It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 paradisiacal destinations you never see behind the scenery on postal cards

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hi there.

Just watched some beautiful pictures that I believe bring an excellent comparison between two realities and also made me think out of the box so I thought why not share with the awesome ATS community?

15 paradisiacal destinations you never see behind the scenery

Most of them really grasped my attention, but I'd like to share and comment on a particular one.

Central Park

Can't stop but observe mankind seem to have seriously sequester Mother Nature. It's a powerful example of just how we treat nature nowadays and how it could develop in the next few decades.
edit on 6-4-2014 by St0rD because: typo

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Very thought provoking. S&F

It is all in the camera angle with a view towards deception. Soon, Mother Nature and the worlds wonders may well be available only via the Web, a concept of history.

Sad really, and no one wants to take the ever increasing worlds population as a major problem .... except .... China.

P

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

You need to seriously look at the history of Central Park. When colonial settlers arived this whole area that is now Central Park was swamp land that was totally uninhabitable. Due to improvements made in the 1800s the swamps was drained and the whole area was redeveloped to accommodate New York City's first Aqueduct and reservoir.

The green space was never intentional it was just a product of mans lack of engineering. Had man had the engineering at the time Central Park would not exist.

edit on 6-4-2014 by JBRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Love stuff like this Thanks

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
That just sucked all the joy out of those destinations!!
(jmo)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Have you ever been to central park? It's a beautiful oasis in the middle of the city. It's also Hugh. Not some little postage stamp green space. I think it's great that amidst all the concrete there is this green spot. There is wildlife that lives there. There is an entire eco system. Isn't mother nature preserved this way better than no place at all? We are not running out if natural spots. Get up in a plane and its quite evident how much open space is still available in this country.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Those are great. I can't get over how big those cities are, or the crowd at the Mona Lisa. You never really see those perspectives in photos.
I had no idea the pyramids were so close to the city until several years ago. My brother was stationed in Egypt for a bit and had some funny stories about riding camels and donkeys out to them

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
Have you ever been to central park? It's a beautiful oasis in the middle of the city. It's also Hugh. Not some little postage stamp green space. I think it's great that amidst all the concrete there is this green spot. There is wildlife that lives there. There is an entire eco system. Isn't mother nature preserved this way better than no place at all? We are not running out if natural spots. Get up in a plane and its quite evident how much open space is still available in this country.

Well I'm not saying we are running out of natural spots. Simply that this picture represented very well the reality that's going on with this planet and the fact his inhabitants have lost complete respect towards it. When you respect and love something, you do not confine it - you let her free.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Paradise is a state of mind. Even though I live in the Rocky Mts in a beautiful valley that some would say is paradise; I can still feel blessed in down town LA.

Interesting photos though!!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Wow, the one that jumped out for me was the Pyramids at Giza.

It's easy to think they are just the huge, giant structures out there in the middle of the desert then you see that pic and reality sets in.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Gorgeous pics, thanks for sharing!

China's forbidden city stands out, it seems out of place and time surrounded by tall buildings and smog.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I never really thought of these as "paradise" though, pretty, but not paradise.

The one that disappointed me the most was the Taj Mahal. It seems it must be a bit like going to the St. Louis Gateway arch and realizing that you don't dare make a wrong turn or wind up in a very dangerous neighborhood. So sad.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think realtors invented this type of photography...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Eye opening stuff! So often you find this out first hand and it's a disappointing experience. Pre-warned is pre-armed

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Ha Long Bay(recently named one of the world's ancient wonders). But honestly, our entire country is beautiful, it is literally a Tourist's Dream.

Also, I've prososed a solution to the world's problems. It's not on the 1st page anymore, so I'll repost it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
With the exception of the major US city pictures, the US seems empty compared to those other places in the world.

top topics

join