It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? Mysterious floating light caught on camera in Cumbest Bluff

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

smurfy
Why'd they show a camera attached to a tree? it's clearly on the inside of a window

Actually what you're seeing in the image I posted above is the video being displayed on their TV with a glossy screen, then recorded by a camera. So, yes, there's reflections on the TV.

Yes, you are right.
What was pissing me off was the colours in the stills most of all, my video cameras are black and white on night vision and I was trying to figure out why the blues, then another posters pics in the browns, so I was away looking things up, a mile away from this thread really. What I think is happening here then is that a filter makes the reflection more precise than it would with unfiltered infrared.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for taking a look, using your art and photo skills, some logic and creative thinking!

From what people have posted,
I agree, it is a reflection of the deers eyes, a poacher on a 4 wheeler, and possibly a building light in back of the trees.

Great job!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
yeah floating reflection of deer eyes from unknown light source at impossible heights...

I am not so quick to jump on that explanation

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Where the hell is the whole video???

The following from the Daily Mail shows - what we'll call the "Space Blanket" - flying away:

Larger:

The following is a screenshot taken from the 3 min video in 1080p:

Are you ready to ride the Space Blanket?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
what ever it is the deer are use to it, or can't hear, see, or smell it. notice how the deer in the background just go on minding their own business, eating the grass or the corn that was thrown out for them. the only one that's freezes or looks is the one directly in the shot.

deer are one of the easiest animals to spook, and none of the grazing deer would have hung around if the light didn't start the freeze reaction in them. they sure as hell wouldn't just keep on grazing.
edit on 5-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Spacespider
yeah floating reflection of deer eyes from unknown light source at impossible heights...

Reflections don't float. They are part of the camera lens. Therefore, no impossible heights are involved.

There is no unknown light source. Only a known light source in the form of infrared light that is being emitted from LED bulbs situated around the camera lens.

It's clearly a reflection because the deer's ears can also be seen in the reflection as I pointed out on the previous page:

The deer's eyes and ears line up perfectly with its reflection as well.

And another image of a deer's eyes reflecting in the camera lens by Mianeye on the first page:

Of course, anyone is free to believe these "lights" are an alien craft, or a ghostly ghoul floating around. The case is closed as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

_BoneZ_
It's the reflection of the deer and her eyes:

You can clearly see the deer's ears, although the reflection is inverted, it's still a reflection. No "UFO" here.

edit on 4-4-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: sp

except the deer is looking at the lights, not at the camera - ergo no reflection from eyes.
edit on 5/4/14 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

_BoneZ_
The case is closed as far as I'm concerned.

Hi there BoneZ,

I totally agree and further to say well done to the guys who debunked this in only THREE pages. A first for ATS so very well done guys

Cheers

Spiro

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

RoScoLaz
except the deer is looking at the lights, not at the camera - ergo no reflection from eyes.

I don't know if you've ever seen an infrared camera, but most of them have the infrared LED lights situated around or next to the camera lens. When looking at the camera, you're also looking into the infrared light source. Or vice versa.

Furthermore, the deer wouldn't be looking into the lights directly because most animals cannot see infrared light, just as humans can't.

And to top it off, other images of reflections of deer's eyes have been posted. You can also see the ears and outline of the head of the deer in the reflection as well. It can't be anything else.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I believe the poster is referring to the deer's head being turned away from the camera altogether, looking at the 'lights' in the photo.
I believe that the deer has its head facing the camera however.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by newhumanoid

I would like to see the entire video myself.

