It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbug?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I was listening to Coast and Alex Jones was on talking about a Superbug And basically the just of it was he was talking about people just getting your normal sickness or whatever but not being able to shake it in a couple days or whatevr your normal lag time is for shakeing off a cold or the common flu is. I have felt this that I hav ebeen sick and just not been able to shake it. (I mean fortunately I am good now.) But i have heard from countless people who are going through the same thing. It might be a cough or a sore throat issue. I mean this might be something that are immune systems just can't fight yet. Or our antibiotics are not strong enough to fight yet. I dont know I dont get it.

Has anyone else gone through this or known someone who has gone through this??

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

I know 5 people who have had it including myself.
Wasn't sever but it just wouldn't go away.

Can't say we didn't give it to each other though. . .

Happy 1000th Star!
edit on 4/9/2014 by AnteBellum because: add

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I heard that show as well, and when I was listening to it, I was scratching my head wondering "WTF is he talking about?"

I am an RN and have no idea what SUPER STREP bug he was referring to. I do know there are strains of strep that can cause pneumonia, but you usually see that in the sick/frail/elderly population, not regular Joe's who are otherwise healthy.

Earlier in the season the influenza virus was causing A LOT of 20-40 year olds problems and a lot of young adult to early middle aged folks found themselves in the ICU on a vent, but again, that was the flu.

I know Alex Jones hocks all sorts of wellness elixirs and other snake oils on his website. I wonder if it was just an alarmist's way to increase sales of his magic healing potions?

edit on 9-4-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Just thought I would add, I did a quick search of the interwebs of strep, superbug, pneumonia and got THREE results in the news category. If this were a real public health issue, the CDC would be putting out alerts, etc.

I honestly think he was just blowing smoke...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Still trying to fight it off…in fact I have quit smoking too just trying to get my immune system back up to it's usual no doctor needing self. I got over the actually being sick part, now it's just headaches and swollen lymph nodes. I wonder more and more what's more the case is it these things getting stronger or the fact our food sucks air sucks water sucks ground sucks and everything in-between that's been polluted has caused us to lack the ability to fight these simple things off like we are used to.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Well, when folks work in an office environment or in close quarters with others, one person will get a bug and come in to work. That person passes it on to everyone else and eventually it comes back to "patient zero." I have seen and dealt with it a few times. The higher ups always say, "If you're sick, stay home." But, no one wants to be "that guy" and stay home with the sniffles...right?

So, what should only last a few days, seems to drag on. That's my opinion. It can also come from your kids...they go to school and bring home any number of bugs.

Alex Jones needs to sell his show and the only way he can do that is thru fear...in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Yeah exaclty thats the deal it wouldnt go away. I had it and thought I could beat in a couple days but it just wouldnt go away and I had to suck up my pride and actually go to the doctor.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lovebeck

I dont know if it's a red alert issue but I just connected with that show just because I got sick and I know people who got sick a nd could not seem to beat it in ther enormal times that you would usually beat these common illness's. Maybe it is nothing or maybe it's just the change in the season or what. I dont know.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Yeah I get what you guys are saying he does try and hawk those vitamin things or whatver or the silver or whatever.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This sounds very familiar. I also know someone who has had a persistent low grade infection for months now of unknown cause. It is not very severe - in fact it is quite mild - but it just will not go away. I hope that it is the immune system adapting before something like this becomes more severe or lethal, or even some type of intentional inoculation due to how mild it is. The physicians have insisted it is only an allergy but I have analyzed samples myself and have found both viral and bacterial organisms. I do not have access to equipment or labs to determine anything further.

Zinc works wonders with most infections though and is verified independently in peer reviewed medical journals and anecdotally. Anyone with an infection might try that before buying into anything being marketed.
edit on 9-4-2014 by Hexadecimus because: addl info

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Still trying to fight it off…in fact I have quit smoking too just trying to get my immune system back up to it's usual no doctor needing self.

If it persists, bite the bullet and go see a doctor. Get on some antibiotics. They will try lesser regimens at first. If they fail to control it, then they'll big guns you. You know you aren't getting better if symptoms continue for weeks or become worse.

I can attest to the sickness surrounding me when I finally made the decision to quit smoking. Good for you. You still have to pay a price, though. It will be some time before your immune system comes back to strength. First off, get rid of the secondary lung and respiratory bacterial infections if thats what it is. It could be Bronchitis or something more serious. The symptoms you are feeling are a sign of a deeper infection.

