It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution, where is the evidence???!!! I see none

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
all my life in school, in science class. "we came from apes" "The big bang" but yet, after all this drilling in of knowledge, I find a very much amount of evidence and facts, and find evolution lacking scientific facts, as well as common sense, and is 99.9% fairy tale and .1% facts. I couldprobably find more evidence for why Santa Claus has a secret laboratory in the north pole and thats where all the presents comes from on Christmas than of Evolution.

I have looked into Carbon 14 dating, and this is what the science books say is used to date dino's back millions of years. well, theoretically the carbon is gone out of the "thing" your dating every 50K years and is filled with new carbon, and Carbon 14 dating is only used for thousands of years, not meant fro millions. I read in science magaizne of how they took a shell from a snail still alive and carbon dated it and found the shell was 26K years old, even though it wasnt actually that old. a Mammoth was carbon dated and one half of its body was years older than its other half its body. Ive heard reports of dinosaur bones being carbon dated and coming out to be only 26K years old, when evolution states all dinos become extinct 65M years ago.

Another article in a scientifc magazine did samples on Volcanic rock just formed from the Hawaiian Islands a few hundred years ago and it came back millions of years old. obviously, Carbon 14 dating isnt entirely correct, and its not correct for millions of years old object, only thousands of years old.

But enough of Carbon dating, I see no evidence, very little at all. they say we came from monkeys, but that is scientifically impossible. No one can argue with that, DNA reconstruction wasnt nown untill the man in 1980's developed the DNA trace and won a Nobel Peace Prize for it. and just for a simple celled organsim its self to pop up from the "soup" that was eternal in the universe, the figures are so astronomically high. The chances of evolution happening all together is a number so high, if you could write a few billion zeros a second, it would take you a few million years to complete the number.

And if we evolved from an ape like type animal, why isnt it still evolving now? and the pairs needed for a DNA replication, (just a single cell in DNA, which we have BILLIONS of cells mad from DNA) in a medium advanced animal, is about 2 corect pairs in a 1 with 260 zero's folowing it. and thats not even the chances of DNA replication happening, but only the pairs of DNA in a medium sized animal in a single cell, which has billions of them. so a monkey is more advanced, but billions of cells and a genetic mutation needed in the monkey/ape whatever we evolved from the chances of that happening are out of this world. it would take a VERY long time for this to happen obviously. And just as we have different X and Y Chronosomes in our bodys than monkeys, if humans were to have a kid with an extra or short chronosome, the kid would be mental, or a defict in his body, he would be worse off than his parents, not better as evolution states in our evolving.

Just about everything evolution is scientifically impossible to happen, sinc in order for soemthing to be declared scientifically impossible the chances have to be 1 in a 1 with 40 zero's following it. DNA is just one aspect of why evolution doesnt make sense, but rather a fairy tale. evolution is not a science, but a theory and will never be proven right. in order to be a science, a theory has to be observed, and evolution was never observed, thus evolution can never be a science, and it lacks extreme facts of the matter.

If we evolved from our ape ancestors, ther should be literally thousands of fossils since the chances of anything evolving from an ape to human is so slim, millions and billions (and even more) of half ape/man fossils should be here, but yet all I see is a crushed head that is "reconstructed" to look like an ape/man, and when the DNA comes back not even proving it really is half ape/man, but rather in my oppinion a "big foot prank" and desperate drive toward proving evolution, when their is none. show me da proof, gentle men, this is a theory untill proven it makes sense, to me it dont make no sense at all, and ive just covered a few topics, there are many more, and evolution just doesnt add up, its a lot of faith to belive in that bologna, and Darwin himself said he made the whole thing up and repented on his death bed and became a christian. show me the evidence guys, I dont see any

EDITED: By the Society for the Advocation of Paragraph Employment

[edit on 26-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slicky1313
all my life in school, in science class. "we came from apes" "The big bang" but yet, after all this drilling in of knowledge, I find a very much amount of evidence and facts, and find evolution lacking scientific facts, as well as common sense, and is 99.9% fairy tale and .1% facts......

