It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Right Cannot be Abused or used to Subvert ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I am having a hard time understanding the viewpoint of people who want to take away gun rights from 350 million people, because a few crazies kill people with guns every once in a while.

Using this logic, shouldn't we outlaw cars because a few bad drivers and unforeseen accidents kill thousands of people every year ?

Perhaps we should outlaw the freedom to assemble, because the KKK and Black Panthers assemble and they are hate groups ?

Should we not be allowed the right to privacy because a few people may be plotting against the government ?

Religious people don't approve of homosexuality, perhaps it's time to outlaw those hateful bigots ?

Homosexuals try to silence anyone who doesn't approve of them, is it time to outlaw homos ?

Rich people can afford great lawyers and bribe judges, should we outlaw the right to a trial by jury ?

Terrorists are hiding behind every mailbox, perhaps it's time to undo posse cumitatus ?

Several people have escaped prosecution by skipping bail, perhaps it's time to stop allowing people to be bonded ?

Think about where we're headed folks.....honestly, what's next
Bonus points for people who can point to those things that have already happened

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Taobender

People need to read the bill of rights.

All of those amendments.

Especially this one:

www.archives.gov...

Amendment IX The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Construe= interpret www.thefreedictionary.com...

Deny:= contradict www.thefreedictionary.com...

Disparage ; to reduce www.thefreedictionary.com...

The powers listed in the Constitution of certain rights SHALL NOT be INTERPRETED TO DENY or DISPARAGE other right retained by the people.

All gun control laws are a violation of the US constitution, and the bill of rights.

They are epic violations of American civil liberties.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
what is actually classed as an arms?... for me its something a person or a small group can carry into battle so for me a modern usage would allow small nukes/vials of chemical or biological and lord knows what and do you fancy your neighbour with vials of smallpox etc or turning your neighbourhood into ashes for the 4th july?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

neo96

All gun control laws are a violation of the US constitution, and the bill of rights.

They are epic violations of American civil liberties.

Hear, hear.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, but most people think that the 9th and 10th are all so outmoded and unnecessary. It's dangerous when they don't actually teach Civics Class anymore.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Taobender

We have the "right" to:

Defy and /or die.

Pay taxes and /or take it up our collective ....

Passive agresive impulse towards authority, or a sublime animal instinct to put our head down and our end up when faced with authority. That's the most any "rights" may be wanted by free people anyway.

"Rights" are just nice names to things people have when they are free already. You don't need validation by anyone to have "rights". You have what you defend and fight for and no more. There is no actual guarentee beyond the people themselves. We only ever have our own guarantee.

edit on 4 4 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Maxatoria
what is actually classed as an arms?... for me its something a person or a small group can carry into battle so for me a modern usage would allow small nukes/vials of chemical or biological and lord knows what and do you fancy your neighbour with vials of smallpox etc or turning your neighbourhood into ashes for the 4th july?

At least we'd be the ones blowing each other up instead of our own government doing it to us. It's gonna happen one way or the other. Might as well have a little autonomy in the matter.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
In order to drive a car you have to go through intensive training and testing, is this the case with guns?

I should make it clear that do believe that people have the right to own a gun, if they can provide evidence they will use the gun safely.

top topics

join