It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? Mysterious floating light caught on camera in Cumbest Bluff

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

If you look closely, you can even see the sides of the deer's eye sockets, which you would not be able to see if the deer was facing away from the camera.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
CNN now has a video of this too!

CNN-Could This Mysterious Light be a UFO?l

It is the same video, nothing new, but now it is on CNN...lol

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
someone should reach out to the couple, and ask them if they'd like our 'crack team' of researchers to go over the video/pictures

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Well, I did put up a link to this thread on the news site that broke the story.

I have the feeling though that this story will just fade away with no follow up...
Meaning they will leave it hanging.
*eyeballs mainstream media*
edit on 6-4-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Darkblade71
reply to post by HomerinNC

Well, I did put up a link to this thread on the news site that broke the story.

I have the feeling though that this story will just fade away with no follow up...
Meaning they will leave it hanging.
*eyeballs mainstream media*

Well, why not contact the couple DIRECTLY?
They give the couple's name and town/county/state they live in, maybe their number is listed, if not, contact their sheriff's office.
Maybe we have a member of ATS in their area that can arrange to meet them publicly
We can put MUFON to shame with the members we have and out investigating/analyzing abilities

edit on 4/6/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Acousticsasylum

My link above is their contact info

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well someone else on ATS can contact them if they wish...lol

I am not very good at these kinds of things.

But it is a cool idea.
If someone wanted to, maybe they could get the actual photos from the camera.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Comparing the night and day pics, the night one is taken from lower down, tilting up.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

speculativeoptimist
reply to post by Mianeye

I can't tell for sure but I think that deer is looking towards the trees and not the camera?

These lights look too high to be a vehicle me thinks.

Unless there is a road/hill behind that treeline?
edit on 4-4-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

If you look at the two pictures you will see that the picture taken in daytime seems like it was taken a few feet to the right of where the original night time picture was taken. You can tell that just by the two trees that are found in both pictures.

That means that the angle is off because they were not in the right spot to get the proper daytime angle. There very well could of been a road in that area that they are trying to cover up or hide. Im just judging by the pictures as for some reason the link just brings up a blank page for me :S

None the less those two pictures are not from the same angle therefore we are not seeing the true picture.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This story seems to be going viral. I just saw it on my facebook
and on CNN, Fox, yahoo...
etc etc etc

Crazy what some eyeball reflections will do

Guess the public is ready to believe,
now if something would really show up.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

It's the reflection of the deer and her eyes:

How do you explain the rest of the video? Like the light shinning across the grass for example. And do deer have wings because that deer would have to be a few feet off the ground and the head that you have outlined is very big and would put it very close to the camera.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Staroth
reply to post by _BoneZ_

It's the reflection of the deer and her eyes:

How do you explain the rest of the video? Like the light shinning across the grass for example. And do deer have wings because that deer would have to be a few feet off the ground and the head that you have outlined is very big and would put it very close to the camera.

All of this has already been explained, just read the entire thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I have always thought that this many eye witnesses (including myself) that claimed to have seen a UFO is bizarre, and even if ONE of these people is telling the truth then UFOs exist.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
To add to my last post, I understand people can say the same for religion, the difference is that this can be looked at with more factual information, and if there is this many people who believe in religion I don't see how they can deny UFO's. People don't understand that you don't have to believe in aliens to believe in UFOs, for all we know UFOs were created by humans or from a past being that is no extinct on earth from millions of years ago hidden in underground earth, lol I know i sound like I belong in a mental institution now but I hope you get my point here in that there are endless possibilities on this subject

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lamphead444

I have seen a UFO myself, so I know they exist.

Just not in the case of this set of pictures.

IMO.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

well it looks as if the camera manufacturer agrees with the slews on ats.

"It helps when you look at thousands of these things," said Boyd Barnett, who handles marketing and advertising at Alabama-based Moultrie Products. He and others at Moultrie say the lights seen in the picture are actually the reflections of the deer's eyes, bouncing around inside the infrared camera.
Caught in the Headlights? Experts Explain Deer-Cam UFO

and in the second post of mine where i said the light is from another camera. the man even says that he put both cameras up. but says nothing about it when interviewed for the news broadcast. the guy is trying to pull some Sh@@. other wise he would have said something about the second camara.

Rainer Shattles, who placed both those cameras on his wooded property in Jackson County, Miss., told NBC News he's not fully convinced. He pointed to other pictures that appear to show a shape like a flying saucer up in the trees. A skeptic might try to explain away such effects as lens flare, but Shattles insists there's something strange going on.

i guess he doesn't want to let his 15min of fame die.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

They could just refuse to believe no matter what anyone says or shows them.

I have seen that in plenty of places.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Looks to me like a Deer from the Northern red muntjac (Muntiacus vaginalis; considered to be a subspecies of M. muntjak) subset. The Indian muntjac (Muntiacus muntjak), also called the red muntjac,[2] common muntjac or barking deer, is the most numerous muntjac deer species. It has soft, short, brownish or greyish hair, sometimes with creamy markings. This species is omnivorous, feeding on grass,fruits, shoots, seeds, birds' eggs as well as small animals. It sometimes displays even scavenging behavior, feeding on carrion. It gives calls similar to barking, usually upon sensing a predator (hence the common name for all muntjacs of barking deer).

The male Indian muntjac has small, unbranched antlers which grow to about 15 centimeters (5.9 in) in length. The antlers grow annually from a bony stalk on the top of the head. Males are extremely territorial and—despite their diminutive size—can be quite fierce. They will fight each other for territory using their antlers or their (more dangerous) tusk-like upper canine teeth, and can even defend themselves against certain predators such as dogs?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Around Mississippi they are know as white tail deer. There are hunting clubs all over Mississippi and they lease most any land possible for their members.
Private land owners usually either lease to them or allow friends and family to hunt.

Seeing all the ruts on the ground from vehicles, the deer stand...not to mention the ones you don't see in the trees I still stand by the notion that people were riding through that area spotlighting.

Considering they use 4x4 off road vehicles with lift kits the lights shining down on the deer is not uncommon. Often someone standing in the bed of a truck has a spot light. Having seen and actually going on a few of these night missions in my younger days this does not look strange at all.
I would really like to see some solid evidence of UFO, having seen one myself. Just hard to call this actual evidence.

Call it spotlighting, mud riding, muddin or just a bunch or rednecks out doing what rednecks do... that what this looks like, remember rednecks usually travel in packs. They light up the woods in the strangest of ways.
If they know the camera is there they probably avoided it on purpose, often people out riding the woods spotlighting are not with their wife or girlfriend but they do have female companions along for the ride. Other reasons: if they have weapons at night or do not have permission from the land owners.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join