It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Woke From My First Lucid Dream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
So, I got up this morning 7am and because I was cold and didn't want put on the heating just yet, I had a cup of tea and went back to bed about 8.30am.

I thought I was still awake when I suddenly became aware that I was walking along a street that I didn't recognise but had a vague memory of, a 'deja vu' moment. I stopped and looked up the street to my left, then looked at the street off to my right, turned and looked behind me and forward of me, and I recognised that I was at the same place I come to in my dreams when I am asleep.

I suddenly thought to myself, 'does this mean this place really exists, or does it mean that I am actually asleep and I am in a dream?'. I then thought to myself 'one way to find out, if this is a dream I will be able to fly'. I walked a few steps and jumped into the air, I couldn't believe it as I became weightless as I slowly left the ground and ascended about 10 feet off the ground and floated back down. I did it again and went higher, but then I remembered that I don't like heights at all and decided not to go so high that I become scared. While I was doing this I noticed there was a little boy walking past and I wondered if he could see me, and if he could would he be shocked to see me slowly bouncing so high off the ground and coming back down. I could see him looking at me as I descended, but he just looked away and carried on walking past as if what I was doing was normal. I watched him go for a few seconds but he didn't even look back.

When he'd gone I gently leapt into the air a couple of feet and I didn't want to float back down, I was upright and moved my arms up and then down (as if swimming to surface), and this one motion propelled me so fast upwards that I was shocked at the speed and height that I had to stop and come back down. But, I thought to myself, at least I'd found out how to fly. And then I decided to try it out (but not too high up lol).

I leapt up into the air and moved my arms just a little bit to gain a little height, then I leaned forward and moved my arms again and I was moving forward so fast, I was flying. Then I knew that I was awake in a dream. My first lucid dream. I flew around and around and couldn't believe how easy it was, it was fantastic. I saw people walking dogs in a field and I swooped them hoping to see shocked expressions when they realised they were seeing a person actually flying. They looked up at me but their expressions didn't change, and I wondered if this was normal here in the 'dream' land.

I could see there was a dog off-leash and it was chasing a little dog, so I came back down and picked the little dog up until its owners caught up. Then I remember helping some other people separate their dogs which had got into a squabble.

A weird thing I have to mention, while this was happening I recalled that in my 'normal' dreams there was a house not far away and in 'normal' dreams I lived in this house, so I went to see if it was there while in this 'awake' dream. It was there. But I was shocked to find it almost derelict. I'm puzzled why it was derelict, when in 'normal' dreams it's perfect. Then I woke up.

The whole thing seemed like I was 'lucid' dreaming for about 10-20 minutes at most, but when I looked at the clock it was 11am - 2 and a half hours had passed.

I've heard and read about other people who have had lucid dreams and I've been so envious, because I usually wake up as soon as I become 'aware' that I am dreaming, so annoying.

I just thought I'd share my fantastic new experience with my ATS friends.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Congrats!

My first lucid dream was "waking up" to find myself in a giant tunnel made of intertwined bands of neon rainbow like (think Rainbow Road from Mario Kart). It was so surreal I just knew it was a dream, then I spent the next few minutes? hours? rafting down a stream within this water-slide rainbow tunnel.

Lucid dreams are good times for sure.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JonButtonIII

I always fly too. Funny thing is, i'm always scared of falling as well. Even if I know it's a dream, weird right?

Very interesting reaction you had from the "other people" They say in dreams everyone is you in some form. So the boy is you, the people are you, just different aspects of your personality. Even the house and dogs would be a part of you...

Of course it's possible that we actually travel to another world where they are actual people living there. Can you imagine their reactions :

Dream Person See's Dream JonButton jumping and flying around "Darn Tourists" as he rolls his eyes and continues walking his dog.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

PsychoEmperor
reply to post by JonButtonIII

I always fly too. Funny thing is, i'm always scared of falling as well. Even if I know it's a dream, weird right?

Very interesting reaction you had from the "other people" They say in dreams everyone is you in some form. So the boy is you, the people are you, just different aspects of your personality. Even the house and dogs would be a part of you...

Of course it's possible that we actually travel to another world where they are actual people living there. Can you imagine their reactions :

Dream Person See's Dream JonButton jumping and flying around "Darn Tourists" as he rolls his eyes and continues walking his dog.

