It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone killings case thrown out in US

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

VoidHawk
and yet all your borders are wide open!!!

Do you mean in a physical sense? Are we supposed to build a wall up along however many miles of border and coastline we have?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

cosmikDebris

VoidHawk

Do you mean in a physical sense? Are we supposed to build a wall up along however many miles of border and coastline we have?
You could patrol them with drones! Then the people of america could continue to live like free people.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

cosmikDebris

If the OP could directly do anything to bring justice to the families of those wrongly killed in drone strikes, he/she would, I'm sure.

Thanks,

I honestly believe, that free an open discourse among citizens is absolutely vital to the freedoms and liberties of those citizens.

It is why the 1st, is the first.

Nothing is more important than being able to freely and openly discuss your concerns and thoughts when it directly relates to your Government.

By posting this thread, by engaging the people that attack, frankly to me is doing a large part of that duty.

IF we are not free to debate and discuss, what do we have left.

ETA:

This should happen around dinner tables, in schools, water coolers, pulpit,

Where ever your voice is heard, it is your duty to voice what you view as wrong.
edit on 5-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Well I surely hope you are on the forefront of the 'paper' one, you are well versed and passionate.

As for me, well call me if it doesn't work!

AB

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Thoughts>words>action

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

AnteBellum
reply to post by benrl

Well I surely hope you are on the forefront of the 'paper' one, you are well versed and passionate.

As for me, well call me if it doesn't work!

AB

Thats kinda my fear.

That the whole plan is for people to give up on the "paper" one first.

Opportunist would take advantage of the alternative, history has proven that.

Just the Apathy toward voting has been milked to its fullest, just imagine what open revolt gets.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

VoidHawk

cosmikDebris

VoidHawk

You could patrol them with drones! Then the people of america could continue to live like free people.

Our government and military has, in recent history, proven to US citizens that they aren't capable using those kind of technological capabilities strictly for good, and for the protection of the people. It wouldn't be potential illegal aliens shooting down those drones.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

That's kinda my fear also. . . . . . . . .

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

VoidHawk

American-philosopher
reply to post by VoidHawk

And when would that "later time" be?
Every day people are losing more and more of their freedom to be able to do something, so what use is that knowledge when you have no freedom left?

I dont know when the "later time will be". I don't know if any of us truly know. It probably has to begin with a creshendo of defiance and disgust with our goverment where everyboyd is out on the streets not justs elect groups and organiztions and unions everybody.
edit on 7-4-2014 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I dont know if any of us truly know wehn the time will be to do something. It will probably have to start witha creshendo of defiance and disgust with our government. and it has to be everybody out in the streets not just selcet groups or organizations it has to every body joining together.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

But if the system is broken who can you expect to try and change things for the good?

As far as I see the US republic is broken, congress does not represent the people, the presedent has littke regard for congress, the judges all seem brought and paid for along with the two partys and all seem to use yoyr consitution as toliet paper.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

But your 2 party system means it is rigged.

I cant see how you do have a choice or any alternative.

Your stuck voteing between a douche and a turd.

You need to break that.

And resent example seem to show that if 3rd partys seem to become a threat legislation gets thrown at them.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by benrl

But if the system is broken who can you expect to try and change things for the good?

As far as I see the US republic is broken, congress does not represent the people, the presedent has littke regard for congress, the judges all seem brought and paid for along with the two partys and all seem to use yoyr consitution as toliet paper.

That certainly would be the appearance the media gives wouldn't it?

But heres the thing, go by any voting turn out the US ever sees, and theres one problem.

The systems not broken, the people refuse to use it.

They take voting turn out in the 20%-30% range, see what the system is, and Scream "Nothing works"

Its like putting a tv dinner in the microwave and forgetting to hit start.

WE the PEOPLE have to engage the system for it to work, and their has been a successful campaign to destroy any faith in the "system".

Its purposeful, and its working.

Lets see, I only put 20%-30% of effort into anything, and its a failure.

Its common sense, and its been robbed from the US populace by the Education system and Media.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Ok you get 100% voter turn out.

That doesn't solve the main issue.

You two party system.

As long as that there the system is broken.

How can you ever hope to effect change if the only choice you have is Republican or Democrat? The two corrupt useless party s that are different sides of the same coin.

Be it 5%, 20% or 100% voter outcome I can predict the out come of next election. A corrupt useless president will get that will continue the last mistakes of Obama and Bush and corrupt self severing scum will get into congress that only represent the co operations that brought and paid for them and not the people that voted for them.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by benrl

Ok you get 100% voter turn out.

That doesn't solve the main issue.

You two party system.

As long as that there the system is broken.

The reason such a small number vote, IS due to the disconnect that comes from thinking there is no point.

It is an idea that is sold constantly to the American people.

There are other parties on the ballot, All it would take was enough people waking up to the sham that is the 2 party, and deciding to vote.

HELL all it would take is an additional 20 percent than already votes,

Really, what no one wants to hear, is that the American people can't even be bothered TO engage their goverment.

20 percent more of the populace to 30 percent, currently decides that the 2 party system is ok.

Thats it, because of such a low turn out.

YET NO ONE votes, and Every one hates the government.

Its retarded, but we are told it wont matter constantly.

Think about that one fact, some one is putting out that thought for a reason.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Judge had the chance to do the right thing, for there is no war declared against Yemen. And blew it big time! Now she is a murderer with them.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
US judge says “democracy is broken” as court declines to oversee drone killing

Friday, June 20, 2017:

An experienced judge has today described American democracy as “broken” and Congressional oversight as a “joke” in their failure to check the US drone killing program.

In a concurring opinion in the DC Court of Appeals case Jaber v. Trump, Judge Janice Rogers Brown appears troubled that the law prevents her court from acting as a check on potential executive war crimes. Calling drone strikes an “outsized power”, she questioned who would be left apart from the judiciary to keep them in check.

The case was brought by Faisal bin ali Jaber, a Yemeni engineer whose innocent family members were mistakenly killed by a US drone in 2012. It sought an apology and a declaration that the strike was unlawful.

The court decided unanimously that it could not rule on the matter, citing precedent preventing the judicial branch from adjudicating ‘political questions’. However, the concerns expressed by Judge Brown, a G.W. Bush appointee, suggests the case raises more questions than it answers.

And when it comes to Yemen, drone killings are far from being the only issue :

2.2mn Yemeni children close to famine, and a 70 percent increase in those killed in past year

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join