It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Fed Agents and Snipers in Nevada Battle with Local Rancher

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Another disheartening story that should come as a wake up call
for ALL Americans

"Armed federal agents deployed last week to northeast Clark County, Nev., for what can only be described as a major escalation in a decades-long standoff between a local cattle rancher and the U.S. government."

www.theblaze.com... -reached-breaking-point/

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

I have been following this as closely as I can! (Considering not a peep from the MSM) What is really disturbing is that they have set up a so called "Free Speech Zone" to corral anyone whom is showing up to defend this rancher! One person has been arrested for refusing to accept being put in this so called corral of free speech!

Could this be the next Waco?

The Police State will make damn sure they make an example of this man! However, I am hoping the resistance to the Feds will keep building up!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I was prepared to say that he must have stopped paying off the right people , but it seems that he just stopped paying any grazing fees.
Case closed imo .

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The government should not be in there with their snipers or any other weapons for that matter, but... This guy is a thief stealing from the tax payers. What gives him the right to use that land without paying his fair share he owes around 1.1 million from what the article says.

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

bluemooone2
I was prepared to say that he must have stopped paying off the right people , but it seems that he just stopped paying any grazing fees.
Case closed imo .

Keep drinking the Kool aid!

According to the Feds own words, they were preventing his cattle from grazing to save a desert turtle!!!! So how does paying the FEDS do anything to save the turtle they are defending?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

"...a major escalation in a decades-long standoff between a local cattle rancher and the U.S. government."

I bet I can guess how this is going to end.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
There is always more to the story than meets the eye.

Unless I am mistaken he has had access to 600,000 acres. Thats a lot of land.

Actually I am surprised because if you know anything about the BLM they side with cattle ranchers and round up the wild horses that are supposed to be protected.

I doubt there was really snipers. The whole free speech zones seems a bit out there though but who among you complained when they rounded up the wild horses and set "witness" sections so far away nothing could be seen?

They been rounding up wild horses for years against the wild horse act, can't stop them...they took some cows, big f'in deal.

+39 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

His family owned that land for centuries. The feds illegally and immorally rezoned it out from under him--ostensibly to protect a turtle, but more likely than not to sell it to some land developer willing to pay pennies on the dollar for it.

For too long we've been living under the thumb of tyranny, forced to suffer under the slogan "when the people rob the government, the people must suffer the price; when the government robs the people, the people must bend over and beg for more."

It's time to flip that around, and remind this parasitic government that it exists only to serve us--not itself.
edit on 8-4-2014 by JonButtonIII because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
From what I understand this is old family land that the feds basicly eminent domaine the land. All to protect a tortoise. Then told him if he wanted to keep allowing his cows on this (what was his) land he had to pay.

I dont blame him thats a load of governmental bull#!

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

tinner07
There is always more to the story than meets the eye.

Unless I am mistaken he has had access to 600,000 acres. Thats a lot of land.

Actually I am surprised because if you know anything about the BLM they side with cattle ranchers and round up the wild horses that are supposed to be protected.

I doubt there was really snipers. The whole free speech zones seems a bit out there though but who among you complained when they rounded up the wild horses and set "witness" sections so far away nothing could be seen?

They been rounding up wild horses for years against the wild horse act, can't stop them...they took some cows, big f'in deal.

I agree! I am sure there is more to it!

Why isn't the MSM covering it?

As I already covered from the Alternative media I am gathering my information from, the Feds are saying this rancher is "endangering" the life of a desert turtle. YET, they turn around and send out the gestapo because he is refusing to pay his "government sanctioned fees"! So which is it? Are you trying to save a turtle, OR just rob another American of their hard earned money?

I am using my opinions based solely upon the hypocrisy of the FEDS own words.......

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Agenda 21
It's starting !

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Free Speech Zone = Cone of Silence

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Give me range fed beef any day.

My money is on some Ol' codger with a 30-30 rifle that knows how to use it over a whole peck of federal troops.

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

I doubt there was really snipers.

Maybe there aren't any....

But FBI/HRT sniper Len Horiuchi was at Ruby Ridge, and he did shoot Vicki Weaver through the neck with a sniper rifle while she held a ten month old baby in her arms. She was not armed.

No reason to believe that there would be snipers.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

seeker1963

I have been following this as closely as I can! (Considering not a peep from the MSM) What is really disturbing is that they have set up a so called "Free Speech Zone" to corral anyone whom is showing up to defend this rancher!

free speech zone? shouldn't that zone be 'from sea to shining sea'?

this is why BADGES are REDCOATS... ALL OF THEM.

Not one single badge wearer NATIONWIDE has the Integrity or Honor to "put their life on the line" to uphold the OATH?

Pension/Paycheck mean more to them ALL. they are nothing but the BIGGEST ENEMY to the once Free Republic.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
We will know that the Feds are serious when they bring in tanks and flamethrowers...

a' la Waco.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Snakedoctorjw
From what I understand this is old family land that the feds basicly eminent domaine the land. All to protect a tortoise. Then told him if he wanted to keep allowing his cows on this (what was his) land he had to pay.

I dont blame him thats a load of governmental bull#!

so, the federal government is going to take the ranchers money
and hire a crew to feed them daily?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JonButtonIII

At one time maybe but not now, this is public grounds and he has been cheating the tax payers.

How much does he get from government subsidies? I bet he claims a AG exemption.

I don't care for our big government but If your going to use the government for your benifits then don't cry when they want theirs.

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

Cheating the taxpayers out of what, exactly? Do you have a vested interest in the grass his cattle ate?

You know that land isn't available for public use, right? The government just stole it out from under him then will likely decide to flip it for profit. In the world I live in, that's called theft.

Protip: I'd take a long hard look at your stance on this issue. Otherwise, when the government decides to attack YOUR property rights under Agenda21 and decides to "liberate" your home out from under you, there won't be anyone left around to stand up for you.
edit on 8-4-2014 by JonButtonIII because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

“That number, the $300,00, that was a number estimated through Sept. 11, 2011,” Bureau of Land Management spokeswoman Kirsten Cannon said in a phone call with reporters Monday. “Since then, the estimated amount owed by him – so including the $300,000 – totals $1.1 million.”

Hi all I just logged on and noticed this thread. Thanks for posting it op at this point I'm neutral because I haven't read the entire article. As I skimmed it the above quote caught my attention.

Why would Sept. 11th be a significant date? It just seems odd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join