It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Music on Soundcloud.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Hi All,

I'm doing the whole marketing thing.. lol

Thought you lot would appreciate my music....

NeoN HaZe - SoundCloud

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Thank you to whom ever flagged and star'd

peace,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Just having a quick listen to your first track. I hear some very familiar presets that I always use and love! Are you using Amplitube by any chance? Very nicely mixed by the way (listening on krk 8's and 10" krk woofer) perhaps the bass drum which is sitting pretty nicely in the mix, might be slightly more punchy by using a second track and a short low sine wave on the bass kicks. Your music sounds pretty similar to what record when I noodle about, and I think I hear some similar places to where I am going wrong. Variation. Since I'm doing mine all by myself like you, I find it's hard to keep working on a single song, not only that, but when building the track up there is some short comings such as copy/pasting drum tracks which tend to get repetitive. Like, there's no one there to bounce off at the time kind of thing... I hate doing drum tracks! Very nice guitar playing on the second track by the way which has just started. (drum loop repetitive again) but the rest of the track sounds wonderfully epic.

Third track, pretty nicely done, I prefer these drums, but they seem a little loopy again, rest of the track is nice. The bass though, were you using DI from your bass into your interface? I only ask because my bass sounds very similar and I just cant get mine to sound punching, there's always a slightly slow attack and wooly sound. I think I need to get a proper bass amp and then mic it, cause the DI's I think just don't work well enough for bass. Anyhoo, enough waffling from me, I'm quite enjoying your stuff. Making me think of bands like Mogwai, or Explosions in the Sky. I very much approve.

If you were from vic australia, I'd probably enjoy working with you! Best of luck and very nicely done stuff overall, I'm being super picky, but I can tell from the quality you've achieved that you understand how tricky it is to produce tracks this well and will understand I'm just adding some suggestions to help. I appreciate how much time you'e put in to doing this all on its own. (Mike Oldfield influences?) I've made it up to Save a Prayer 2nd and haven't heard a dud track yet, and I think you could target tv shows with most of those tracks as is. By the way, if your drum tracks were in midi, even just changing the hi-hat pattern for a few bars might be enough to break it up a bit.

S+F
well earned.

edit on 8-4-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Qumulys

Just having a quick listen to your first track. I hear some very familiar presets that I always use and love! Are you using Amplitube by any chance? Very nicely mixed by the way (listening on krk 8's and 10" krk woofer) perhaps the bass drum which is sitting pretty nicely in the mix, might be slightly more punchy by using a second track and a short low sine wave on the bass kicks. Your music sounds pretty similar to what record when I noodle about, and I think I hear some similar places to where I am going wrong. Variation.

Since I'm doing mine all by myself like you, I find it's hard to keep working on a single song, not only that, but when building the track up there is some short comings such as copy/pasting drum tracks which tend to get repetitive. Like, there's no one there to bounce off at the time kind of thing... I hate doing drum tracks! Very nice guitar playing on the second track by the way which has just started. (drum loop repetitive again) but the rest of the track sounds wonderfully epic.

Third track, pretty nicely done, I prefer these drums, but they seem a little loopy again, rest of the track is nice. The bass though, were you using DI from your bass into your interface? I only ask because my bass sounds very similar and I just cant get mine to sound punching, there's always a slightly slow attack and wooly sound. I think I need to get a proper bass amp and then mic it, cause the DI's I think just don't work well enough for bass. Anyhoo, enough waffling from me, I'm quite enjoying your stuff. Making me think of bands like Mogwai, or Explosions in the Sky. I very much approve.

If you were from vic australia, I'd probably enjoy working with you! Best of luck and very nicely done stuff overall, I'm being super picky, but I can tell from the quality you've achieved that you understand how tricky it is to produce tracks this well and will understand I'm just adding some suggestions to help. I appreciate how much time you'e put in to doing this all on its own. (Mike Oldfield influences?) I've made it up to Save a Prayer 2nd and haven't heard a dud track yet, and I think you could target tv shows with most of those tracks as is. By the way, if your drum tracks were in midi, even just changing the hi-hat pattern for a few bars might be enough to break it up a bit.

S+F
well earned.

Thank you for that detailed review.

To answer a few of those questions...

My set up is based around an 8 core pc. I have owned quite a bit of equipment in the past but it has been all made redundant in favor of visualization. It really is the norm to produce almost entirely out of the box these days.

The Software I use is Cubase 5, Reason 5, Guitar Rig 4, many different virtual instruments... some of the main ones I use are Spectrasonics Omnisphere, Trillian, Jupiter-8V by Arturia, KORG Legacy Collection, LuSH101. But I use quite a few others too.

I have used Amplitude in the past but find it very heavy on CPU resource requirements and quite noisy, I hate using heavy noise gates as it ruins the sustain and cuts off harmonics.

My speakers are a pair of Eltax monitors, and I use a pair of Sony headphones for reference.

My base drums take quite a bit of tweaking to get to sit right and usually take quite a lot of time working with the bass and bass drum tracks to ensure they don't interfere with each other... not always successfully lol

I am very much like you feel that what let's my music down is the drum variation. I am not a drummer and always find this part of the track the hardest to get right. You just can't beat a real drummer (lol pun intended).

