It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasphemy thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Were we given brains just to simply not use them? Who decides what's blasphemy and what isn't blasphemy? Humans, that's who. No human is going to tell me what to say, think, do or believe. I use the brain god gave me to make my own choices, decisions and ideas.

If someone thinks it's blasphemy, oh well.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

One must come to understand the true power of words to grasp all implications of what is really being said. If i say i do not agree with you then that is one thing. If i say your brains are mush and you have no idea what you speak of that is another thing. ex. I was givin a hunting rifle when i was young. Was that a bad thing? It is the words that were said to me that made the difference between how i used it. I could have said i was givin a gun so that means i am to go out and cause harm to someone. Now that i am older it collects dust because i tend to question my actions before i act. Look at the verse where GOD gave man domain to humans over animals. Many view that as him saying eat up folks and many see it as a test saying now that they are yours what will you do with them. So no just because we have the ability to do something does not mean that is what we should do. I think drawing the line at the point where our words simply state that we do not agree is far better than trying to club someone with words and debate.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Let' s not forget that if anyone feels the need to take a shot at blasfemy of the spirit go right ahead and do not beat around the bush. That is afterall why the thread was made.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

But at the end of the day, none of those things have anything to do with blasphemy, do they?

At the end of the day human beings decided what is and is not considered blasphemy. No man tells me how to think, what I can and can not say, or decides what I believe in.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Yes they all have common ground with the spirit. If the holy spirit says thou shall not kill and i come along and say well if i am being attacked then it should be ok for me to kill then i just went against the spirits demands. Thereby my words are blasfemy against the spirit. I am guilty.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join