It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: 20 injured in stabbings at Pennsylvania school

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This mass stabbing incident is following the profile of a 'manipulated shooting event.'
signofthetimes.yuku.com...

No motive:

www.post-gazette.com...
Despite several hours of interviewing the suspect, Murrysville police Chief Thomas Seefeld said investigators had not uncovered a motive.

Perp wearing the 'uniform' of all black and/or camouflage:

thecelebritycafe.com...
“I saw this kid in all black running down the hallway, stabbing,” said Gracey Evans, a junior from Murrysville.

The classic “blank expression” on the face of the attacker:

p.washingtontimes.com...
The attacker “had the same expression on his face that he has every day, which was the freakiest part,” (student Nate)Moore said. “He wasn’t saying anything. He didn’t have any anger on his face. It was just a blank expression.”

Feds becoming involved:

www.post-gazette.com...
The incident also drew in federal law enforcement. The FBI was at the suspect's two-story house on a cul-de-sac, executing search warrants, seizing a computer and interviewing witnesses. And U.S. Attorney David Hickton pledged his help.

The early time of the attack, so that the event will dominate the day's headlines:

Stabbing occurred just after 7am.

If the perp continues to follow the profile, look for prior mental health 'treatment,' use of SSRI drugs, and the suspect being unable to recall the event. Also look for prior contact with the military or police, a 'drill' having been conducted sometime just before the incident, and the playing of online role-playing games by the suspect.

/
edit on 10-4-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Daedalus

Cynic
It's time we stopped apologizing for the acts of the people committing these crimes by blaming alcohol and drugs as the root cause. I submit that the violence in entertainment (TV, movies, video games etc.) and the lack of parental involvement in their lives is a more likely cause. Stop the apologies and look within. These kids are being given so many mixed messages and distractions that they have turn into self absorbed, narcissistic addicted little pr*cks. It is said that it takes a village to raise a child, unfortunately it looks as though we may have burned ours to the ground.
edit on 10-4-2014 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

people who say "it takes a village to raise a child", are idiots....it takes parents who give a crap, to raise a child.

I don't disagree with you, but you don't have to come off as a total a$$hat.
edit on 10-4-2014 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

The lawyers make a lot more money working for the drug companies protecting them from responsibility for their crimes.

Brehvik in Norway wasn't taking SSRIs, true... he was looped up on anabolics and ephedrine, drugs made by the same companies that produce SSRIs.

The guy in Dunblane Scottland you referenced was absolutely on antidepressants. He was taking Prozak according to official inquest documents.

If you're so concerned about mental health, then support HEALING THE MIND rather than masking the symptoms via a posionous pill that has, time after freaking time, made it's presence known following one of these goddamn murderous episodes among the users. My God, this is the same medical community which once advocated such wonderous treatments and drugs as thalidomide for morning sickness instead causing babies to be born with flippers, lobotomies for anyone who didn't act "normal", blinding newborns thanks to putting them in incubators with far too high an oxyden ration, VIOXX directly linked to tens of thousands of deaths and hundreds of thousands of heart attacks.

Sorry bud, but the evidence history provides to us doesn't lend much credence in trusting the medical industry to have peoples' best interests at heart. They are entirely about the money and the fame (which leads to more money.) Hell, you talk about lawyers, at least lawyers are upfront about who and what they are. We all know they're parasites and theives and they, themselves, make few excuses about that fact. The pharamceutical companies, on the other hand, they take huge strides to block exposure of their true nature. They would have the entire population taking as many pills as they could afford on a daily basis, whether needed or not and regardless the irreversible harm done.

I refuse to trust them, however I'm sure they appreciate the blind support of those who are too afraid to look behind the curtain.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

ThichHeaded
They are saying this kid was a basic normal kid...
I am now curious to why he went crazy..

I am also curious to see what kinda drugs he was on..
The fort hood shooter supposedly was on Ambien... The reason this is interesting is because the shooter there also didn't have a history of violence... Same with mostly the other shootings and such in the US all the way back to Columbine..
edit on 4/9/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

And odds are, you'll never see what provoked the response. I've actually looked at a number of the shooters over the years looking for as much information as possible about them. Many of them had known or unknown issues that most people were unaware of. I believe it was Michael Carneal who swung himself from piece of furniture to piece of furniture to avoid his feet touching ground as that would "allow the demons to get him". Andrew Wurst though that everyone was already dead (including himself) and that the government was programming people with personalities via "time tablets". Kip Kinkel, during his interview after the fact, went into a rage on tape screaming "god **** these voices in my head". Luke Woodham heard voices, which told him to slay his mother. The list goes on and on.

The point is that many of these kids who have done the horrendous and unthinkable actually did seem like pretty normal kids outwardly. In fact, many of them were very bright and bright enough to know to hide it from their peers and neighbors. The use of medications for many of these kids was absolutely warranted. In a sample of 14, (going from memory as I don't have that data on this computer) 6 reported hearing voices, at least 2 had messianic disorders, a couple were bipolar and many of them had psychotic breaks in the months preceding. Ask yourself this--why would these kids be put on the drugs that they were if they were, in fact, perfectly normal? Isn't it more likely that these kids were on drugs in attempt to help them with their mental problems? Could the drugs have had a negative effect of increasing violence? Sure, that's possible but the issue remains that the majority of these kids were actually very mental.

