It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasphemy thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It is said that blasphemy of the holy spirit will go unforgivin. I am wondering what your views of what is meant by this bible warning. If you do not believe in GOD then tell me using your best blasphemies of how my views hurt you or impeade on your everyday life and why you do not believe in the holy spirit.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

It is said that blasphemy of the holy spirit will go unforgivin. I am wondering what your views of what is meant by this bible warning. If you do not believe in GOD then tell me using your best blasphemies of how my views hurt you or impeade on your everyday life and why you do not believe in the holy spirit. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is always men who deem things sacred. It is always men who judge blasphemy. The idea that we can be judged, and in some instances, put to death because of a supposed thought crime is abhorrent. If someone speaks ill of something sacred, it is because it isn't as sacred as it is made out to be.

Why do I not believe in the holy spirit? I have no use for it. I also find it extremely boring. In order to get any interest in life, I seek higher intellectual pleasures.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Its my catholic upbringing understanding that the holy spirit is sort of the "soul force" of life...basically its us..sorta..its like a collective unification of all the souls on life, the interconnectedness and all sorts..

"dissing" on that is about as sensible as cursing yourself...which granted, I have done in the past, but usually after blowing all my rent money on booze and gambling or some such.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Goddamnit, not another blasphemy thread?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

deadeyedick
It is said that blasphemy of the holy spirit will go unforgivin. I am wondering what your views of what is meant by this bible warning. If you do not believe in GOD then tell me using your best blasphemies of how my views hurt you or impeade on your everyday life and why you do not believe in the holy spirit.

Wait, I just reread the ops and realized something

So, you believe in a holy spirit then according to you.
you also believe that although god can forgive pretty much everything, the one singular exception is blaspheming the holy spirit

So, you then, instead of being a good Christian, are attempting to make the unbelievers (who you are charged to try and enlighten) become unforgiving of god by basically tricking them into cutting short their route to salvation..make them do the unforgivable..encourage them to sin against the holy spirit.

Which means, you are actually being not a Christian, but a demon ensuring people become unrepentant..cutting off the path of god.

That...THAT my friend, is a great blaspheme to the holy spirit...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Your views don't really effect my every day life or anything. I just find it hard to believe in a man made idea that there is a supreme lord up there who parted the sea and flooded the earth and sent his kid down only to die and be resurrected no I just don't trust humanity enough to believe in that. However I do believe that there is something up there and it has been massively mis con strewed by man.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

That makes sense. I have had the thought that we never know when the holy spirit is speaking through a person and that most everyone has committed this sin often when engauged negativly with someone.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

indeed the saying sit at my right hand till i make your enemies your footstool.

link   

deadeyedick

The God I know, doesn't give warnings, nor instill fear in people...only love.

Des

link   

So, you then, instead of being a good Christian, are attempting to make the unbelievers (who you are charged to try and enlighten) become unforgiving of god by basically tricking them into cutting short their route to salvation..make them do the unforgivable..encourage them to sin against the holy spirit. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lol, was thinking the same thing.
edit on 8-4-2014 by FancyName because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

If you do not believe in GOD then tell me using your best blasphemies of how my views hurt you or impeade on your everyday life and why you do not believe in the holy spirit. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The real question is why are you going out seeking a seeking out a battle with those who dont believe as you do?

This is what I dont get about religious people...they want to ccry "martyr" all the time....yet THEY are the ones generally starting the fight.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
There is no excuse for cutting down the good in people. It is the unforgivable sin. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of god within people. Just because someone belongs to a religion does not mean they are doing gods bidding though, which is evident. It is the good in people that we are not supposed to cut down....their desire to help others and to promote peace and friendship to the mankind....as long as they don't have a motive for acting that way. Some people profit extensively by these things.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

deadeyedick

The holy spirit is as real and practical as Santa Claus. It does all kinds of good for getting you excited about your life, but in the end, it's usually someone much closer to home making your dreams come true. The same arguments used to support the holy spirit can be used to validate the existence of Santa, the Easter Bunny, the tooth fairy, the mystical ufrack (my own invention), and any other number of fairy tale characters. Such an ambiguously rational principle is something I find entirely unreliable. It has the integrity of single-ply toilet paper. But what really grinds me is how many people need to be touched or possessed by the "holy spirit" in order to do and feel things that any human being with a heart should feel. Particularly when a moment later they'll turn around and, by inspiration of the same spirit, encourage division and oppression in the name of righteousness.

