this would be a global event.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

ketsuko
Is there anything concrete beyond this one video?
No but the guy who made it is a block head if that counts ?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I read the OP, but I just couldnt get by the word: fax. We don't have email, phones etc...fax?
2nd wow

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

The dust cloud alone will kill billions plus the nuclear winter scenario where the cloud blocks out sunlight kills crops and drops tempretures world wide. It's not a US event it would be global.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

liejunkie01
Thank you for the heads up Rezlooper.

Even if it is a fake, this is something we need to keep an eye on.

Every time I see a thread that you authored, I read it. I like the way you present your information.

Keep up the great work.

Why? Why do we need to keep our eyes on this? We don't have enough to worry about in the world right now? We need to spend precious minutes with our eye on something that's a complete hoax ?No thanks. I have enough real problems to occupy my time.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by Rezlooper

Unfortunately, methane doesn't get the attention it deserves.

I hear ya! No it doesn't. Often times, science walks around with blinkers on only seeing what is trendy. They don't call it trendy, but, that is what it is. Ideas that are flavour of the decade in 'current' thinking. We should be studying all available data where Super Volcanoes are concerned.

P

Right. Like thats what these scientist do ? They work with blinders on ? (they're not blinkers that's the directional lights on a car) . They only study some aspects of the geophysical but they ignore others? Okay. Believe any garbage you want to. It's your brain. I'll continue to not get advice or news from you tube. You continue getting yours from wherever you get it from. I'll be informed.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

They get quakes every day there. It's a very active area. What do you think all the geysers and hot springs are about.? The magma is close to the surface. The steam vents constantly. Old faithful didn't get its name from being sporadic. This is normal for the area. There is no uptick in activity. It's not about to blow. We'll know like we knew with Mt. St. Helen. We watched it for over a month as it geared up. No one was surprised by it. Yellowstone won't surprise anyone either. Volcanoes give warning signs of a pending eruption. They don't just happen.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by ObjectZero

We're not getting reports from there. What were getting is stupid videos from people who get off on causing a ruckus. They get off on scaring people.
Why don't anty of these reports say they come from USGS? Or homeland security or even flocking codes and compliance. No agency is ever mentioned. Just my friend in LE got a fax or e-mail from some unnamed governmental agency reporting what other idiots put up as official news while at the same time saying that the video from a Yellowstone ranger is disinformation. It's all so laughable. If something was really going on we'd know about it. Yes we would don't listen to the morons who insist that the govt wouldn't tell us. That's the stupidest C.T. of all. They couldn't get away with not telling us and the rest of the planet as this would be a global event.

Helium gas reports, ground uplift, 4.8 earthquakes...where do you think those reports came from? Stupid people on You Tube?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Tom Lupshu is a writer for the famed HOAX site Before It's News....along the lines of Sorcah Faal.

Source

I would not take his word for it.

That site should be called "The boy who cried wolf"
edit on 4/11/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

How many times on this site have you seen something like "friend in gov't warns about x,y,z" or "something big about to happen?"

I'm sorry but the world is not ending.

Your law enforcement friend doesn't know anything.

You're not breaking any news.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I would just like to point out, that surprisingly the Government State, Federal and Local have been very upfront with us on the West Coast.

When they figured out the threat of a major earthquake was probably more imminent than previously believed they started warnings, developed maps for each of our areas to find high ground. They prepared websites where we can look for information. They told us what to have ready for an emergency and asked us to get trained with the the local red cross.

They have asked for volunteers to be trained and ready to help in a disaster. So I believe they would not leave people unprepared in yellowstone are if they felt things were getting too iffy.

They have continued drills and prep in so many ways so anyone not ready is just a plain blind fool.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Why is everyone so sure we will be told it is fixing to erupt? Those agencies you feel will warn you have no clue when it will erupt, because a super volcanic eruption has never been observed. The uplift and release of helium-4 are signs of an immenent eruption in volcanoes, and Yellowstone has been showing those signs without erupting. They honestly don't know any more than we do. You may say they won't get away with not telling us. They will if they claim they had no clue. The uplift alone should tell us it will erupt soon. Out of all the calderas in the world, how many are uplifting like this? USGS knows when Yellowstone will erupt about as much as they did Mt. St. Helens. You know what happened there? It blew up right in their face and 53 people died because USGS was unable to warn the nearby town. When Yellowstone erupts, she will be a surprise to us all. Any of you who claim we will know it is fixing to erupt, that is your opinion, and it is no more valid of my opinion that the eruption will be a surprise.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

GWIRR

How many times on this site have you seen something like "friend in gov't warns about x,y,z" or "something big about to happen?"

I'm sorry but the world is not ending.

Your law enforcement friend doesn't know anything.

You're not breaking any news.

Do you know how to read? I don't have any friends! It's a You Tube video, friend!

Anyways, here is some news

Landslide in Jackson prompts evacuations

Slow moving landslide in Jackson, WY...pretty close to Yellowstone. Not 40 miles from Yellowstone Lake. This is pretty interesting. More land subsidence and I wonder how they will down play this one, well, of course, I'm sure it has nothing to do with Yellowstone, right?
edit on 11-4-2014 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Fissures and fractures in Jackson since last week.

From the same story above;

Several Jackson residents have refused to leave the affected neighborhood even though fissures have opened in the only road that provides access to dozens of houses and apartments about a mile from downtown Jackson, Robinson said.

Fractures first appeared last week when a city pump house next to the Walgreens shifted and a water main ruptured.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by ketsuko

The dust cloud alone will kill billions plus the nuclear winter scenario where the cloud blocks out sunlight kills crops and drops tempretures world wide. It's not a US event it would be global.

That I'm not arguing with. I'm merely talking about how much for the immediate event would have to be evacuated.

The long-term would be disastrous, no doubt.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

He said the creep documented in Jackson was probably the result of moisture from snow melt or rain seeping into rock formations, where it expands and contracts in repeated freeze-thaw cycles and weakens entire geologic structures.

From your link above - Yahoo link

Can you tell me how the freeze thaw pattern is caused from Yellowstone? I'm not buying that the volcano is causing the slide. It is normal weather pattern creep. It just happens to be close to Yellowstone......

I'm not attacking you, I just want you to know that. I simply think that some of the things that are alarming people have perfectly reasonable explanations.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Doodle19815

He said the creep documented in Jackson was probably the result of moisture from snow melt or rain seeping into rock formations, where it expands and contracts in repeated freeze-thaw cycles and weakens entire geologic structures.

From your link above - Yahoo link

Can you tell me how the freeze thaw pattern is caused from Yellowstone? I'm not buying that the volcano is causing the slide. It is normal weather pattern creep. It just happens to be close to Yellowstone......

I'm not attacking you, I just want you to know that. I simply think that some of the things that are alarming people have perfectly reasonable explanations.

Trust me, I've been writing about these events for over a year now and these things are happening everywhere, not just Yellowstone. My point is, there is a lot of crustal movement underneath us right now whether it be across the Midwest, the Ohio Valley, Pennsylvania, California, Oklahoma and Yellowstone...and this is just the American events. They are happening every where...eventually they will run out of excuses and start reporting the truth. I'm not saying a few events can't be caused by these natural geological triggers, but come on now, is it just coincidence that so many of these events are happening now, in our day and age?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join