You reference Columbine so I'll fill you in on what I gleaned from Klebold and Harris' journals on that one. Klebold felt like he needed to do something terrible in order to change the world and Harris hated us all because we were stupid and our educational system was deliberately making us stupid workers.

See for yourself: www.acolumbinesite.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Cynic
I don't disagree with you, but you don't have to come off as a total a$$hat.

i'm sorry if that's how you chose to perceive my demeanor...i can't control that.

i'm simply tired of people saying it..it's such a silly thing to say, when you really think about it.
edit on 10-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Was this the one the kid had body armor? Probably watched Rampage, that movie shouldn't have been released, shows kids how to do this kind of thing. Just goes to show that guns don't kill people, people kill people.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Carneal was placed on Zoloft and Geodon for delusions/psychosis. Carneal opened fire on a group of students praying:

Carneal, in the December 2002 letter, wrote that he was on the anti-depressant Zoloft and Geodon, an antipsychotic used to treat schizophrenic patients.

Carneal described his belief in monsters he called "the danes," which he thought would kill him if he told anyone about them. He said he had a "strange psychic ability" that made him aware of the monsters.

Carneal wrote that he was "caught up" in the delusions until 2000 -- even going so far as to persistently rock in chairs so his feet wouldn't touch the ground where the creatures could grab him. "I still see the people and hands coming out from underneath my bed, but I'm better able to realize that they are not really there," Carneal wrote in December 2002. "I can tell you incident after incident in which I saw, heard, felt, smelt or even tasted things that weren't really there."

www.wdrb.com...

From Luke Woodham's journal, not a nice kid:

We beat the dog, tied her up in a plastic garbage bag, put that bag in another bag ...We put the subdued little pooch in an old book bag and went to some woods. When we got out to the woods, I took a billy club.... I ... handed it to my accomplice. He ran and hit the bagged dog with it. I will never forget the howl she made. it sounded almost human. We laughed and hit her hard. I picked up the book bag, which was now soaked in her blood, and drug her across the ground dropped into the woods. A hole developed in the bag and the dog stuck her head out, fully engulfed in flames.

www.schoolshooters.info...

Kip Kinkel wanted to kill before ever being put on Prozac. In fact, he was very vocal about his enjoyment of using explosives after "bad days" and he was placed on Prozac to help moderate his dangerously anti-social tendencies that were already in existence:

I know everyone thinks this way sometimes, but I am so full of rage that I feel I could snap
at any moment. I think about it everyday. Blowing the school up or just taking the easy way
out, and walk into a pep assembly with guns. In either case, people that are breathing will
stop breathing. That is how I will repay all you mother ******s for all you put me through.

Did the drugs make the killers or were the killers already would be killers before they ever took a pill? Hope this helps the discussion.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I know I haven't posted much else on this in the past day, I've been waiting for some kind of development to come out. The problem is it hasn't. I've heard and read many things that all pretty much say the same thing, this quite, shy Brady Bunch type kid was about as normal as any child his age.

I'm starting to get more and more bothered by that.
Has a reminiscent sting as it did in the Boston Bombing suspect.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

This may be totally unrelated, but I wonder if any of these kids are watching The Following on t.v.?
It's a t.v series where this cult leader sends out his followers to stab people for his "cause". The show "glorifies" killing people.

With teens being so easily influenced by what they watch, or video games they play, it just made me think of this show.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Local news might have something.. type wtae, wpxi, kdka in google that is our local news.

They might have something but I am thinking this aint a big deal like the one in China is because there weren't any guns used.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I know your right, These drugs have nothing to do with these kids...
31 School shooters/school related violence committed by those under the influence of psychiatric drugs

And what does this say?

Columbine, Colorado – April 20, 1999: 18-year-old Eric Harris and his accomplice, Dylan Klebold, killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 26 others before killing themselves. Harris was on the antidepressant Luvox. Klebold’s medical records remain sealed. Both shooters had been in anger-management classes and had undergone counseling. Harris had been seeing a psychiatrist before the shooting.

www.psychintegrity.org...

In fourteen recent school shoots, the acts were committed by persons taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs, resulting in over 100 wounded and 58 killed (7).
In other school shootings, information about the shooter’s prescription drug use and other medical history were kept from public records (7).

Ya your right.. statistically I am wrong.. Statistically these shootings/stabbing have nothing to do with the drugs.. Statistically Anyone can do this.. and Statistically I can be talking out of my ass.. But factually I am right.

Might wanna read this for S&G's
Psychiatric Drugs & Violence—The Facts
edit on 4/10/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

posts like this, are why i wish there was an anti-star, or downvote feature on ATS...

if the parents do their job, and teach the kid right from wrong, then they don't imitate violence they see on TV...it's not a simple matter of "teens are easily manipulated, let's blame TV and games" that's very simplistic, very two-dimensional thinking, and not at all conducive to the denial of ignorance..