As for my blasphemy...heh. Let's just say that I would be breaking a number of rules if I poured even a fraction of my sentiments into this thread. R. Lee Ermey would blush to read it. We'll leave it at that.

edit on 8-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

captaintyinknots

If you do not believe in GOD then tell me using your best blasphemies of how my views hurt you or impeade on your everyday life and why you do not believe in the holy spirit. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The real question is why are you going out seeking a seeking out a battle with those who dont believe as you do?

This is what I dont get about religious people...they want to ccry "martyr" all the time....yet THEY are the ones generally starting the fight.

I suppose by battle you mean civil discoarse? Do you wish for me to become a martyr? No one but you has said fight. Were just talking.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well put. When you get down to the heart of the matter a person either believes or they do not. No fence sitting.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Is this a thread for blasphemers to spout blasphemy?

Can I? Can I? Please can I?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I was taught in a bible study (ages ago it seems) that the unforgiveable sin was a sin that may have been committed by the scribes. The sin was committed, or almost committed when they attributed some of Jesus's works to Satan.

They said:
"He is possessed by Beelzebul, and by the prince of demons he casts out the demons."

Jesus replied:
"Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness."

If I understood correctly, he was warning that they were dangerously close to committing the unforgiveable sin.

Just my take on the subject.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

deadeyedick

You can be forgiven for blasphemy against the father and son.

Not the Holy Spirit.

It means if you don't believe in our God, fine.

But to believe in nothing spiritual ever is unforgivable.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
There is no such "person, being or entity the "holy spirit".Holy means separateness..spirit is life...the holy spirit (separateness of life) of the creator God is the life they imbue to ALL things.The new testimony scriptures do NOT say the holy spirit is the 3rd person of the "Godhead" trinity as most of Christian theology believes. That is an extrapolation from pantheistic paganism.
The creator God does not "have" a spirit the creator God IS spirit...i.e ...life.

The core meaning of blaspheme is contempt,to revile,to cause dissension.The word forgiveness in the new testimony does not mean "pardoned from guilt."NONE will be pardoned from their guilt everyone is 100% accountable for it.Forgiveness means "freed from bondage".

The blasphemy of the holy spirit Yahoshua spoke of is a wide swath however the core of it is the contempt and reviling of all life.The biggest offender is the doctrine of the eternal punishment of hell which is the antithesis of life.To revile the creator God as the author of that doctrine is blasphemy of the holy spirit that will not be forgiven(freed from their bondage) in this age(also translated world) which is the physical universe nor the next age to come(The Kingdom of the creator God) .

In other words to believe the doctrine of the eternal punishment of hell is bondage to believe the biggest lie there is.It effects everything the believer does and It colors ALL of their life with "death" and punishment of eternal suffering.In other words there is nothing worse anyone could "believe in" yet multiple millions(if not billions) believe this doctrine whole heartedly.That is at the heart of all the conflict amongst men(and the creator God) in this "world"/age.

I am not condemning anyone who believes in it.It is their nature to do so.However I do suggest to them how detrimental it is to them(and others that they cast their dispersions on) and that is what Yahoshua said also...."take heed therefore how you hear: for whoever has, to him shall be given; and whoever has not, from him shall be taken even that which he seems to have...which reflected proverbs.." Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life."

Blaspheming the spirit of the creator God is having contempt for life given by the creator God.There is no more deplorable act (or worse ..a state of being) that is contrary to ALL of "life"(the holy spirit).

edit on 8-4-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

applesthateatpeople
But to believe in nothing spiritual ever is unforgivable.

How completely and utterly absurd!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join