It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want that ringtone? You might get Skulls instead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Cell phones increasingly attractive to hackers
'Smart phones' are especially vulnerable to attacks

www.msnbc.msn.com...

"The nightmare scenario with cell phones is a virus that would delete the contents of your phone, or start calling [a toll number] on its own from the phone or recording every single one of your conversations and sending the recorded conversation somewhere," said Mikko Hypponen, director of anti-virus research at F-Secure Corp., a Finnish security firm."

Hackers and their methods have always been something I have read about, since it is interesting to me the methods they employ, but now it seems that even cell phones are fair game...Whats next? Changing onfo on digital tags? (There is already a website where you can print your own bar code with the price you want)

[edit on 26-11-2004 by NetStorm]

LL1

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thank you for the information NetStorm, it's important to know.
Recording private conversation is such an intrusion.
What would really be bad, is if the cell phones were directed to
dial costly '900' numbers.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Those damn hackers, don't they have a life?

I say we ship them off to moon.

Surf

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
In my opinion the govt. should use their advanced spie and tracking tech. and round up the hackers all over the world and then kill half and put the other half in prison for 30yrs, and tell any one who wants to hack comp, cellphones etc. that every other one caught will be executed, while the rest get prison time, I dont think thered be as many hackers after that, oh and if you think I sound merciless, well I am, get ove it.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
There's a lot more to worry about with mobile phones than that. I don't know about the US but there's been a lot of debate about the effects of mobile phone radiation affecting the brain, contributing to everything from Alzheimer�s to brain damage in the UK on the back of many surveys professing its harmful affects.. The sighting of masts near schools or heavily populated areas is often vigorously opposed due the many studies proving the increased susceptibility of children to the radiation given out by the masts. As a result, and as it is with anything involving money and public health there's as many studies proving the negative as there is the positive. Either way it�s a sure sign that something is amiss (E.G corporate sponsored environmental surveys on the state of the planet...... Everything�s fine, don't worry about it, independent surveys saying the opposite.)

top topics

join