.....Darwin himself said he made the whole thing up and repented on his death bed and became a christian. show me the evidence guys, I dont see any

Evolution taught in school wasn't suppose to be taken seriously

EDITED: By the Society for Prevention of Excessive Quoting

[edit on 26-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Interesting, but where did you get your information. I've never heard that Darwin admitted to have made up the whole evolution thing. It sounds a little shady to me.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Proof? Have you ever taken a look at viruses? Viruses literally "evolve" right before our eyes. Did you think the flu shot you had to get every year was some kind of coincidence? And while every day science is making breakthroughs that support the theory of evolution, I see little in the way of support for the stories of the bible.

I mean, put evolution next to Jonah and the big fish....well, I'm going to say that evolution is just a tiny bit more credible.

TPL

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Take it or leave it, the evidence for evolution is plentiful.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You should read into science theory.

Evolution is not a fact, but a theory. But it is the best theory we have right now because other findings in different fields of science can all be brought into this theory. And Science theory says that a theory is better the more independent theories back it up.

Creationism on the other hand is the other theory that we have. But it is not as good because it does not explain everything we encounter.
Also it implies that there is some sort of god or creator. But there are no empiric facts that show us that there is a creator of some sort.
Science can not explain everything.

Of course Evolution can at any time be tossed around or we have to change it so it fits everything we see in reality(happens all the time)
What scientists actually do all day is trying to prove that our current theory of evolution is false.
They are not getting paid for trying to back it up.

Did you know that everything we know about gravity is also just a theory? We can work with it until someone comes up with something better. Same with Evolution.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

evolution, where is the evidence???!!! I see none

God, where is the evidence???!!! I see none

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I believe what Darwin did was renounce his theory on his deathbed because it was being taken out of context as it is today and he felt it better to denounce it then allow it to be his work in the state it had become.

Personally I have no real problem with evolution. I am a firm Christian and will be to the day I die, and I don't see a conflict. Kind of simplistic but just think of natural laws as a recipe of sorts. They were created by God to create a certain outcome. Whether it happened in 6 seconds or 6 billion years what difference does it make to the Almighty who is immortal?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jukyu
I believe what Darwin did was renounce his theory on his deathbed

That one's a Christian urban legend. The Christian website, "Answers in Genesis" has a nice writeup of why this is a legend:
www.answersingenesis.org...

Slicky, for the current BEST archive on evolution (questions and answers) check out www.talkorigins.org

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Interesting thanks for the link. It doesn't completely invalidate the Darwin /deathbed recanting thing though, so who knows. Whether it does or not it has no bearing on my argument at least as I see no problem with evolution. I was just trying to correct the original statement about Darwin so thank you for furthering that effort.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If your stuck trying to find an example of evolution try training yourself a seeing eye wolf...

Your conception that man evolved from apes is a misonomer, by definition all creature are equally evolved as we have all been evolving for the same duration, modern day apes are just as evolved as man, they evolved from more primitive apes, in the same way that humans evolved from our genetic ancestors. No amount of time will make modern ape species evolve into men, they would evolve into their own more sophisticated species.