I would love for a real drummer to work with on my tracks to really give the dynamic feel instead of the feeling of being tethered to earth by the repetitive nature of the rhythm. I think you can get away with it if you are doing a dance track but it does defiantly spoil a rock or post rock track.

I think your highlighting this issue has inspired me to give this aspect some more thought and work.

I'm kind of Happy that you thought the bass was a real bass, it isn't. The base sounds I use come out of Spectrasonics Trillian. It's simply the best emulation I have found with all the fret noises and buzz being automated so it really does sound like a real bass.

I am very much influenced by Mike Oldfield, so you are bang on there, though I was not trying to reproduce his style. It has been hard to categorize my music, I don't play to achieve or aspire to any particular genre, more I just play and the music evolves, what comes out is what comes out sort of thing.

The purpose of my soundcloud is to get the stats needed to approach for publishing deals or production houses. once I have enough plays / likes / followers currently at 108 followers, I will approach directly.

I am working on a further 3 tracks, which are at various states of completion, I will take on board your advice and once I've uploaded them I'll let you know, so you can give me your thoughts once more.

Thank you again for listening and your obvious experienced and good advice.

Peace,

Korg

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

hehe Lol Just forgot one of the most important parts of my equipment.... In fact I consider it an extension of my myself so I kind of forgot myself

My Guitar is a Custom built Jay Turser JT157. It has a real Floyd Rose Trem and two DiMarzio humbuckers. I was planning to put a sustainer in it too but ran out of money when I had it made.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Trillian did indeed get me then! I think I looked into it at one stage but it was well pricey for me.. Yeah, I develop my music the same way, lay down some sort of drum, which is kind of hard without knowing what the rest of the track is like, and then add in guitars, keyboards bass etc, and see what comes out. Yours is very well realized though, so don't give in. But I think artists like as.. hmm, from top of my head Jon Hopkins, is one who builds all his tracks on his own and they are so detailed that you know he's spent weeks on each track. It's an art which needs incredible stamina.

I thoughougly though enjoyed your stuff, peaceful, something you can listen to on a Sunday morning while painting a wall or having a coffee as some sun streams in.

BTW, if you come across an Alesis Ion, give me a pm because I've been kicking myself for not buying one a couple of years ago for $200. I also had to sell my Juno 106 to make room for my in-the-box new set up.
I so wish I had it back, the instant hands on warmth is tricky via pc. I've been enjoying Camel Audio's Alchemy lately, quite a lush synth if you ever get a chance to try one I think it's moving atmospheric textures would sit really nice in your works.

Anyhoo, Thumbs up for posting, and I'm cranky that so many will miss out on hearing your stuff... You should have called it "Music Light from Mars" or something! But it's they're loss. Getting music heard is a mammoth task, and I wish you luck

EDIT
Dammmmnnnnn, sounds like an incredible guitar! My baby is a Godin SD, but it is capped with Australian Lacewood, and it get sometimes cuddled a bit too much.... But my hands don't work so well these days, also I suck on guitar!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Do you think the tracks are in the right order?

Thank you once again,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Well, put it this way... I am pretty selective in the music I listen to, and probably don't give home produced tracks by unknowns much time. I try and take a listen to most stuff that's put up on ats, and most of that time I'll give them 30 seconds. If there's glaring problems with production, I'll move on to something else. If I can hear talent, but lousy production, I'll try and support them in investing in better gear etc. With your tracks, I was about to write something quick that it was good, but I found myself waffling on because I was enjoying it, and let it play away. There was just enough difference between tracks that kept me into it, but not so much that it was jarring. I got about halfway through, track 6 I think? I'll have a listen to the rest of it today. But as it stands, you know what your doing and are doing some great quality stuff. Just drum tracks is my only major gripe (drum tracks are a royal pita for me as well, I recently got myself a NI Maschine so I could do drumming better than on my keyboards... It's kind of helping.... But, it's one of those things that is probably why there are drummers in the world, useless for everything else, but drumming gives them a use ;-)

I get the feeling that a lot of the track is being improv-ed as you work? If so, your super talented and if you ever get a chance to see The Necks (they tour around the world) I highly recommend you give them your time. They are a three piece jazz, landscape-y, prog-ish... hmm hard band to describe, but they are wizards of their craft and improv for songs that will evolve slowly over 20-40 minutes per tracks. They will send you in a floaty trance and must be seen live because each performance is a one time only deal.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Qumulys

Well, put it this way... I am pretty selective in the music I listen to, and probably don't give home produced tracks by unknowns much time. I try and take a listen to most stuff that's put up on ats, and most of that time I'll give them 30 seconds. If there's glaring problems with production, I'll move on to something else. If I can hear talent, but lousy production, I'll try and support them in investing in better gear etc. With your tracks, I was about to write something quick that it was good, but I found myself waffling on because I was enjoying it, and let it play away. There was just enough difference between tracks that kept me into it, but not so much that it was jarring. I got about halfway through, track 6 I think? I'll have a listen to the rest of it today. But as it stands, you know what your doing and are doing some great quality stuff. Just drum tracks is my only major gripe (drum tracks are a royal pita for me as well, I recently got myself a NI Maschine so I could do drumming better than on my keyboards... It's kind of helping.... But, it's one of those things that is probably why there are drummers in the world, useless for everything else, but drumming gives them a use ;-)

