It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Posts In the Same Forum Topic Back to Back? From Different Users!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Does anybody trip out when different users post from the same forum topic (for example Lost Civilizations) back to back, or nearly back to back? I wouldn't get so weirded out if it were from the same user, but I just find it odd when it's different users posting in the same forum topic. I for one believe in the harmony of the universe, and in its synchronicity, so when I see things like that, it helps me to cultivate that awe for how wonderfully the universe is made.

Does anybody stand in awe of synchronous events?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
Does anybody trip out when different users post from the same forum topic (for example Lost Civilizations) back to back, or nearly back to back? I wouldn't get so weirded out if it were from the same user, but I just find it odd when it's different users posting in the same forum topic. I for one believe in the harmony of the universe, and in its synchronicity, so when I see things like that, it helps me to cultivate that awe for how wonderfully the universe is made.

Does anybody stand in awe of synchronous events?

As one of the posters in question, not in this case. My post went up to the board after his. If my post were first the response would be different.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Yeah, I realized that in this case it was a mistake. But I was just speaking in general when it happens at other times. I was just using your guyses forum topic as an example because it was fresh in my mind.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So you're saying that the same people gravitate to similar topics - as if they have the same interests? Or did you mean something else. I am personally all over the place because I have a lot of interests. Even with that I bet I would see I post to some genres more than others if I examined it.

Another thing that happens is once one topic hits you will begin to see lots of threads on that same subject. For example - there was a day where people were asking lots of questions about bikers. This topics isn't common yet the subject started many threads. Although that happened for obvious reasons it is an example of how people affect one another - even over the internet (with mood, thought, and behavior). We wre social beings - not as independent as we may think but continually influenced by one another.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I just think that some people like to promote the idea that this world is only chaotic, and that any supposed evidence of harmony is a figment of someone's imagination. I think that there is chaos, but I think that we should be in awe when we see harmony in our universe. And things like the same forum topic phenomenon are just a small insignificant example. I can't even count how many times I'll be talking about something, and see the exact same thing mentioned on TV or elsewhere. There was a thread about a topic that I've been fascinated by which is the wisdom of the crowds. That to me is miraculous. I just think that people are way too jaded about this basic reality that they live in.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

I am always amazed when I'm in a synchronicity like this. It definitely makes me pause and think about it. I've had it vamp up really strongly too - one thing after another. It's almost as if the universe is trying to tell you something when it happens - as if there is this invisible web that wants you to connect the parts (or notice them). I've had it be so powerful that I'm certain it is something more trying to show me something.

It's just as easy to dismiss them - don't know if you do that too. I'm not sure what that's about but while I should seize the moment I tend to get distracted by other things when flooded with this stuff. It's the perfect mix of consciousness and unconsciousness - as if we are aware for a time of unconscious processes and collective consciousness - all at once - in sync - the conscious + unconscious + collective unconscious. Just my theory. It's still mysterious and who knows the power of that.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I really do agree with you, and I can tell that you've studied the matter through the work of Jung and such.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think ats users also hang out on other alternative news and conspiracy sites, so when something "breaks" elsewhere they quickly post it here to scoop everyone else. S&F hoes.

I don't see anything weird about it.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ScientiaFortisDefendit

But they tend to be unrelated things. The lost civilizations example was a bad example, but they tend to be completely different stories. And, like I said, I'm just using that as an example of synchronicity. It's not a good example. I would actually prefer to use other examples, like hearing something on the television after saying it or hearing it from someone else.

new topics

top topics

join