It seems to me your arguement is based on the 'strawman' principal, where you define what evolution means to you and then tear it down.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
WebMonkey- this is to you. you said where did I get this information, well a numerous amount of sources, including hard core aithest sites of how Darwin took back his theory of evolution. and of course he made it up... now, he may have been trying to base it on facts of what should have happened, but you dont think he started from base one and said "well, ill be darned, this DNA sample says we all came from a single celled organism" he had to guess where we came from, so he guess a singled celled organism, and eventually thru time things got better and better till humans. u dont think he just guess what happened when some big explosion in the matter or soup happened, flying everywhere. there really isnt evidence on that, or how gravity and planets alligning came into existence, its just all what people though, and they had to have made it up from their imagination. and one of u other dudes mentioned a flu shot and evolution. I dont get it yo, dont think u no what yer talking about there. all a flu shot is the virus u dont want being injected into your body so the body knows what its up against, it doesnt go into a big mutation like changing its chronosomes in reproduction or DNA reconstrucytion. bad example in my oppinion on evolution. and this theory of evolution is scientifically impossible, takes a lot of mind power to imagine soemthig like this, and it appears to be a fairy tale. and just cause Darwin took it back doesnt mean its not true still, I just thought id add that in their. Just like Newton could say he made the laws up, it still doesnt mean their not there, but Darwin also founded the basis of how the universe was made, so im betting a lot of stuff on evolution isnt true anyway, and it doesnt answer enough questions about how the world was made and what causes

TPL

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You what really irritates me?

Its when people say 'if we involved from apes then why are apes still around?'

Then you have go to explain that we only evolved from a certain species of ape etc. yet some still don't get it, which i can't understand at all. Its hardly rocket science.

TPL

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

WebMonkey- this is to you. you said where did I get this information, well a numerous amount of sources, including hard core aithest sites of how Darwin took back his theory of evolution. and of course he made it up... now, he may have been trying to base it on facts of what should have happened, but you dont think he started from base one and said "well, ill be darned, this DNA sample says we all came from a single celled organism" he had to guess where we came from, so he guess a singled celled organism, and eventually thru time things got better and better till humans. u dont think he just guess what happened when some big explosion in the matter or soup happened, flying everywhere. there really isnt evidence on that, or how gravity and planets alligning came into existence, its just all what people though, and they had to have made it up from their imagination. and one of u other dudes mentioned a flu shot and evolution. I dont get it yo, dont think u no what yer talking about there. all a flu shot is the virus u dont want being injected into your body so the body knows what its up against, it doesnt go into a big mutation like changing its chronosomes in reproduction or DNA reconstrucytion. bad example in my oppinion on evolution. and this theory of evolution is scientifically impossible, takes a lot of mind power to imagine soemthig like this, and it appears to be a fairy tale. and just cause Darwin took it back doesnt mean its not true still, I just thought id add that in their. Just like Newton could say he made the laws up, it still doesnt mean their not there, but Darwin also founded the basis of how the universe was made, so im betting a lot of stuff on evolution isnt true anyway, and it doesnt answer enough questions about how the world was made and what causes

I think the guy who mentioned the flu shot was getting at the fact that the flu virus is forever changing/evolving into new types of flu virus. It does this through chance because mutations of it DNA will occur. These mutations may not affect the virus at all, some will disadvantage the virus but occasionally a mutation will allow the virus to overcome the antibodies in the body that have been enhanced with a shot. The flu shot has to be changed every year to take into thse new types of flu virus.

By the way did you know that everybodies DNA has at least 1 error or mutation in it?

[edit on 26-11-2004 by TPL]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
In reality, all the evidence points towards evolution. That's why it remains the leading theory. The argument between biologists is not if evolution occurs, but how.

First, it's important to stress that neither Darwin, nor his successors, claimed that the species homo sapien evolved from an ape. Rather, the theory indicates that homo sapien and all other primates evolved from a common ancestor that is now extinct. In other words, humans evolved separately from the non-human primates.

Nevertheless, there is close kinship. From a strictly genetic viewpoint, the chimpanzee is more closely related to we humans than he is to the gorilla. The DNA of the chimp shares more qualities with us than the other great ape, indicating that his evolutionary ancestors were very close kindred of our own.

Furthermore, Darwinians stress natural selection and mutation. Mutations occur completely spontaneously and randomly. If these mutations better equip a creature to survive in his environment, he is more likely to be able to reproduce and pass his genes to subsequent generations, whereas if such mutations restrict him, he is less able to pass his genes on. The sociologist Herbert Spencer called this "survival of the fittest".

