It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Fed Agents and Snipers in Nevada Battle with Local Rancher

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

TDawgRex

pookle

Isn't it easy to check who owns what land? Just have a show and tell of the land deeds no?

You'd think it's as easy as that, but no one has produced anything from what I see. Both sides give statements, but no one has produced any documentation to back their claim.

It's a game of he said, she said.

Here is the history:

Federal Land Ownership: Constitutional authority and the hisotry of acquisition, disposal and retention

If you read the document you will find a continual and progressive abuse. Mainly that Nevada was required to abdicate its rights over certain lands in order to gain Statehood. This is the root of the issue. Then, Congress continually eroded the underpinnings of the Constitution by continually changing the law to favor themselves until they completely stopped divesting "federal lands" completely. There has been no divestment since the 105th congress. Nevada and Reagan tried to divest these lands but ultimately failed.

And now, we are where we are today.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Bakatono

TDawgRex

pookle

Isn't it easy to check who owns what land? Just have a show and tell of the land deeds no?

You'd think it's as easy as that, but no one has produced anything from what I see. Both sides give statements, but no one has produced any documentation to back their claim.

It's a game of he said, she said.

Here is the history:

Federal Land Ownership: Constitutional authority and the hisotry of acquisition, disposal and retention

If you read the document you will find a continual and progressive abuse. Mainly that Nevada was required to abdicate its rights over certain lands in order to gain Statehood. This is the root of the issue. Then, Congress continually eroded the underpinnings of the Constitution by continually changing the law to favor themselves until they completely stopped divesting "federal lands" completely. There has been no divestment since the 105th congress. Nevada and Reagan tried to divest these lands but ultimately failed.

And now, we are where we are today.

Funny. All I see in that document is that every challenge to federal ownership of land was unsuccessful. This includes challenges by the state of Nevada and the county of Nye, as well as the Reagan era sagebush rebellion. [Much of the sagebrush rebellion took place in the Monitor Valley of Nevada, just east of the town of Tonopah.]

Where we are today is some nutcase refuses to recognize authority. Funny how most ranchers have no issue with paying grazing fees. And note that few of these ranchers could ever afford to buy the land they ranch. If you got rid of federal land ownership, they would be out of business.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

TDawgRex

gariac

You are wrong. It is federal land. The state recognizes it as federal land.

Go commit a crime in a federal park, and tell me if you go to the state pen or the federal pen.

Prove that it is Federal land. Where is the documentation stating such? A press release?

I want to see proof that the land is Federal, or proof that the land is Bundy's. A news interview?

Until then, people are getting their panties all in a wad over nothing.

I want to see documentation.
edit on 11-4-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

You won't find a deed for the land in the Clark County Assessor office. Why? Because the county has no jurisdiction of the land. But you can do a search for the Bundy family. Let's get the relevant names:
Cliven Bundy (cranky old man who has deluded himself that he owns this land)
Ammon Bundy (son)
Dave Bundy (son)

NOTAM for the event

Of all those named Bundy in Nevada, only two parcels are close to the area in question. Not exactly at the area in question, since we are talking deeded land in Clark County and not BLM property. These would be parcels
034-00-001-032 : ASSESSOR DESCRIPTION: ALL S2 NE4 SEC 14 14 69GEOID: ALL S2 NE4 SEC 14 14 69
034-00-001-034 : ASSESSOR DESCRIPTION: ALL N2 SE4 SEC 14 14 69GEOID: ALL N2 SE4 SEC 14 14 69

Now the address of the second one is 3315 GOLD BUTTE RD BUNKERVILLE. This is south of I-15 while the land in question is north of I-15. So even if this is the parcel in question (remember, it is not listed under the coot's name nor his wife), it is not where the grazing is occurring.

If you dig a bit further, the Bundy family has cattle on the disputed property that doesn't belong to them. Nice folks. Further their cattle are in such bad shape that the state of Utah has requested non of the Bundy cattle be held in Utah since they don't want any disease from the poorly cared for Bundy cattle.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by khnum

New info coming out that Reid had the tortoise's land boundary redone because of a chinese company wanting to put in a solar panel farm. Still waiting for a better source than info wars to verify it tho.....
This is interesting. The sources suck and the information is contradicting. There is another thread here (JonButtonIII) and here (grey580) that has more about this.

reply to post by rockflier

I believe that the area you refer to is much further south, on the NV CA border around Primm, NV. There are already 2 solar sites in that area.
Nice catch, I also noticed that.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

gariac
[
I did read it, thank you. I posted it as merely input, not a platform nor position I felt that the thread should have access to all points of view. If this is not proper I will refrain from posting further. I also included a not regarding euthanasia of less healthy animals

edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 09:50:30 -050020142014-04-12T09:50:30-05:00kfSaturday50America/ChicagoSat, 12 Apr 2014 09:50:30 -0500 by rockflier because: Added comment, deleted reply content

edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 09:51:25 -050020142014-04-12T09:51:25-05:00kfSaturday51America/ChicagoSat, 12 Apr 2014 09:51:25 -0500 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Funny dichotomy .