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

For the record I agree with you.. parents need to relearn the definition of discipline.. Nobody can do that except the parent.. and the police when they get 18 and do stupid crap and goto jail.. But ya it is the sole responsibility of the parent to teach the kid right from wrong.. But if the kid sees the parent whining because bla bla or not showing respect on something then we have an idiot kid.. But in the end I agree..

Also local news are saying that the kid might have been bullied.. Its 6pm est here and I am watching the live news on wpxi they just stated bulling might be a cause..

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

ThichHeaded

For the record I agree with you.. parents need to relearn the definition of discipline.. Nobody can do that except the parent.. and the police when they get 18 and do stupid crap and goto jail.. But ya it is the sole responsibility of the parent to teach the kid right from wrong.. But if the kid sees the parent whining because bla bla or not showing respect on something then we have an idiot kid.. But in the end I agree..

Also local news are saying that the kid might have been bullied.. Its 6pm est here and I am watching the live news on wpxi they just stated bulling might be a cause..

kinda reminds me of this:

another one is bullying.......back in the day, if some dickhead manhandled you, because he thought he had the right, once you'd had enough, you broke his nose, and that was the end of it...no softy pu**y kids, who don't know how to defend themselves...your old man would tell you to "be a man", and pop him one....now we need all these programs that keep kids soft...and then we drug them, and then when they snap, instead of breaking the nose of the one hurting him, he goes off, and f**ks up a whole bunch of kids.....it's a crappy way to operate...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It's kinda weird, by this time with Lanza, there were old shopped photos leaked, there was a list of every weapon and "suspicious videogame" in the house, list of "suspicious clothes" etc etc. Is that because this one didn't self destruct, so he still has rights?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Ya Ever seen idicocracy and They Live?

if not you should see them.. Then go outside and look around..

And TKDRL..

Guns not knives.. How will we cut all the steak we buy with our food stamps?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

You are both correct. It is good to admit that.

The children were sick mentally beforehand, and the drugs taken had the side effect in these particular children of intensifying the mental illness rather than relieving it - which does occasionally happen - its an adverse side effect and not everyone who takes these medicines will have this particular effect, some will indeed find relief through it.

I believe instances like this should make us evaluate the statistics of children who find relief and those who get worse with certain medications. Article on FDA Study's

edit on 10-4-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Daedalus
reply to post by sled735

posts like this, are why i wish there was an anti-star, or downvote feature on ATS...

if the parents do their job, and teach the kid right from wrong, then they don't imitate violence they see on TV...it's not a simple matter of "teens are easily manipulated, let's blame TV and games" that's very simplistic, very two-dimensional thinking, and not at all conducive to the denial of ignorance..

Well, pfft! The FACT is, that many parents don't give a rat's ass what their kids do! They are too busy ripping people off to get money for their next "fix". They have the kids so they can qualify for government assistance programs.

Yeah, if the parents were the responsible adults they should be, the kids wouldn't be watching such shows, or playing those games. But there's a lot that aren't. And some kids can watch this stuff in their rooms on their computer without the parent's knowledge.

There are a lot of things that parents just can't control, no matter how hard they try to be a good parent.

edit on 4/10/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

sled735
Well, pfft! The FACT is, that many parents don't give a rat's ass what their kids do! They are too busy ripping people off to get money for their next "fix".
Yeah, if the parents were the responsible adults they should be, the kids wouldn't be watching such shows, or playing those games. But there's a lot that aren't. And some kids can watch this stuff in their rooms on their computer without the parent's knowledge.

There are a lot of things that parents just can't control, no matter how hard they try to be a good parent.

and once again, you're passing off personal opinions, and bias as fact...

i've been watching violent movies and shows, and playing violent games, since i was a kid....i have never shot up a mall, school, daycare center, etc...nor, do i have any desire to...

why is this? because i'm smart enough to separate fantasy from reality. i know that what i'm seeing on my screen isn't real...would it be cool to blast terrorists, and save the day like in die hard? sure...will i ever be in a situation like that? probably not...that was just a movie.

i also had parents that made sure that from the time i was little, i understood that hurting people is wrong, killing people is wrong, and that you should only ever do either of those things, if there are NO OTHER OPTIONS. my parents weren't the greatest parents in the world, but at least they gave enough of a s**t, to make sure i understood right from wrong.

lots of parents these days don't even do THAT much...they just sit them in front of the idiot box, hook a cable box, and a game system to it, and say "don't bother me", and then let the schools handle the rest....and we wonder how ANY kid could be so cold as to execute one of their parents.....if the parent was never a parent, there's no respect, no love, and no acknowledgement of who they are..they're just another person..

you think they shouldn't be able to watch and play what they like? i think they should, but i think their parents should be actual parent, and, additionally, should be making sure they understand that it's not real, and that emulating what they see on the screen is unacceptable

edit on 10-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Not all kids are as stable as you, I guess.

There were a couple of teens where I live that went to the side of the interstate and started shooting at cars as they went by. A bullet killed an innocent woman who was riding down the road minding her own business, and many more bullets struck other cars.

When the police asked why they did it, they said it was like the game they played. They couldn't get inside to play their game for some reason, so they went and played it at the interstate!

Sigh... sad.

edit on 4/10/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join