It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 Numbers Which Prove That Americans Are Angrier And More Frustrated Than Ever

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Dissatisfaction (the words in the study) does not necessarily equate to anger or frustration (your added words).

I don't believe people are angry for any of those reasons. A little frustration now and then, maybe.

Politics just aren't that important to most people.

They're only important to those who play in the game or need something to write about the game or want to get the less intelligent among us stirred up about something.

My opinion.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The words "angry" and "frustrated" were Not inserted by me. Rather, they are included in the article as written and posted by the author of the piece, Michael Snyder at endoftheamericandream.com.

Here is his quote in the article which it seems you are referring...
"Without a doubt, these numbers show that Americans are angrier and more frustrated than ever"

Again, his words, not mine.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

My bad. Just change you to some blogger.

My points remain.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It's all good. Your points are not what I would agree with, however. I think many Americans who care about their country are indeed angry, as the poll data confirms that sentiment. I think measuring the American public's satisfaction and lack thereof, including their anger and frustrations, is an important aspect of our Republic. In fact, frustration and anger were certainly highly motivating factors at the birth of our nation as a Republic, and our winning Independence from England in 1776.

edit on 10-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Many Americans ARE VERY ANGRY. I have MANY friends and family who ARE ANGRY at the state of our country.
Including, many people I talk with at my weekly trips to the VA hospital, MANY friends at the VFW, quite a few of my neighbors at BOTH my houses (1 in IL, 1 in CA).

pretty much my friends and family are real Americans, all been in country for multiple generations.

1. the Govt. much anger at that monster
2. immigrants.. we dont want them here, never invited them, dont like their culture, dont like them
3. the federal reserve
4. the police state

4 main sources of the anger.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I agree with your comments that there are many, many angry Americans, although I must take exception to your item #2, Immigrants comment. Perhaps you intended to refer to them as "Illegal Immigrants" ?...

In any case, we are indeed a nation and Republic founded and established by Immigrants, of many nationalities. This is something we should be proud of as Americans, and which makes us as a nation, both exceptional and unique.

Illegal Immigrants, those who broke the laws of our nation, are indeed a problem that I think many Americans have become frustrated and angry about, because our Immigration Laws are not being enforced, resulting in undue and unjust burdens placed upon the members of our society.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

seabag

So you went from a solid position on the issues to a wet noodle that blows with the wind?

Makes sense!! That’s just what we need in this country…more people abandoning their values in protest.

edit on 10-4-2014 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Yeah cause your useless two party system is doing soooooooooooo well!

Cause the republican have shown they can do just as good job as the democrates.

Wake they are both useless!

edit on 10-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

ALL immigrants.. until EVERY AMERICAN has a decent job, we dont need ANY immigrants

and America USED to have immigrants that were from first world countries with similar culture to ours.

ALL immigrants are involved in RUINING the wages via supply/demand in the labor pool.

if ALL the immigrants were not here, then REAL Americans would have better wages and higher quality of life.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I've been a mad hatter for quite some time. Life was good, until 2008, then everything went downhill. Americans have every right to be furious. Our lives are (speaking only to those who empathize and are going through the struggle) not what it seems and these ridiculous reality shows of nothing but rich, smug, MFers so people outside this country may think life is so great here. WRONG!

There's no values anymore, no self respect let alone respect for others and it irks me to see this all day everyday in this dump of a country. I believe in karma though, and those who've done wrong will get theirs one way or another.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I respectfully disagree with your opinions about Immigrants, which are quite misplaced in my opinion. I appreciate your speaking your mind, though.... It is indeed your right to do so.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

rickynews
I respectfully disagree with your opinions about Immigrants, which are quite misplaced in my opinion. I appreciate your speaking your mind, though.... It is indeed your right to do so.

so, upsetting the supply/demand of labor which undoubtedly RUINS wages is something you disagree with?

The American way of life is under attack, PRIMARILY by immigrants STEALING jobs.