I got the impression the 'other people' didn't want to interact with me. The people whom I'd helped separate two squabbling dogs were two women and they were crouched down holding the dogs, I asked them if the little dog I was holding belonged to them, they didn't answer at first and didn't even look up at me. I asked again and one woman nodded quickly and answered 'yes' without looking up, no thanks or change of expression. Quite abrupt and rude, I thought. I handed the dog back and went to look for the house I remember in normal dreams. I don't know why, but I walked to this house and didn't fly there, and I seemed to walk just a few steps and I was there.

Lucid dreams are just as weird as normal ones.

Love the 'darn tourists' comment haha.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Dude, I just had mine too a few days ago. Here.

It was mind-blowing enough that, if I didn't already have a plethora of awesome things to focus on, I would devote a significant part of my life to trying to recreate it. I seriously questioned my sanity during one of them that night.

Thanks for sharing and let us know if you go back.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I hope it happens again very soon, it was an amazing experience. I can't wait to do it again and stay longer if I can.

I definitely will come back and tell all if it happens again.

Just read your thread you linked to, you've had a few different paranormal experiences. I've had different ones too - had a conscious OOBE (amazing), been visited by pets and family that had crossed over, I've seen shadow people, and I've also had 'visions' of family members' future that came true a few years later.

I particularly loved the lucid dreaming though and really looking forward to doing it again.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
S&F

Those experiences always leave me looking forward to going to sleep the next night.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Congrats for sure - and I am envious of your having been able to maintain your stay in the dream for so long after realizing you were dreaming (and subsequently breaking the Terms & Conditions of whatever channel you were in.)

Please let me elaborate - I have experienced what you are describing almost identically, as far as the reaction/expected reaction of others you encounter while "breaking the rules". Tell me, was it almost as if they couldn't even see you after you started to fly?

Dreams like this have led me to consider the notion that when we dream, we either 'travel out of body' - or more likely, we receive data from an 'alternative' source. It seems to me that we 'join a channel' and agree to a certain set of 'rules' - all of this happens so deeply within our subconscious minds that we never remember making any of these agreements. The other people we meet there *could* be multiple 'versions' of ourselves which have made similar agreements - but they could also be other people/entities who've done the same.

When we start breaking the rules (I used to start physically attacking people when I'd become lucid, just because, why not?) the others around just put us on 'ignore'.

Disclaimer: I am not a violent person - my thoughts on the 'dream realm' used to be along the lines of, 'this is MY dream. MY world. MY people to punch in the face for no reason. MY subconscious. I thought of it the same way as when I play a video game. I can punch, kick, stab, shoot (and steal cars) but if there's no real victim, who cares?

The thing is, as soon as I would start doing that, the people would just sort of ignore me. I'd be swinging as hard as I could, but my hooks would land with the force of a kitten's paw, and my 'adversary' would just look at me like, "what are you doing?" or just completely continue whatever they were doing without so much as a glance in my direction.

Does that sound similar to the way your dream-denizens reacted?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You nailed that experience on the head. Thats a pretty good decription. Start keeping a journal. Write down everything as you can remember it. Time, place, for how long, what happened, who was there, what etc....you get it.

Sometimes...much later....the events you experienced, will become clear and actually make a relation to something in your life. Not always...but keep a notebokk next to you.

Safe travels....

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Teratoma

Congrats for sure - and I am envious of your having been able to maintain your stay in the dream for so long after realizing you were dreaming (and subsequently breaking the Terms & Conditions of whatever channel you were in.)

Please let me elaborate - I have experienced what you are describing almost identically, as far as the reaction/expected reaction of others you encounter while "breaking the rules". Tell me, was it almost as if they couldn't even see you after you started to fly?

Dreams like this have led me to consider the notion that when we dream, we either 'travel out of body' - or more likely, we receive data from an 'alternative' source. It seems to me that we 'join a channel' and agree to a certain set of 'rules' - all of this happens so deeply within our subconscious minds that we never remember making any of these agreements. The other people we meet there *could* be multiple 'versions' of ourselves which have made similar agreements - but they could also be other people/entities who've done the same.

When we start breaking the rules (I used to start physically attacking people when I'd become lucid, just because, why not?) the others around just put us on 'ignore'.

Disclaimer: I am not a violent person - my thoughts on the 'dream realm' used to be along the lines of, 'this is MY dream. MY world. MY people to punch in the face for no reason. MY subconscious. I thought of it the same way as when I play a video game. I can punch, kick, stab, shoot (and steal cars) but if there's no real victim, who cares?

