It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? Mysterious floating light caught on camera in Cumbest Bluff

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I didn't see this anywhere on ATS, so I thought I should post it.

JACKSON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -

They were caught on camera the night of February 16. Mysterious lights that appeared in the sky over the 150 acres that Rainer and Edith Shattles call home in the Cumbest Bluff area of Jackson County. Were they a phenomenon that's simple to explain, or something else?

The Shattles never tire of looking at the strange images caught by their trail cameras on that clear winter night.

"We have unusual things happen around here that happen, but it's usually associated with our grandchildren. But this case, we didn't know what it was," Edith recalled. "I was looking for a nice buck to be showing up on the trail camera actually."

UFO? Mysterious floating light caught on camera in Cumbest Bluff

The video on the website is from a local news channel in Mississippi, so I cannot imbed it, however, check it out, it is very strange.

UFO or Drone?

The guy thinks it was a drone, but...well...watch the video.

edit on 4-4-2014 by Darkblade71 because: Edited to give proper title and link

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Didn't open on mine.

Can you find another picture or site?

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Won't open on mine either. Says no link

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Fixed!

I had to jump to the actual news site.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Looks like a four wheeler to me.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Oouthere

To high up for a 4 wheeler, and it flies away.

Unless 4 wheelers now have wings...lol

link   
I'm just gonna be a jerk and say its a semi truck...... beep beep...

link   
Interesting and my first thought was poachers in a large 4 wheel drive, but they got the impression the thing flew off. I could not dicers that in the vid though. I wonder if the light emanating on the deer is from the lights on the ufo reflecting off the infra red sensors and creating reflective light?

The last deer pic definitely has a light source hitting it. I guess they would have noticed any vehicle tracks around to eliminate that possibility. The deer did not seem to spook for whatever it was.

Taking a 2nd look the lights look to be too high up for vehicle, I wish there were some size/scale reference estimates.
Intriguing indeed Darkblade71

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Darkblade71

To high up for a 4 wheeler, and it flies away.

Unless 4 wheelers now have wings...lol

I agree Darkblade. The lights appear to float a good height above the ground. Plus, in the vid, they interview the property owner on site, it's flat ground there. If it were a 4-wheeler, the tires would have to be huge monster tires.

And, I think if a 4-wheeler were to be coming up on the deer in the dark, the sound and lights would have sent them running fast.

Here is a pic from your link on the story.

Des

edit on 4-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Looks like the eyes of the deer reflect back at the camera.

Here is another pic taken with infrared of a deer reflecting light, no reflection on the camera though...

Actually i just found this one, same type of reflection from the eyes of the deer.

edit on 4-4-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Well whatever it is, if anyone figures it out, they should contact the people, because they are wondering themselves.

Maybe people on ATS can figure it out with some enhancing of the video or something!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Looking at the side, this could be a roughly mirrored image and the lights are the deer'e eyes, maybe the camera enclosure produced a strange effect from an unknown light source.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. Too bad we don't have access to the real time video. Being the news just used snippets, not able to see it 'flying', can only go on hearsay with that clip. Does seem legit, and a fun mystery to me too. One would have to wonder if it was a drone, what in the world was it doing? Have poachers become so high tech nowadays?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you for the photo Des!

The owner goes out to the spot with the reporter to show them, and seems like something wheeled is out of the question, that and a deer would run if a noisy thing came out of the woods...well maybe..

I've seen some pretty dumb deer.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Hmm. I'm not really sure what to think about this one. At first, I was ready to dismiss it as a reflection of the eye shine from the deer, but there is one pic that shows the lights in the background without any deer present, and there's also the one that looks like there's a giant spotlight shining on the ground, so I don't have a clear answer. Very interesting! The blurry mist-looking stuff is a bit mysterious, as well. I enjoyed this video. I watched it twice.

ETA: After looking again, there actually is a deer in that one pic... I completely missed it, even after watching the video twice. So, I think the lights are the reflection of the eyes. Not sure about the misty glow or the spotlight looking thing though. Reflection from deer eyes wouldn't explain that.
edit on 4/4/2014 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

I can't tell for sure but I think that deer is looking towards the trees and not the camera?

These lights look too high to be a vehicle me thinks.

Unless there is a road/hill behind that treeline?
edit on 4-4-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

It could be a number of things....
all of which I have no clue on as I am no expert in cameras.

A mystery!

Love those!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Mianeye
Looks like the eyes of the deer reflect back at the camera.

Thats all

That's what I thought at first too, because I have a game cam and I've seen this happen. But the lights show up in one pic where there are no deer to reflect the light. I was ready to dismiss this one before I even watched the video, but then I saw the pic with the lights and no deer. Not sure what it is. Could be something completely mundane, but it's a nice mystery.

Edit: Ok, I went back and looked and there IS a deer in the pic! It's just harder to see! So I think you're correct!
edit on 4/4/2014 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Maybe poachers in a tree with spotlights?

Could be lots of things, and that is one I could see happening.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have edited my post above with another example.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join