It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you get your meat?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

I actually buy from a mix of both from Supermarket and Butcher. All depends on where the meat is from, When I was a child all the supermarket goods were all local and the quality was just as good as going to the local butcher... Mostly because the local butcher would have sold his bulk stock to the supermarket. But now adays...... I have to check where the meat has come from in the supermarket. Most supermarket products in Malta are shipped from Italy and the meat is too. What I find shocking is these supermarkets are now outsourcing Maltese delicacies such as Rabbit (sorry bunny lovers
) from Italy which by the time it gets here......Its not worth the oil to cook it with and top it off the supermarket will mark up the price.

But then again depends on what you want meat wise.... The local butcher for me will have Rabbit, Horse, Beef, Goat, Duck, Chicken, Pork etc but my local supermarket sells foriegn meats such as Irish Ribeye which even though its been packaged for some weeks and shipping etc. Its still much better than the local meat cuts.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

I get mine from the grocery store. I buy the Greenwise brand which is the organic grass fed meats from Publix. It is a little more expensive than the other stuff but it does taste less chemical.

I tried our local butcher ONCE, his prices are absolutely ridiculous. I mean ridiculous and the stuff in the case isn't grass fed, if you want grass fed be prepared to pay double the store price for his grass fed meats. His regular meats are still more than the grocery store.

I hate living in a city because it is so hard to find organic or all natural anything! I'm in Florida one of the worst states to find such things. I bought ice cream recently at the local health food store only to find out it was friggin expired from NOVEMBER! I was pissed. A health food store selling expired dairy which might I add was $8 for a pint!

I wish I lived in the "country" where you just buy from local farmers.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join