Also, all this has little, if anything, to do with theology. I also believe in God; so did Darwin. There is absolutely nothing contradictory about a belief in God and the acceptance of science. The scientific world, in studying nature, has discovered natural laws, which leads us to conclude that God has instituted scientific laws in His universe. God could just as easily have created biological living organisms through the process of evolution, as with any other method...and, according to the evidence currently held, it appears He has done exactly that.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
well, not really I dont think. but mutation or error, whatever it is, its a very vauge sense and still doesnt explain how it could lead to a different species. and the "or" u put in their... just like I could say "everyone is God, or they are human" when in reality there would only be one God, hence basically the first statment isnt even correct, but as long as the second one is with an OR it makes the whole thing correct. but weather those things are true, doesnt really matter, and it depends on what an "error" is. we dont full understand the brain or human body, and what may look like an "error" may not be an "error" or "mutation" at all. and yeah, it is annoying when people asks why their are apes around if they evolved, because theoretically IF apes evolved (which I doubt they did) they wouldnt ALL have evolved at the exact same time, it would have been one ape, then another, at different times. so the real question should be, why arent they in their half ape/man stages now if they did evolve??!

TPL

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Religion and Evolution can work together, after all couldn't God have set evolution in motion.

TPL

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

well, not really I dont think. but mutation or error, whatever it is, its a very vauge sense and still doesnt explain how it could lead to a different species. and the "or" u put in their... just like I could say "everyone is God, or they are human" when in reality there would only be one God, hence basically the first statment isnt even correct, but as long as the second one is with an OR it makes the whole thing correct. but weather those things are true, doesnt really matter, and it depends on what an "error" is. we dont full understand the brain or human body, and what may look like an "error" may not be an "error" or "mutation" at all. and yeah, it is annoying when people asks why their are apes around if they evolved, because theoretically IF apes evolved (which I doubt they did) they wouldnt ALL have evolved at the exact same time, it would have been one ape, then another, at different times. so the real question should be, why arent they in their half ape/man stages now if they did evolve??!

Evolution is like a family tree different traits go through different blood lines. Each has family member has similar features of his ancestors but slightly different. And as you know all these developments in the features happen in the same time for all branches of the tree.

Evolution is the same but with entire species instead of family members.

There were different species of man at one point, Neanderthals for example, but they died off.

I think that your under the impression that evolution is linear and working to a goal of perfection, it is not.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The person that replied right before me about how all the evidence points toward evolution. ill have to disagree, id say the evidence points toward the world being created. now, if its created as in God spoke and there it was is how I belive, or others, if God spoke and let earth slowly evolve, that still means that God had to have set in fourth the notion to evolving, and it couldnt have of occured by complete accident, but rather God. I still dont see any evidence of billions of fossils of ape/human mix out there folks, which theoretically it would have took more than trillions of half ape guys to have lived before the full man would have come out, and I still dont see that, instead I see a workd of art in the universe that was created, not by pure chance. and evolution is accepted so people dont have to suck up to da facts that they can never be their own God, because their will always be someone higher than them. when we walk into an empty grave thats been vacant for centurys and find a pot and pan, we dont think "my, it evolved from the scrap metal in the junk pile from the fire in just a thousand years" but rather it was placed there by people who were there thousands of years ago. And people, I covered Carbon 14 dating and why it is incorrect after 50K years, and soemtimes incorrect on days old stuff (weather the carbon was polluted or what, who knows) so how do we really no the world is billions of years old, where the proof of that? evolution is made up to fit our needs on what are beliefs are, it will always be proven wrong in some form of fashion since no one really knows what happened.

TPL

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You seem to think that because there aren't many fossils of our evolutionary ancestors that they didn't exist. Did you know that many of the dinosaur species that we know of, usually have only 1 fossil skeleton as evidence of their existence?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join