Don't mess with it. It can kill you… go see a doctor. The discomfort of an antibiotic regimen for a few weeks is a lot easier to endure than dying of your stubborn "no doctor needing self".

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
He is probably just speaking of a theoretical superbug and what it might look like/may be seeing the beginning - speaking in present tense.

For your thread - I had a prolonged illness and was a big baby about it, whining every now and then about how unusual it was that it wasn't passing as it should. It lasted about a month, maybe 6 weeks. I still have my lymphs swell up once and awhile and I've been better for a few months so it's either a new illness or the old one still lingering. I find it happens when I eat unhealthfully (sugary items mainly) if that is helpful at all. My son thinks my correlation of sugar with swollen lymphs is stupid but it is my observation.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You're telling the story of my life for the past month or so. I just barely got rid of what I think is the flu. I'm pretty sure it was the flu, because the symptoms were like a less severe cold, and enduring for a long time. And a month is a conservative estimate. I feel like I've been fighting it for longer.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

lovebeck

I heard that show as well, and when I was listening to it, I was scratching my head wondering "WTF is he talking about?"

I am an RN and have no idea what SUPER STREP bug he was referring to. I do know there are strains of strep that can cause pneumonia, but you usually see that in the sick/frail/elderly population, not regular Joe's who are otherwise healthy.

Earlier in the season the influenza virus was causing A LOT of 20-40 year olds problems and a lot of young adult to early middle aged folks found themselves in the ICU on a vent, but again, that was the flu.

I know Alex Jones hocks all sorts of wellness elixirs and other snake oils on his website. I wonder if it was just an alarmist's way to increase sales of his magic healing potions?

edit on 9-4-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

Trust me nurse, you can show all kinds of stats about the known illnesses all you want, but this is no joke, it's definitely real and I've seen it as well. I was sick earlier this winter from mid-December until mid-January...started out like a normal sickness, got pretty sever like bronchitis and then turned into a simple sinus cold that had me coughing deep and severe for nearly another month. Now, over the past month, all three of my young children ages 4, 2, and 1 have had the same thing and are just getting over it, so it seems. The severe deep cough lasted for a month and they couldn't shake it, and the coughing outbreaks seemed to happen at night when they were sleeping. i know of several other people who have had this also.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I got strongest influenza in my life a bit over month ago. It started with one throw up and right after that 40 degrees of fever for a day and in a next morning i felt very dizzy and had troubles to stand straight, i refused to take any medicine. Second day i had 39 fever and in the evening just 38 degrees of celsius, third day i had nothing, absolutely no symptoms at all.
I took a lot vitamin c and drank a lot. More you take pills to drop down the fever longer the fever stays with you.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I had a stomach bug - vomiting violently for about 8 hours - then queasy and weak for more than a week afterwards, so flipping wore out. About a week after the symptoms pass, I get what I think is just a cold - take tons of zinc and airborne and the like - but I get what I think is bronchitis (maybe it is).

It gets bad instantly, deep horrible coughing, wheezing, bubbling in my lungs. Feel so tired, weak. Tried herbal remedies and water, natural cough medicine, etc. More zinc. More airborne. Gets worse. Finally go to doc and go on antibiotics (hate to do that) as doc says its pneumonia. Still sick and done with antibiotics.

Not sure what to do at this point. Doc says to expect to feel like crap for another couple weeks.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
i think that in general we aren't able to fight off things like colds and flu's as easily as we used to. it's not a super bug... it's our immune systems.

however, if you want to talk about super bugs there IS a bacteria that NO ANTIBIOTIC can kill. hospitals have had to shut down entire wings to decontaminate. Frontline did a story on it not long ago. if you get it you will die. sometimes they can surgically cut it all out of you but it depends on where it is and how far it spread. THAT is a superbug. what alex jones was talking about is just his own paranoia. he talks for 4 hours everyday..... he's got to come up with a LOT of crap.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

well if it is not a bug and our immune sytems what would be the cause of this. Imean weall lead different life style's some of us diet others dont some do heavy vitamins daily to and do other things do actually try and build up our immune systems. SO what would cause and across the board lowering of our immune systems?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

It's not lowered immune systems. Bacteria are becoming drug-resistant and viruses are mutating. Here's my theory I wrote in February of 2013 and since then, my theory is becoming more evident. Many more disease outbreaks have been introduced since I wrote this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join