If they were NOT here, wages would be HIGHER.. they are in EVERY sense of the term SCABS. As they are DIRECTLY the CAUSE of the HORRIBLE wages.

The labor movement of the last century happened through people GOING ON STRIKE. meaning that the work did NOT get done unless wages were decent. The immigrant is the REASON wages SUCK

how can you not understand that?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Immigrants who entered this country legally are not the problem. Our nation is built on immigrants, from its very beginning. They are as much of an American as you or I are. They work, pay taxes, raise families and seek the American Dream. Selectively choosing which people are welcome, and which are not welcome strikes me as the definition of discrimination based upon somebody's race or ethnicity, and frankly is Un-American in my opinion. The cultural diversity in America is like no other place in the world, and we are indeed a "melting pot" of people. Doctors, Scientists, Professors, Business Owners and countless other immigrants across a vast array of fields and industries have contributed to our society in countless ways over the last two centuries, and as a result, America and Americans have benefited. In my view, it is completely unfair to categorize or lump all immigrants into a single group, and place the blame at their feet for America's problems.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
As stated in the previous thread, I left "angry" behind me. Been there, done that.

I'm looking at solutions now.

But this reminds be of something.

The 5 stages of dying.
1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance
Linky-poo

You can see all sorts of people at every stage in the Kübler-Ross model linked above.

1. Denial - The government is doing no wrong.
2. Anger - The government is doing it all wrong!
3. Bargaining - If I'm not doing anything wrong, I have nothing to hide, so government can do all it wants.
4. Depression - I'm looking to move, be an expat. I can't take it here any longer.
5. Acceptance - We now know what government is doing. What can we do to change it.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

rickynews
Immigrants who entered this country legally are not the problem. Our nation is built on immigrants, from its very beginning. They are as much of an American as you or I are. They work, pay taxes, raise families and seek the American Dream. Selectively choosing which people are welcome, and which are not welcome strikes me as the definition of discrimination based upon somebody's race or ethnicity, and frankly is Un-American in my opinion. The cultural diversity in America is like no other place in the world, and we are indeed a "melting pot" of people. Doctors, Scientists, Professors, Business Owners and countless other immigrants across a vast array of fields and industries have contributed to our society in countless ways over the last two centuries, and as a result, America and Americans have benefited. In my view, it is completely unfair to categorize or lump all immigrants into a single group, and place the blame at their feet for America's problems.

I think you need to read this:-

en.wikipedia.org...

In 1894, certain Americans looked at some nationalities as "Undesirables" when it came to immigration to The US. So nothing new there.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The globalists are intentionally destroying the country, but the vast majority of citizens have no clue what is going on, they just know they're losing their freedoms and wealth. If you were losing everything, and didn't know why, you'd be angry and frustrated too. Unfortunately that anger is being used by the globalists to have citizens fight amongst themselves, which obviously will never solve the problem, only make it worse.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

OMsk3ptic
The globalists are intentionally destroying the country, but the vast majority of citizens have no clue what is going on, they just know they're losing their freedoms and wealth. If you were losing everything, and didn't know why, you'd be angry and frustrated too. Unfortunately that anger is being used by the globalists to have citizens fight amongst themselves, which obviously will never solve the problem, only make it worse.

"Divide and Conquer" - Sun Tzu

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here's the link youtu.be...

edit on 10/4/2014 by adarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by adarma

I was unable to play the video...could you provide the link/url ?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

rickynews

"Divide and Conquer" - Sun Tzu

Mmmhmm. And exactly where is all this "anger" is being channeled? Toward someone else by allowing themselves to be divided from other Americans based on who they at told by a fake party system to be angry at? Or nowhere? Or in ranting and raving about guberment? Dumb as hell people being taken down this path by a very devious factions. People really either don't want to fix it or we don't know how. But one thing's for sure...it'll never get fixed if we stay on this same path.
edit on 4/10/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thank you for the posting help Mirthful Me. I sincerely appreciate it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join