solar site killing birds

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Local radio news (Las Vegas) just reported that BLM is pulling out in the interest of safety for their personnel and civilians. They say the operation is over. Waiting for written confirmation

edit: they being BLM
edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 12:11:27 -050020142014-04-12T12:11:27-05:00kfSaturday11America/ChicagoSat, 12 Apr 2014 12:11:27 -0500 by rockflier because: Added clarification

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

rockflier
Local radio news (Las Vegas) just reported that BLM is pulling out in the interest of safety for their personnel and civilians. They say the operation is over. Waiting for written confirmation

edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 12:11:27 -050020142014-04-12T12:11:27-05:00kfSaturday11America/ChicagoSat, 12 Apr 2014 12:11:27 -0500 by rockflier because: Added clarification

Well, that wold be good... It looks like the BLM knew this was a lose-lose situation... Thankfully, no lives are lost and no blood is being spilled...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Another live feed link
www.infowars.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

jhn7537

rockflier

Well, that wold be good... It looks like the BLM knew this was a lose-lose situation... Thankfully, no lives are lost and no blood is being spilled...

I agree, thank God no Americans were killed. The BLM went about this whole operation like it was a military operation, they blew it. It is funny though that as soon as Dirty Harry Reid was mentioned because of his monetary gain (with the CHINESE) in the area the whole thing is being dropped. Lets see if he can bury his true intentions with this one, the coming days will be interesting. Who knows, maybe he is innocent, getting the truth will be difficult though.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Infowars is a bad source for news. Alex Jones attempted to incite violence by making up stories and lying. I am glad that no one has gotten hurt because of this. There has been enough information in this thread and two others proving Infowars made this story up, it's a HOAX!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Pulling out with the cattle, or just pulling out. That is a big difference. If they took the cattle , it is a victory for the BLM.

The next step should be to take these clowns to court over the fees. With luck, the BLM can bankrupt the Bundy clan and take their deeded land.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

According to this BLM Withdraws they left without all the cattle

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

freakjive
Government plans to euthanize hundreds of threatened desert tortoises it was supposed to protect

Michael Ellner and the "Truther girls" were right after all...

Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down... ~ Michael Ellner

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

rockflier
reply to post by gariac

According to this BLM Withdraws they left without all the cattle

After the announcement, several hundred of Bundy's supporters drove toward metal pens where government officials were holding some of the cattle that had been rounded up earlier in the week. When traffic backed up, many left their cars and walked toward the pen in a line. The group chanted "open that gate" and "free the people" while government officials shouted orders back through bullhorns. Marchers and men on horseback waved American and Nevada state flags.

They got some of the cattle. There is always time to get the rest. These whack jobs protestors, though probably not gainfully employed, can only last so long before going home. Wait until the desert is in triple digits.

But better to bankrupt the Bundy family so they don't have a place to stage their dangerous armed activities.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Murgatroid
reply to post by freakjive

freakjive
Government plans to euthanize hundreds of threatened desert tortoises it was supposed to protect

Michael Ellner and the "Truther girls" were right after all...

Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down... ~ Michael Ellner

But federal funds are running dry at the Las Vegas Valley facility, and rather than release the animals, officials plan to euthanize about half of the 1,400 tortoises. The 220-acre facility will shut its doors in 2014, and the tortoises deemed feeble to survive in the wild will be set free. Many of the tortoises at the center were formerly kept as pets and are unable to survive in the desert.

Of course this is unrelated to the armed event at Bunkerville. Maintaining a center for turtles is far far far different from protecting their habitat. Now some people call putting in unrelated topics spin. I prefer calling BS.

A pet turtle will outlive its owner. You need to put in a transfer of ownership in your will. It will even outlast your kids, so the grandkids need to be in the chain. Turtles are not really suitable for pets.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...=226

Very well said sir.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
New info about the ranch. As stated before Bundy owns the forage & water rights to the land. This is nothing more than Harry Reid paying back his donors with favors.

danaloeschradio.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Caver78
New info about the ranch. As stated before Bundy owns the forage & water rights to the land. This is nothing more than Harry Reid paying back his donors with favors.

danaloeschradio.com...

BLM has also tried to argue that the rules have changed, long after Bundy claims he secured rights and paid his dues to Clark County, Nevada.

Supporting documentation seems to be lacking in the article. However, I found Clive's claims. It doesn't look particularly good. The paperwork should have starting in 1905. He filed in 1997 and never renewed. He did manage to get a vested rights for that year at least. Numbers are V08974 through V08984 sequentially.

edit on 12-4-2014 by gariac because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Also Saturday, supporters of Bundy, some of them armed, forced a temporary shutdown of northbound lanes of Interstate 15 near his ranch, the Nevada Highway Patrol said.

CNN reports thugs block federal highway

The Bundy supports are quite a collection of D-bags. Blocking a federal highway is a serious crime.

Fox News reports that the BLM will be back to bring the Bundy crime syndicate to justice.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join