It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Megalithic Ruins in Russia! Stones double the size of Baalbek!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Well, maybe the geologist steered me wrong, I don't know. He clearly said that magnetic fields in natural volcanic rock formations all flow in the same direction.

Of course, any natural magnetized rock formation that was disturbed by either earthquakes or glaciers would also show crazy reactions on a compass, so maybe the rocks you are talking about were somehow disturbed in the past.

Britain was under ice sheets, wasn't it?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Riddles
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Well, maybe the geologist steered me wrong, I don't know. He clearly said that magnetic fields in natural volcanic rock formations all flow in the same direction.

Aye, they do in that sense. When molten rock cools it retains the magnetic field of that time - it's a way we can tell how continents have moved over the eons.

But when you're an area of certain magnetic rocks, your compass will nonetheless spin around. The Skye Cuillin is notorious for it such that compasses are of no use for navigation at all. Compasses will spin close to the rock, but steady, towards the Earth's magentic field, as you move them away. It sounds to me that that is what is happening here.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Riddles

It is not claimed that compasses "spin". This is what it says:

The compasses of the geologists behaved very strangely, for some unknown reason their arrows were deviating from the megaliths. What could this mean?

www.truthfeed.net...

Granite formations often contain magnetite which does indeed cause compass deviation. Odd that "geologists" would not be aware of this.

From an old book on the care and feeding for marine compasses:

In all cases, when a compass is landed, great care must be taken that the place where it is used in not on a trap or granite formation, nor exposed to the influences of masses of iron, or of anchors buried near, or of any collection of iron articles, tanks, chains, etc., in the neighboring storehouses.

Source
edit on 4/10/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Granite formations often contain magnetite which does indeed cause compass deviation. Odd that "geologists" would not be aware of this.
reply to post by Phage

The geologist and I were discussing a basalt temple, not granite.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Errrr...just rocks... again... wait, this isn't the Mars anomalies thread?

But yeah, this looks like rock fractured by natural processes... and maybe some guys shaped a few parts, but I don't even see that. Mom nature builds stuff all by herself, all the time.

Too bad, as a huge, non-natural building would be even neater than the already cool formations.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Riddles

The formations which are the topic of the thread are granite. And, as I pointed out, it is not claimed that a compass was "spinning".

But igneous formations also can contain magnetite. In the quote above, "traps" is an old geology term for volcanic formations, which indeed can cause compass deviation.

There is nothing terribly unusual about compasses deviating near granite or volcanic formations.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

I can not understand how people can look at the massive amounts of evidence pointing to the fact that there was a ancient civilization on earth with the technology to take on enormous tasks of stone building, and still say "Oh that's natural. water could have shaped that giant obelisk." I mean these skeptics can't be serious. What is it gonna take?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Indeed. The article author skimmed the most provocative pics for his article.

Here is a link to many more, taken by the "expedition". wand of horus

IMO, those blocks are nature at her finest. Cool forest.

edit on 4/10/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Elton
Valery Uvarov... Hmm, here is the guy's site...

wands-of-horus

And a nice pic, looks more natural from further away...

edit on 9-4-2014 by Elton because: added pic

Thank you for posting that. I was torn on what to beleive until seeing that image from a distance.

I've seen very similar to that in many locations. Not far from Cheyenne, Wyoming are granite structures that look very much the same. I think it's a stretch to imply that is manmade. Absurd even.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
In my estimation the article at wands-of-horus.com... is very poorly worded. They've got a picture of a stone obelisk from Aswan in the article. And then when you look at this picture it's even more confusing…

Is this a picture from one of the stones found in Russia, or is this a picture of the biggest stone found at Baalbek? The article doesn't tell us. It only says, " Either gigantic megaliths of Ollantaytambo or Puma Punku in Peru? Or huge blocks of Baalbek? Until recent times all this megaliths, conquer in our consciousness when thinking about technologies, calling respect for ancient distinguished power and skills."

That sure looks like a Baalbek stone to me. So what is that picture doing in an article about the stones found in Russia?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Aleister

Baalbek is pretty impressive but apparently they cut a stone they couldn't move.

Or, they simply cut a stone they later chose not to move.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Impressive, but by the same token, one would have to conclude the eastern Catskills here were also wrought by human hands. Most of the bedrock here is stratified almost horizontally. Why I could almost swear Overlook Mountain (cf. overlookmountain.org) was once a giant pyramid, even bigger than the one in Bosnia -- that is, if I thought only human hands or intelligent design could lay out such nice, horizontally layers of bluestone and red shale.

It just goes to show us that what Mother Nature and Father Time have wrought is more ingenious and amazing than anything humans -- or even big strong alien tech -- has ever come up with on our planet.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think it's undoubtably natural rock with hand picked close ups

Just Russia attempting to revive its long dead tourism
edit on 10-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Riddles

That one is Baalbek mate, and for why it wasn't moved, considering it is in the middle of no where far from the quarry proves it was moved, it was written earlier in this thread I think I saw that it is actually cracked hence why they left it there.

I saw this Russian megaliths afew weeks back and agree on a natural formation, until we find conclusive evidence of tool marks or even tools/evidence of humans living in the area I would say nobody has even been living there.

I have myself seen some incredible natural rock formations which I said were man made in New Zealand, but was told otherwise by these uni fellas claiming to be experts

Though it does stir the mind..

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
We must have shrunk.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Sparta
reply to post by Riddles

I have myself seen some incredible natural rock formations which I said were man made in New Zealand, but was told otherwise by these uni fellas claiming to be experts

Where abouts in NZ? Never heard of this.. Any photos?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GallopingFish

Thats the worst part man, around 8months into my time there I slept on my phone and it never came back on ha, I saw some incredible stone formations in Waikato, me and a friend were hitchhiking to Hamilton and ended up somewhere there, it was near a waterfall to the side a huge cliff where around 30ft was beautiful retangluarish blocks all over into the side, perfect for sitting on I tell ya.

The more impressive one where was on the great barrier island, in the middle of the bush an absolute massive stone block that you could stand on which was overgrown with bush, the bloke I was staying with said they had no idea what it was, the other people staying were on a break from uni said it was just natural.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Phage
That big long stone is the Baalbek stone in Lebanon. It was indeed cut by people. But they couldn't move it after they cut it.

ancientmystery.info...

They moved these ones...

Notice the man in front left...

What tech moved these...?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparta

Gah, bugger about your phone.

If anything was found in nz it would blow current concepts on history out of the water.

There was a mound found like the ones in the states and ireland. And stone with celtic like carvings. Also a skeleton (big one) which has gone missing... That was waikato sought of area.

But you will never hear about it...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GallopingFish

Being downhill from the quarry helped.
Rollers, pulleys, levers. Human ingenuity. Do you think the Romans used magic to move them?
www.lowtechmagazine.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join