It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden talks to Vanity Fair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This link contains a substantial piece of the interview, which will be available in its entirety on April 10.
Snowden Interview

He talks about his motives in detail. There is also some good discussion on the very volatile subject of
how far journalists should go (or be allowed to go) when they discover secret\sensitive\dangerous information.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Sources close to the situation discuss Snowden’s living arrangements in Moscow and his desire to be granted asylum in Germany or another democratic state:

There is a deep dark hole at the Colorado super max just waiting for him if he even 'thinks' about returning to the west. There he can have debates with Ramsi and crazy Ted. Better make it fast as they only get 45 minutes a day to talk to anyone but himself.

'granted asylum in Germany' He is delusional without a doubt.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that not only will Edward Snowden never do any prison time, anywhere, but also no one will ever interview him face to face in person or over video connection. There is a better chance of Sasquatch being interviewed on the Today show than there is of anyone talking to Snowden. Seriously, he literally mailed in the interview? And before that what was it, Internet telepresence robot at the TED conference? Before that what was it, how many layers of go-betweens? Snowden isn't talking about conspiracies, he is the conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
When you have most of the worlds intelligence agencies after you.
Yeah i dont blame him for taking precautions.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
He is referenced by all intel types as Public Enemy #1........He has much to be proud of for that title accords Mr. Snowden special status as an American patriot of the first order, not to mention the fact that he is the major spokesperson throughout the entire world for freedom of the individual and the supreme dignity of the human person - more-so than the Pope even!

edit on 9-4-2014 by valdonzontaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

spooky24

Sources close to the situation discuss Snowden’s living arrangements in Moscow and his desire to be granted asylum in Germany or another democratic state:

There is a deep dark hole at the Colorado super max just waiting for him if he even 'thinks' about returning to the west. There he can have debates with Ramsi and crazy Ted. Better make it fast as they only get 45 minutes a day to talk to anyone but himself.

'granted asylum in Germany' He is delusional without a doubt.

Not a chance.

It would be the US's worst nightmare if he were to show up here.

PR Nightmare, Political nightmare. Diplomatic relations nightmare, legal nightmare, and the list goes on...

My bet is they are working feverishly behind the scenes to ensure this not happen and he stays "somewhere" else. Hell, I think they'd kill him if they thought they could get away with it and/or they could manage the fallout, but that ship sailed a while ago...
edit on 4/9/2014 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Amazes me how clueless some of you are about America and their institutions. You know nothing about the bureau or the agency and how they function-and the suffering this traitor caused.

Perhaps this will help. Your 'rights' as an American citizen granted by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Attorney General Holder will tell you what rights you have and what rights you don't have. As a matter of fact he will TELL you just where you can cram those rights-he will even take the time out of his busy schedule to SHOW you where you can cram your rights.

If that is insufficient some of his pink gorillas will assist you in cramming your rights right up the ole pie hole where they belong.

That is how America really works. You can fairytale all your internet garbage and your opinions-the AG knows where you can cram those too.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

You really aren't even a little bit skeptical of "Snowden"? I was skeptical right away and the reason why I was skeptical is because I've been around long enough to know how our government works. Some agencies within our federal government are extremely good at disinformation. What was front-page news right before "Snowden" hit the news? The NSA datacenter in Utah was front page news and wasn't going to go away anytime soon without a massive story to displace it from the front page and what happens then, "Snowden" happens and at that point the datacenter is no longer a daily front page story. That couldn't have worked out any better for the NSA.

There are other factors which have led me to take everything "Snowden" says with a grain of salt. I don't believe the backstory attached to "Snowden", I think there are many problems with it. From a technical point of view I don't believe some of what has been said about admin capabilities within the NSA network, I'm not talking about what they can do outside of the network, I'm talking about what is allowed within the NSA network. The brief but laughable attempt to create an online image history for "Snowden" only succeeded in making me question why the effort was necessary in the first place.

Snowden is allegedly living freely in Russia right now working for an ISP. No one can get a picture of one of the most notorious guys on the planet right now? The fact that he's in Russia isn't a secret but he has to disguise himself when speaking at the TED conference...Vanity Fair had to conduct an "interview" via mail? You're allowed to fly to Russia you know. there is no Iron Curtain anymore and "Snowden" isn't a prisoner. There is no reason for "Snowden" to hide his identity or location, everyone knows already so why do it? The obvious reason to do that is to hide who is actually being interviewed.

On a website devoted to the views of people who don't trust the government and love conspiracy theories...people who like to believe that they can sniff out the truth better than most, the most recent thread on the NSA datacenter is from October 2013, six months ago. Why? Because everyone fell for the "Snowden" story and is watching that instead.

Are you really that surprised and outraged that some people are just a wee bit skeptical?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

spooky24
Amazes me how clueless some of you are about America and their institutions. You know nothing about the bureau or the agency and how they function-and the suffering this traitor caused.

Perhaps this will help. Your 'rights' as an American citizen granted by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Attorney General Holder will tell you what rights you have and what rights you don't have. As a matter of fact he will TELL you just where you can cram those rights-he will even take the time out of his busy schedule to SHOW you where you can cram your rights.

If that is insufficient some of his pink gorillas will assist you in cramming your rights right up the ole pie hole where they belong.

That is how America really works. You can fairytale all your internet garbage and your opinions-the AG knows where you can cram those too.

What does anything of that have to do with Snowden and the info he released regarding the NSA's way-beyond-the-pale methods & procedures?

I think you need to take your blinders off Spooky.

Loyalty is a great & sacred thing.

But loyalty without honor is a betrayal of principle & a monumental failure of character.

I understand the oath - believe me, I do. And I hate what Snowden did.

But I understand why he did it.

And the people of this country are better off because of it, as even though his revelations have caused damage especially regarding methods & procedures and some real patriots have been hurt, the underlying principles that the NSA violated were too important, too central to who & what we are as a nation, that exposing them for the purpose of ending those practices represented the far greater good in this instance.

I wish he could have been a little more selective in his revelations, though...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Starting to think "eric snowden" is CIA. He's here to take the heat off the really nasty stuff that is secret. Remember wikileaks?
Look at what they did to assange and what they did to Pvt manning? Yet snowden magically escapes.

top topics

join