It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Is About Obama's Terror-Suspect Kill List, Say the Film's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

There are currently no plans to screen Captain America: The Winter Soldier at the White House, as far as the film's directors have heard. But if it makes it to the White House family theater, President Obama would be watching one big-budget, action-packed, and Scarlett Johansson-starring critique of his controversial terror-suspect "kill list."

www.motherjones.com...

This is new to me. It really is.

I watched the movie couple a days ago, and Obama's 'kill list' didn't even enter in to my mind.

Guess I should be ashamed.

Because I missed a good opportunity there!.

Ya know sometimes movies are just movies. The only thing Hollywood, and WAshington DC have in common is they both have 'good' script writers.

So if you haven't seen the movie.

Go watch it.

And see if the directors of it 'succeeded' in their 'message'.
edit on 4-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
No. It isn't.

I dont give two (l) what Mother Jones says...

Ed Brubaker resurrected one of the comic characters that was supposed to stay dead in Bucky Barnes, Captain America's sidekick.
He won an Eisner award for his work.

Butt out Neo.

Unless you actually read the comic.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Saw this a couple days ago myself. First thing that came to mind was the targeted kill lists based on big data gathering and future crime. Of course this was done by the Nazis in the movie.

Is Obama a Nazi or can a Marxist do the same thing?

Anyway I thought the movie was fairly good.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I have to agree with mother jones....not so much the kill list and Obama....but I found it an obvious attack on the NSA and the survelance state.....and the whole we need to attack first mentality.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by neo96

Saw this a couple days ago myself. First thing that came to mind was the targeted kill lists based on big data gathering and future crime. Of course this was done by the Nazis in the movie.

Is Obama a Nazi or can a Marxist do the same thing?

Anyway I thought the movie was fairly good.

Likewise.

I have seen worse, but I didn't think it was 'awesome' either.

Is Obama a Nazi ?

Well the Nazi's did 'infiltrate' the unions like Hydra inflitrated Shield.

People are free to make their own calls here.

edit on 4-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

the owlbear
No. It isn't.

Ed Brubaker resurrected one of the comic characters that was supposed to stay dead in Bucky Barnes, Captain America's sidekick.

Butt out Neo.

The Directors actually said that. They tried to be as timely with topics that concern people these days as possible.

But obviously you didn't read the article. Instead you just had to try to push buttons.

And if you such a ardent fan of the Marvel Universe(s) you would realize that they change things around all the time.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

TDawgRex

the owlbear
No. It isn't.

Butt out Neo.

The Directors actually said that. They tried to be as timely with topics that concern people these days as possible.

But obviously you didn't read the article. Instead you just had to try to push buttons.

And if you such a ardent fan of the Marvel Universe(s) you would realize that they change things around all the time.

I agree completely. These stories and characters get retold, tweaked and resurrected in every sense of the word all of the time to make them contemporarily relevant. If those involved in the storyline of the movie say that is what they were trying to say, then that is what they were trying to say...

Chill out owlbear.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Is Obama a Nazi or can a Marxist do the same thing?"

Easy enough question to answer...has he generally supported the furtherance of corporate interests through government interference or has he supported outright government ownership of corporations...

ETA: They will both do the same thing...
edit on 4-4-2014 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Rexman,

Captain America volume 3 issues 1-25 were some of the best writing, illustrating, and just...HELL, I paid a hundred bucks for a hardcover edition because it was so poignant.

They retcon things all the time in comics. But underlying all of this, is the fact that it is fiction.
Seems like the Marvel U might be leaning toward a "Civil War" type event. And if you read the inspiration behind that epic it all comes down to the rhetoric "You're either with us, or against us".

Dont know if you know how that one turned out but it's worth a read.

Oh, and sorry neo. I'm a bit defensive when it comes to bru's Cap run.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

I agree!

Avengers 2= ultron

Avengers 3= thanos

Avengers 4= civil war!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Can't wait to see this one.
Second.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

very good movie, it kept me wondering if there was someone else running the seemingly hundreds different governments connected thru puppet strings called one world government.

i know it's just a movie but it's inspiring right?

peace
edit on 4-4-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by the owlbear

I agree!

Avengers 2= ultron

Avengers 3= thanos

Avengers 4= civil war!!!

why you have to bring the 4th up

now i desperately want x-men 4 - old man logan

peace

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
heavens, it's just a movie!

will see it next week.

so is obama leaking his kill list to his hollywood friends?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If you don't see the underlying information in the movies these days, you obviously aren't seeing them with a clear mind.

Captain America: TWS is clearly is knock at the kill list as well as the entire policy of surveillance and pre-crime that has become a reality in modern day America.

Possible comic spoilers below:

The comics do the same thing and there already was a "Civil War" so to speak in the Marvel Universe. It resulted in the death of Captain America which had a whole lot more symbolism than many people put to it.
edit on 5-4-2014 by TheNewRevolution because: spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If you pay close attention there is something about it in there.
when they have the 3 ships they say we can now take out every one who's against us or our way of life
they say they can take out people whom are of a different political group or organisation.
they could take out people who will potentially form militia's in the future to take action against the New World Order
the movie portrays them to be.

they use a satellite system and phones , internet and other devices and technology against the people of the world to find and track them .. they talk about the things the NSA does now and in the movie they say they will use it to kill 20 million people to let them to take power and be the global new world order.

that is the first thing which came to mind when watching the movie on premier day here in the Netherland past week.

new topics

top topics

join