It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Video Pevents Kids From Joining Gangs *Guaranteed*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This rapper, Immortal Technique, uses his alure to young impoverished kids who think it's cool to join gangs informing them of the horrible truth of the horrors and abuses they would face as gang members. His vocabulary inspires young rappers to become educated themselves. His melodies recall familiar rappers in the past while putting a new spin on rhythm. His rhyme builds on inner warped feelings of joining stretching them until shattering them with his final lines.
Warning this contains mature content not advisable for children under the age of gang membership.

edit on 442014 by ChefSlug because: US Code Stature 11.23.1:27 Warning Label Must Be Affixed

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This must be a very private video because he uses the N word and I don't recall the uproar surrounding it or him being kicked off the record label.

And this is supposed to scare kids yet is not suitable for kids.....

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ChefSlug

First let me say I don't like most Rap songs.
This one on the other hand has a great message.

Second, I do not see how this will prevent kids from joining gangs, many kids feel they are immortal and untouchable, because of the way we as a society treat them.

Star and Flag nonetheless. Good find now make it go viral.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

yet is not suitable for kids

Wasn't suitable for me either!!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
His music is raw like a deer that just got shot a second ago. Great messages. ATS should do an interview with him.

I saw him perform this song live. And no it's not suitable for kids imo

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If your tactic on communicating kids is to invoke fear, you have lost before you even start.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
"speaking" isn't the only way immortal technique "Touches" kids.....

why I'm glad someone speaks up about this stuff IT isn't a role model il be introducing to anyone in my life.

greydon square on the other hand. similar ideas brought about in a much classier and easier to swallow way, no less raw either.

not trying to hate on IT but why force yourself to the uncomfortableness that is IT and his gruesome music when there is other avenues to get you to the same thought zones but a much more relaxed trip.

top topics

join