It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn... no Macca's in Crimea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
McDonald's quits Crimea as fears of trade clash grow, politician urges fast food chain to shut all Russian outlets

McDonald's Corporation has closed its restaurants in Crimea, prompting fears of a backlash as a prominent Moscow politician calls for all of the US fast food chain's outlets in Russia to be shut.

Crimea's annexation by Russia, which Ukraine and the West do not acknowledge, has worried companies with assets in the Black Sea peninsula as it is unclear how the change may affect their business.

hmm this seems a bit extreme..most McDonald Restaurants are privately franchised...

No McFlurry's are available in Crimea anymore.

Nevertheless, its move to temporarily close restaurants in Simferopol, Sevastopol and Yalta is likely to be seen as emblematic of the rift in Western-Russian relations, now at their lowest point since the end of the Cold War.

This can't be legitimate. This seems way too dramatic to be real...but then I did just read on BTS a 9 month old child was released out of bail
... crazy world we live in.

Is this starting to feel way to unbelievable to be real? I am starting to feel like it is just a weird dream... somebody wake me up.. puhlease!!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Extremely shocking news

How, i wonder really how they are going to survive?

Probably they could have a Quick (best fries and burgers ever :up
, oh, no, wait, they are from Belgium so... no

Very depressing news

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is a bad thing ?

Their arteries will thank them for it

edit on 5-4-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mactaties

I posted it because it is crazy.

This World is going from the sublime to the ridiculous lately.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I knew that

Sorry for the one liner

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Apparently French fries will now be called Freedom fries.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

I really am starting to doubt the mainstream news. This too extreme to be factual.
Do they expect us to believe this is true?

check the image out:

This is the image they have used with the news article... sheesh looks like a really bad war zone to me.

[/sarcasm]

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
oh this story was posted on abc.net.au at "Updated Sat 5 Apr 2014, 11:11am AEDT"

isn't is weird that whilst the War is going on... People are still going to work! Even going in to pack stuff up. LOL

???

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
That's all it takes to get rid of the bad food? Well then....Oh.. nvm.

This sounds like one of the better things to happen for the Crimea out of this whole thing, really.

("Supersize Me" left a real impression..what can I say? Anything that can look good months after cooking is...not right)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

WHAT ?!?!?

no quarter punder with cheese no pickles

Now its personal

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Haha only Americans could see that as a bad thing, anyway you can't say the world is going crazy because you didn't do anything to stop it hahah! Seriously Americans, stop doing nothing. It's all youve done since 9/11, nothing.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
just a business decision.
and considering the size and success of McDonald's it is probably a good decision.

on the other hand; I don't believe citizens of Crimea will complain or riot because of it.

and they will probably re - open when they decide it is a smart thing to do to make some more money.

business as usual.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Actually this is just the first part of the fallout we are seeing with Crimea and Russia. Due to the sanctions some banks are refusing to allow financing / loans for projects. I would guess that any business that is considered a US business is going to have some issues for some time to come.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It just too bad for their medical industry only.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

. . . politician urges fast food chain to shut all Russian outlets . . .
This means WAR!!
I hope people realize this.
They are going about it in a less than obvious way, where it isn't an act of Congress, but it will be seen as virtually so once things like the Federal Reserve applies their influence on the financial side.
But, have no doubt, the Powers That Be are waging war against anyone who resists the Western Banking System taking control of all resources, including the gas that is transported overland in the Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

There's only 3 McDonalds in Crimea (something left out by media reporting this 'story') so it's quite likely a single franchise owner owns them all. Or if not, whatever .. it's 3 stores.

top topics

join