I saw on a news source about something flying away, but it was a grainy picture like what you show, and not the actual video.
I still believe it all to be reflections off of the lens, but I certainly would love to see the entire video uncut. At least the half an hour/hour where this all took place.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Ah, I see what you mean. And I do as well, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing what we're seeing.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i've been thinking about the screen that intrptr posted.

i'm thinking that these folks have more than one camera and that is where these lights are coming from.
two reasons.

first is the shot that i mentioned.

knowing that infrared camara pick up infrared light, and that they flash, but a video camera the light would be continuously on.
also i'm not sure but do they fade on or instant on, when they pick up movement with in a certain distance.

the reason i say more than one camara, is they have a deer feeder,

i know some people use more than one to catch the animals from different angles. he also has a stand on that field.

i'm wondering if the there were cameras on the stand and feeders. and that's where the lights come from.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
do they fade on or instant on

LED bulbs are instant-on. They can be made to fade on or off with additional components and programming. But there's no need for that with infrared bulbs since most animals and humans can't see the light anyway.

Good point, though. It does appear that another camera got triggered over yonder.

edit on 5-4-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

speculativeoptimist
reply to post by Mianeye

I can't tell for sure but I think that deer is looking towards the trees and not the camera?

These lights look too high to be a vehicle me thinks.

Unless there is a road/hill behind that treeline?
edit on 4-4-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the two views.
But to everyone else. The 2 images are not remotely the same.
I swear it looks like a vehicle, coming up a road that has a long Dip. Giving the appearance that it is higher than the road or ground seen before us with the deer.......
And my sentence runs on and on and on.....

Edit: I see the second tree now...I debunk myself!

edit on 5-4-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I am from Texas, and I am used to game cameras. The camera's will start taking photos when they detect movement. Now, from the looks of the interview video, these people seem to be pretty country, and pretty honest. Most hunters are not stupid, if that was a four wheeler, he would not have sent that video to the local news, he would have sent it to the police to catch whoever is trespassing on this property (that is what I would do). Second, the deer is looking at the object in the air, not looking at the camera. Yes, some of the in fared light from the game camera is in fact lighting up the deer eyes, but, it does not emit light like the one coming from that object. Also, it does not appear that there is a hill behind that thick treelike. If so, those lights would have to be hundreds of yards away, and I do not know of any four wheeler with lights that could spotlight a deer from that kind of yardage. I find this very interesting...
edit on 5-4-2014 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2014 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Emerys
Second, the deer is looking at the object in the air

I'm not sure how you can tell which way the deer is facing, but since it does appear to be a reflection, then the deer is facing the camera.

How do you explain the reflection of the entire head including the ears?

The entire head, ears, eyes, matches up perfectly. We can debate this until we're blue in the face, but that image speaks for itself.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Having lived in Mississippi for the past 27 years, 20 miles from a small town I agree with _BoneZ_.Deer here will stare at any light source. On cold nights they seldom run, this has been a very cold winter and still unseasonably cool for the area. Knowing loud vehicles do not see to bother deer at night, the lights could be someone in a four wheel drive with someone with a spotlight and possibly several vehicles. Having seen people spotlighting in fields for years I am used to the strange lights in the woods. It is against the law to have a weapon at night but spotlighting is something very bored people like to do on private property while they consume their beer. The land owners may be unaware that someone made a pass through that field that night, with the glare of deer eyes and newer headlights being as bright as they are causing camera lens flares it is pretty safe to say this is misidentification.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

_BoneZ_
reply to post by butcherguy

Ah, I see what you mean. And I do as well, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing what we're seeing.

I agree with you for the same reason.
In addition, I believe that the deer is looking towards the camera because it is quartering towards the camera. If it were looking away from the camera, its head and neck would be at an awkward angle... possible, but not common in my experience in observing deer.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
it seems pretty obvious to me that the source of the bright light is coming from the direction of the camera.
if the source of the light was coming from in front of the camera we would only be able to see a dark silhouette of the deer,but we can plainly see that the part of the deer that is facing the camera is brightly lite,which means the the light source is coming from the camera or from behind the camera.

Here`s a trail cam with a flash.

Here`s a picture of a bird flying in front of a trail cam with a flash.

notice how the bird is whited out from the flash reflecting back into the camera?
That looks the same as this deer picture.

edit on 5-4-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join