The thing is, as soon as I would start doing that, the people would just sort of ignore me. I'd be swinging as hard as I could, but my hooks would land with the force of a kitten's paw, and my 'adversary' would just look at me like, "what are you doing?" or just completely continue whatever they were doing without so much as a glance in my direction.

Does that sound similar to the way your dream-denizens reacted?

Yes, I got the impression that the people there weren't supposed to interact with me, I knew that they knew I was there and that they were ignoring me. When I think about it now I would say they weren't real people. They were a bit like Stepford people.

The boy actually looked at me as I descended so I know he saw me, but he didn't react or look surprised at what I was doing. He never stopped walking as he looked up at me then looked forward again as he continued on by. No change in his expression or anything.

Another thing I remember is what he was wearing. He had on a school uniform, dark blazer, greyish knee-length pants, and a dark school-cap.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

doobydoll

Yes, I got the impression that the people there weren't supposed to interact with me, I knew that they knew I was there and that they were ignoring me. When I think about it now I would say they weren't real people. They were a bit like Stepford people.

The boy actually looked at me as I descended so I know he saw me, but he didn't react or look surprised at what I was doing. He never stopped walking as he looked up at me then looked forward again as he continued on by. No change in his expression or anything.

Another thing I remember is what he was wearing. He had on a school uniform, dark blazer, greyish knee-length pants, and a dark school-cap.

EXACTLY! Like they are following some bizarre set of rules! That's one of the main factors that lead me to explore the 'channels' concept.

"Stepford people" - I love it! Very much so, but we can agree that it's OUR 'transgression' that turns them into non-reacting zombies, correct?

A very popular and compelling school of thought about dreams/dream interpretation is that EVERYTHING in your dreams are subject to how much attention you give them. This does make a lot of sense, but you and I have both experienced something that I would define as contrary to that idea.

Meaning: if this were the case, things would behave the way we EXPECT them to. The people I levitate gently past going, "HEY, WHO HAS TWO THUMBS AND CAN LEVITATE??? THIS GUY!!!" would show at least a modicum of... some kinda reaction, don't you think? Not just deliberately ignore me like when someone goes "interdimensionally out-of-shift" on some sci-fi TV show.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Thanks for relating the experience! Makes me jealous.
I had a dream a few years back...that I remembered (Yay!)...
The dream started rather weirdly...continued rather weirdly...then I started walking through an apartment complex. I was wearing sandals, and came upon some rain-puddles. The first puddle I was able to stretch past... The next puddle was larger, and as I tried to stretch over/past it, I began to rise off the ground. I started floating/flying toward the parking lot (where my car was apparently parked), but had little control over how or where or what height I flew. At some point, I realized that none of this was 'normal' - and I was just a bit concerned that I might fall, fly into brick wall, land on a concrete sidewalk or float off to never-never land, and shortly after this concern took over - I heard a voice inside my head inside the dream (don't recall what was said - though, I do have it written somewhere), and almost immediately, I returned to the ground.
I don't think that was a lucid dream (might be close, though)...but yours seems kind of amazing.
When you consider the people in your dream, and their attitude toward you...does it, in any way, remind you of what happened in the movie "Inception"...when the 'architect' was in the dream, questioning something about the dream?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Teratoma

doobydoll

EXACTLY! Like they are following some bizarre set of rules! That's one of the main factors that lead me to explore the 'channels' concept.

"Stepford people" - I love it! Very much so, but we can agree that it's OUR 'transgression' that turns them into non-reacting zombies, correct?

A very popular and compelling school of thought about dreams/dream interpretation is that EVERYTHING in your dreams are subject to how much attention you give them. This does make a lot of sense, but you and I have both experienced something that I would define as contrary to that idea.

Meaning: if this were the case, things would behave the way we EXPECT them to. The people I levitate gently past going, "HEY, WHO HAS TWO THUMBS AND CAN LEVITATE??? THIS GUY!!!" would show at least a modicum of... some kinda reaction, don't you think? Not just deliberately ignore me like when someone goes "interdimensionally out-of-shift" on some sci-fi TV show.

Yes I agree. I fully expected some kind of reaction as I swooped the people, a surprised look, pointing fingers at me, or running away scared, anything. But they looked at me, looked away, and carried on like they saw nothing.

I also agree they were like avatar 'extras' in a GTA game, much like you described earlier.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I've become quite good at lucid dreaming, which as a result has resulted in all sorts of strange occurrences that would scare the daylight out of most people, including but not limited to: sleep paralysis, horrific and literally physically painful nightmares and or states of consciousness in between sleep and wakefulness, feelings of negative "dark" entities flouting in the bedroom.