I get the feeling that a lot of the track is being improv-ed as you work? If so, your super talented and if you ever get a chance to see The Necks (they tour around the world) I highly recommend you give them your time. They are a three piece jazz, landscape-y, prog-ish... hmm hard band to describe, but they are wizards of their craft and improv for songs that will evolve slowly over 20-40 minutes per tracks. They will send you in a floaty trance and must be seen live because each performance is a one time only deal.

I never really got feedback from my tracks, if you have a couple seconds maybe you can give me advices...
soundcloud.com... (I'd listen to the 2-3 most recent ones)

Thanks brother

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

Ya links buggered, also, would probably be nice to listen to the op's music first and give them some feedback since it really is about Korgs tracks here. But, if I get a chance I'll have a listen :-)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

I did listen to his music and his first comment was a reply to my S+F. I should've commented yesterday when I did listen but I was in a hurry so I starred instead...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Ahh, ok. Well, obviously I could have not known that, nor the op! Anyways, your link still does not work!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Qumulys

Ahh, ok. Well, obviously I could have not known that, nor the op! Anyways, your link still does not work!

No problem, the link seems to be ok for me...
Here's a link to an actual track instead of the profile
soundcloud.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

MrMaybeNot

Qumulys

No problem, the link seems to be ok for me...
Here's a link to an actual track instead of the profile
soundcloud.com...

Hiya,

Thank you for posting and your follow on soundcloud.

I have had a listen to your tracks and I'm no expert on this kind of music, so I probably wouldn't be the best person to review it. I've always been a rock kind of person so dance or party music never really appealed to me... there are some exceptions I think early chemical brothers and Prodigy are awesome and I must admit I have listened to Orbital quite a bit in the past too

I think the main issue I have with this kind of music is the non musical nature of it, it's more a collage of sound... I still appreciate as an art form just I think this kind of music is devoid of soul and appeals only to the emotion of excitement.

Having said that I always try and add an atmosphere of mystery into my tracks by using chord changes that go from the major scale to a manor scale or by using some level of suspense with either a cannon sequence or a pedal point, something you might want to try to add some dimension to your tracks.

You clearly have the skills to visualize what it is your want to achieve and that is really important so as you don't get lost when half way through the track... I have lost my way in track many many times and when the piece is played back it sounds disjointed. It looks like you don't suffer from that trait, which is good.

My best advice would be to try and invest some of your emotion into the tracks. There is a fine balance between making a track boring because the listener knows and is anticipating exactly what is coming next, and doing the unexpected. Get the balance right and you will engage the listener and compel them to listen further... get it wrong and you guarantee the listener won't listen to the whole track or will only listen to it once.

In the end I think all musicians should stick together as I don't think most people realize exactly what's involved in producing music at the required standard these days.

Peace,

Korg.

edit on 9-4-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Very talented, I really like the music. I can imagine it being in a video game.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: iNobody
Very talented, I really like the music. I can imagine it being in a video game.

Thank you.

I really wish I had more time to focus on my music, but being a prof father of 3, it's often hard to dedicate much time.

I am always working on ideas and get to lay them down, just don't seem to have much time to develop them fully.

But thanks for listening

Peace,

Korg,

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Listened to a few of your tracks, I would say that they have a calming effect.

This is from your Sound Cloud Page:

My philosophy has always been music should be written not manufactured.

It is a very interesting concept - what does distinguish sounds from music - there is an organic factor or even an "X factor" that determines the way that sound is perceived.

When music has its own "signature" you can "hear" the musician and it is interesting because when you "tune in" to the sound you are communicating with whatever emotions that the artist was trying to portray in his sounds. A master can choose exactly what he wants his listeners to feel when he composes his tracks. Doing this is difficult with software and if we were to explain how to do that, it might seem nonsensical or even "mysterious" because we are dealing with shaping the way that something is perceived as opposed to simply changing the quality of the sounds itself.

Posting just to plug your music is fine as long as it invites discussion, additionally I don't see why the topic of "Sound Cloud" can't include other ATS members with Sound Cloud pages...

So, here is one of my tracks from Sound Cloud, it is a virtual orchestra featuring a synthesized solo.

It's called "Star Rise".

soundcloud.com...
edit on 27-1-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Posting just to plug your music is fine as long as it invites discussion, additionally I don't see why the topic of "Sound Cloud" can't include other ATS members with Sound Cloud pages...

So, here is one of my tracks from Sound Cloud, it is a virtual orchestra featuring a synthesized solo.

It's called "Star Rise".

soundcloud.com...

Thank you, and I totally agree, I would love for other members that are composers to post here.

It's a shame I can't edit the Thread title.

Peace,

Korg.

new topics

top topics

join