It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innocent man Jonathan Fleming freed after 25 years in jail

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Reminds me of a story I heard not that long ago.

A woman was trapped in an elevator. The elevator had shut down due to some safety device malfunction.

The maintenance worker called in to deal with the situation contacted his supervisor, who told him to open the electrical power disconnect, and then close it again, essentially, to reboot the system, so the worker did what his supervisor recommended.

The woman in the elevator, meanwhile, had been busy trying to push the door open. When the power was disconnected, it allowed her to start opening the door. When the power came back on, the door started closing, and she was pushing against it as it was closing, resulting in her arm being outside of the door, when the door reached a point were the design in place, designated by the state, considered the door to be closed, and the elevator went to the next floor, severing the woman's arm.

A local prosecutor succeeded in getting the maintenance worker convicted of gross negligence, when the worker did nothing wrong, did not even make a mistake.

If a standard worker can get convicted for a mistake, then so should a prosecutor.

Not only should the prosecutor go to jail, the guy he intentionally falsely convicted should be able to sue the prosecutor, and take everything he owns.

The US justice system is horribly corrupt. We need to shut the whole system down, fire all the judges, and take away the licenses of all lawyers, and rebuild the system from scratch. As a group, most lawyers are some of the worst people I have ever known. All judges, formerly, were lawyers. The same is true for all of these ancient institutions

Every time an innocent person is convicted, a criminal goes free to commit additional crimes.

A prosecutor who knowingly convicts an innocent man is twice as guilty.

And what are the odds that the prosecutor was protecting the real criminal, who may have been an associate or relative.

<< 1   >>

join