It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about we make separate 'nations' for each religion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Unless it has been mentioned (sorry did not peruse the entire thread)

Sure would make BOMBING an entire culture out of existence easier!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

A quicker solution would be to divide the world into two nations. In one, you place all of the people of non-exclusive faiths (who don't believe their paths are the only way) and atheists into one nation and then all of the other faiths that believe theirs is the only "correct" one into the other.

Our nation (the inclusive one) would be just waiting out the apocalypse in harmony while the other (Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc) determine by "divine right" (you know, beheadings, stake-burning, the whole shebang) who's god is the "one true god". By the time they are done, the rest of us will have created a utopia that can swat down any attempts of attack from their zealots.

Just imagine!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I love this!!
EXCELLENT idea. Much better. Shall we do it by continents?
How would you set it up?
Having oceans or at least canals between us would be optimal.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Have not heard of the movie. I'll check it out. When was it made?

As for your prior post, bombings happen already. I'm talking about a situation where all players agree to stay in their territory and leave everyone else alone. You get what you get. WYSIWYG...make it work, or lump it.

If you want to immunize your kids so they are 'global citizens' (no religion), we could set that up. But if you adhere to a specific denomination strictly, you don't get to move. War is out of the question. I forgot to add this is a system without military - there would be no need for military anything.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

As has been already pointed out, certain religions already have their own nations and it doesn't work.

You're forgetting we're going to separate all DENOMINATIONS from one another. No WBC vs Southern Baptists in the same zip code. etc.
As it is, though, yes, theocratic states work more poorly than secular states.

edit on 4/10/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

How about we make separate 'nations' for each religion?

How about we educate the religious extremists to the fact that this is 2014 and the planet is crowded, so they have to learn how to get along with others? Separation isn't the key ... education is. IMHO.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

How about we educate the religious extremists to the fact that this is 2014 and the planet is crowded, so they have to learn how to get along with others? Separation isn't the key ... education is. IMHO.

Yes, quite obviously.
The trouble is that the most staunch extremists don't/won't expose their kids to actual "education". We're trying, but they're fighting it tooth and nail. It's a real shame.

I agree with you, of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join