It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American politics=stupid in stereo

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
**There will be no outside news sources for this thread... solely my own opinion**

As a card carrying Republican I balked at writing this for quite some time... the simple truth is, there really is no "left" or "right" anymore. If you stand in the middle of the two, you effectively have "stupid in stereo".

TPTB have done an excellent job at keeping us divided. The truth is, when it comes right down to it, we all want the same thing; Conservative and Progressive alike: to live, prosper, and be happy. Am I wrong?

Here is another truth that I have learned: regardless of party affiliation, when the feces hit the wind generator, we will all be in it together. Pretty simple.

So why do we make it so easy for them to keep us divided? Why do we rail for, and against our politicians when we all know the sordid truth? The truth being that they all lie and they are all self-serving bastards?. There isn't a single politician in D.C. that isn't "in it" for themselves... and we all know that... yet we quibble and bicker like two year olds fighting over a Crayon when it comes to partisan politics...

Progressives will bitch at Conservatives, and vice versa, until the proverbial cows come home. By the time the grinder is done with said cows; We The People are left with the offal... (that would be lips and sphincters).

We are ALL being lied to. THAT is the truth.

For instance, why do we even use the expression "African American" anymore? Seems pretty antiquated to me. Shouldn't we just call those folks "Americans" and be done with it?

Why does the media insist that women "vote with their ovaries"? Are we dumb enough to believe that their brains don't work, and ovaries are the next best thing?

The thing is... "African-American" and "vote with your ovaries" should be immensely offensive to the stereotyped. You have been labled... like specimens... and we are nothing but labels and demographics to them. We are the media brain-washed, government molded masses... and we are stupid to them. They sell, we buy. They profit, we suffer. We are but statistical variances in a whirlpool of half-truths and flat out lies. HE WHO MAY VOTE... like that matters either.

The way they look at us is simple. We are dollars in their pockets. Period. (D)olla(R)s. Olla us between the thieves...

It's time that we remember that we are all ultimately neighbors in this country, regardless of what the MSM or government may say. We are all Americans here. Rich/poor/black/white/redneck/yuppie, whatever... doesn't matter.

It's time we start taking things back...

Maybe we try to start doing that here on ATS... less politics and more reality

Wishful thinking, I know...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Preach on brotha...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Its amazing how many just don't get it and STILL vote/support the idiocy!
Probably the same that still rely on MSM for the 'truth'

S&F for you...haven't heard the term stupid in stereo for years!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I threw away my Republican affilliation before I ever had a chance to vote. I was blessed enough to realize early on, that no one's vote counts. That's just crap they teach you is school to instill the illusion of power into our minds.

Our votes dont count, they never did. The Constitution is being ignored because it never had any authority in the first place. The "People" lost control of this nation when we allowed the Federalists to illegally replace the Articles of Confederation with the Constitution.

Hell, if it weren't for the Anti-Federalist, we wouldn't even have the Bill of Rights.

I don't care anymore, the nation deserves what's coming to it. We turned our back on God, so this is what we get. The Mystery of Iniquity has infiltrated our land, and is consuming it.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

You are very wrong about progressives and conservatives wanting the same things in life.

Think I am nut's? Look how progressive people raise there children compared to conservative minded people if this does not show you the truth nothing will.

I do like your idea in principle OP but you are wrong.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

SubTruth

You are very wrong about progressives and conservatives wanting the same things in life.

Think I am nut's? Look how progressive people raise there children compared to conservative minded people if this does not show you the truth nothing will.

Through hard work or being entitled, we both want our children taken care of... it is just that simple...
edit on 5-4-2014 by madmac5150 because: Al Gore wants to eat your CHILDREN for Easter!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I often wonder what would happen if by some miracle, all Americans just decided to unanimously stop voting.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

It comes down to ideals and no they are not the same. People raising there kids to worship Hitler and the Nazi ideals also wanted the best for there children.

I could give you more examples but I see you really want to find common ground.....I used to feel the same way. Now I see it for what it really is a sickness of the mind that is called the progressive mindset. Just look at all the problems facing the youth of today much of it has to do with progressive minded parents.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

I often wonder what would happen if by some miracle, all Americans just decided to unanimously stop voting.

Are votes have not mattered for a long time now.........Carter=Reagan=Bush=Clinton=Bush Jr.=Obama=the next progressive.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

SubTruth

It comes down to ideals and no they are not the same. People raising there kids to worship Hitler and the Nazi ideals also wanted the best for there children.

I could give you more examples but I see you really want to find common ground.....I used to feel the same way. Now I see it for what it really is a sickness of the mind that is called the progressive mindset. Just look at all the problems facing the youth of today much of it has to do with progressive minded parents.

Godwin's Law on page 1? Already??

Dear Lord...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

the citizen response, which = stupid in THX surround.

"if you dont like things, then vote"

i swear if i hear or see that lame as lame can be response again, i might lose it.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Truth is subjective no doubt but facts are not. Yes everyone want basically the same things but the devil is in the details. Just look at how many people followed truly bad leadership in the past these leaders gained power because the population wanted what was best for there children and themselves.

This is a fact.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

SubTruth

That is the silliest thing...

I am progressive and liberal as the day is long, for three years I took care of my grandmother, mother and father who were all either injured or terminally ill at the same time.I had to change all their diapers, feed them, transports them, juggle them and deal with weeks of abuse without rest.

You'd be damn lucky to have a son like me in your corner.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

SubTruth

BELIEVERpriest

Are votes have not mattered for a long time now.........Carter=Reagan=Bush=Clinton=Bush Jr.=Obama=the next progressive.

This is true, but the votes of the decieved act as a cover for the despotism in our Govt. If everyone stopped voting, the Govt would'nt be able to use the "it's the will of the people" excuse. Im sure they would cook up some lame "polling" system, but it wouldnt stick.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Expected an expose on the right-left paradigm yet lost it at "card carrying Republican".

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

edit on 5-4-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by spurgeonatorsrevenge

People for the most part are good on both sides. But if you buy into the progressive mindset it is the path to failure. If you are not a progressive by the time you are 20 you have no heart if you are not a conservative by the time you are 30 you have not brains.

Many people believe they are progressive but truly are not. If you truly believe in it study the early progressive movement in the US and see what leaders bought into it's teachings. Hitler was a progressive and in his own words took inspiration from it.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

madmac5150

SubTruth

Through hard work or being entitled, we both want our children taken care of... it is just that simple...
edit on 5-4-2014 by madmac5150 because: Al Gore wants to eat your CHILDREN for Easter!

I really don't understand why you reckon liberals want to instill entitlement in their children. Most reasonable people recognize that is a good way to cripple a person for life... My parents taught me hard work, but none of us are or ever were conservative.

Anyways I like your thread, although I am prejudiced just like all of us. I don't believe in big government, but I don't believe in privatizing democracy either. I think corporations as they stand now are more dangerous than the government because we cannot fire or elect corporations and I genuinely think big government is akin to pro corporate policies, they go hand in hand.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Throw away partisan politics!! There is no (D) or (R)! You truly don't get it!

Serenity now!!!

Let go of what the media has instructed you to believe...
edit on 5-4-2014 by madmac5150 because: Puppies and kittens!!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

madmac5150
Throw away partisan politics!! There is no (D) or (R)! You truly don't get it!

Serenity now!!!

**that was the best I could come up with**

I agree TPTB have no side but the people at the bottom do. This is how they can play both sides for fools. Like I said in principle you are right but in the real world you are very,very wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join