This is not to say that lucid dreaming is the cause, but it's trying to achieve this sort of effect that has led to some unpleasant things as a result. I never practiced to much on lucid dreaming, it's something that came naturally to me.

I often choose to fly around in my dreams as well, often in places I recall growing up as a child. One thing I do the most when I become lucid is to fly up at about 200 mph (or so it seems) up over my house, at which point I experience these feelings of intense adrenaline rush, and I then come smashing back toward the ground, penetrating the ground, which is where a dark void-like place resides that always seems to be trying to pull me down or suck the life out of me, and just gives a negative feeling, like the "dark" entities I sometimes experience when not sure if awake or dreaming, at which point I fly back up into the sky before it consumes me.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The thing about lucid dreams is that they're still dreams, and when you're inside the dream it will do anything and everything to make you think that everything is A-OK so you'll just go with the flow. If dream characters would interact extensively with you while in a lucid state, you might catch them up in a contradiction that would reinforce your lucidity. In your flying example, if the other people would freak out or talk to you about flying you would be more likely to remember it and stay lucid. But by going into "standby mode" it's possible you'll just accept it and lose lucidity so the dream can continue normally.

I did have an experience that defies this explanation once. All through my lucid dream the people were just the usual drones, but eventually I met someone who seemed to have the same powers in the dream as I did. Finally I asked her if she was another lucid dreamer and she said she was. I'm not sure about shared dreams, but she convinced me at the time. But on the other hand, if there's one person alive who could convince me of something outlandish it would be me.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Yay!!!! Sounds like a blast! It gets easier and easier the more you do it, they start lasting longer too!!

Next time you get lucid you should try some of these things out: Look at yourself in a mirror, think where you want to go and open a door and you'll be there, try using the phone, turning in a light switch.

Congrats!!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I can't remember who said it but someone mentioned that I should try reading something in a lucid dream. I've not had too much success in becoming lucid in a dream since my first experience in my OP, until the other night. But anyway, I thought I should come back to this thread and add my latest experience to the thread.

The other night I was sound asleep and I recall becoming lucid very very briefly, and it seems my lucidity was triggered by seeing someone who appeared to be reading what I assumed was writing on a sheet of paper. My memory within the dream begins with me looking at someone who is standing beside some sort of entrance to somewhere, people are stopping at this person and looks like they are having their names checked off the sheet of paper. The person looks them then at the paper and waves them on into the entrance, and they go inside. I am standing a short distance away and the person is in front of me and to the side a little, and from this position and distance I can see the sheet of paper and I can see there is writing on it, but I'm to far away to read what it says.

My first lucid thought in this dream is remembering that someone on ATS, or maybe even in this thread, had asked me to read something in a lucid dream, and I remember thinking that I will move a little closer to the person holding the paper, but still stay behind them, sort of look over their shoulder. I didn't want to just walk straight over and blatantly start looking at what's written in case the person folded it up or put it away before I could get a peek. So I stepped quietly forward until I was near enough to see. The person was still being distracted by people still stopping and having their names checked off, or that's what it appeared was happening.

The 'writing' on the paper was not writing, but a series of shapes, such as a black spiral design, and a square with a circle in it, and a circle with a triangle in it. The person looked down at the paper and looked up at a couple stood there and then waved them through as if there names had been checked. No-one seemed to notice I was there (although that was the idea in me sneaking up slowly and quietly).

That was the end of my lucidity, I can only remember seeing someone holding a sheet of paper and becoming lucid, and that I must try and see what is written on it and report back here. Just shapes and simple design-type, printed characters not hand-drawn, just those three I described above were on the paper and nothing else. They were side-by-side, left middle and right.

How do you read shapes? Search me.

Weird or what?

I remember thinking that I must come back to this thread and update with this while it is fresh in my mind.

Edit to add: I'm amazed that I remembered in a lucid dream to actively do something with the specific purpose of reporting it back to ATS. Crazy stuff.
edit on 25-4-2015 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

That is one of the weird things about lucid dreams.
If you read something, it will always change the second time you read it.
It is a trigger for lucid dreaming.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I used to have a lot of lucid dreams. Not so much any more though. I also used to have sleep paralysis a lot of the time, sometimes daily. I think they are related somehow.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Cool that it happened again for you.
Is it something you would like to pursue, or more of a curiosity?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join