It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Catholic Kill-joys who condemn Sister Cristina

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Ummm.... Jesus attended a wedding and turned water into wine.

Do you think he did it so they could all sit around and be boring and not drink what was probably the best wine ever?

Or did he do it to prove he is a miracle worker?

Or

Did he do it because he is a miracle worker and he supported the merriment of the soul wine provides?

God's not some stuffy boring old being in heaven sitting round aiming his finger at whomever it pleases him to scudzap. That is sooo old testament. Jesus is the new, half human and living covenant and he is about love, grace, living and devotion to the God whom he taught us to call father.

edit on 4-4-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

good on sis

well, the wine part certainly seems to flow from some of these old timers
maybe they should filter their water first

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

St. Pius X bunch ..... Last I saw they are excommunicated.
Their masses and 'ordinations' were considered 'illicit'.
They aren't exactly speaking for the Roman Catholic Church.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I have mixed feelings about this. Her performance was great, the song is a favourite of mine. It feels like she created a new and hip image to the Catholic church.

I only read p. 1 of the thread so I don't know if it has been mentioned but I recall the most emotional expression the nun gave was during the feedback from the judges where she gave a very exuberant devil symbol with her hand. The message conveyed to me here is that deep down, when she is being totally expressive of herself that she has lost some allegiance to God. If her image is of a nun married to God but has put herself in a situation that makes her be untrue to Him (through subconscious expression) then is it worth it?

Sweet in the mouth but with bitter aftertaste...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

he supported the merriment of the soul wine provides?

If your implying that Jesus supported everyone getting drunk then no, the wine he provided was fresh not alcoholic/fermented.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

JesuitGarlic
If your implying that Jesus supported everyone getting drunk then no, the wine he provided was fresh not alcoholic/fermented.

You are saying he provided grape juice? That's funny.

No, back then they all drank real fermented wine. It was safer than drinking the water. The fermenting killed the germs that were rampant. And even the wine steward said that the wine was 'the best wine' and that usually the best was served first so that once everyone was drunk, then the cheaper (worse) wine could be served because everyone would be too drunk to notice the change.

Comeon .... Jesus and his apostles drank ALCOHOL. Everyone did. There was nothing wrong with doing so.

JesuitGarlic
where she gave a very exuberant devil symbol with her hand.

Oh stop it. She's not a secret devil worshipper ...

edit on 4/4/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Good image, a drunken Jesus, that would have been something. His scribes would have been writing the stuff down fast and faster, parables flying left and right, back slapping the poor, dancing on top of a table ("Come on up here Magdalene!"), all kinds of merriment.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Notice that the wedding ran out of wine AFTER Jesus and the disciples showed up.
So .. who helped drink all of the wine?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
well back in the days of rome when christianity started out there were no nuns or a church so i doubt christ or god cares if some nun breaks human made religious customs or traditions. besides that, the way all these people calling her all these things are committing actual sins by judging her and proclaiming things they have no authority to, as if they know what god thinks.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

And they think I'm the one that's blind...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
She did a great job, and her Sisters were very enthusiastic for her, too!

The sign of the devil, followed by the hug she gave the guy in the hat who called himself a devil and her a saint, was quite moving...talk about reconciliation!

(I haven't seen the subtitled one, but can follow Italian well enough to catch some of it) I saw that she was bridge building, unashamed, happy, and contributing to mutual understanding and peace. And yes, she's hoping Pope Francis will call her to let her know how she did!

But what a godawful outfit she has to wear!
I assume those were her parents next to the Sisters observing from offstage; they looked plenty proud. If I recall correctly, nuns take an oath of poverty - if the $$$ start rolling in, I feel like it would go directly to their mission/activities/support of the convent (if she lives in one)...

not all nuns live in convents, though. Anyone know much about her order? I'd say this was outreach, and excellent!

edit on 4/4/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

markosity1973

Ummm.... Jesus attended a wedding and turned water into wine.

Do you think he did it so they could all sit around and be boring and not drink what was probably the best wine ever?

Or did he do it to prove he is a miracle worker?

Or

Did he do it because he is a miracle worker and he supported the merriment of the soul wine provides?

How do I know... Being a drunkard is different to drinking for a special occasion... Where does it say you cannot drink full stop?

God's not some stuffy boring old being in heaven sitting round aiming his finger at whomever it pleases him to scudzap. That is sooo old testament. Jesus is the new, half human and living covenant and he is about love, grace, living and devotion to the God whom he taught us to call father.

I think you will find that Jesus was a full human and nothing more than a prophet.. He had 12 followers and some of them also wrote testimonies so why would they be less valuable than his?
edit on 4-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

JesuitGarlic

I have mixed feelings about this. Her performance was great, the song is a favourite of mine. It feels like she created a new and hip image to the Catholic church.

I only read p. 1 of the thread so I don't know if it has been mentioned but I recall the most emotional expression the nun gave was during the feedback from the judges where she gave a very exuberant devil symbol with her hand. The message conveyed to me here is that deep down, when she is being totally expressive of herself that she has lost some allegiance to God. If her image is of a nun married to God but has put herself in a situation that makes her be untrue to Him (through subconscious expression) then is it worth it?

Sweet in the mouth but with bitter aftertaste...

i hope you are not religious and just trolling.

i saw the hand thing she did. she is 25yo, i thought it was a gang sign.

but since you know all about debbil signs, i might defer to your expertise.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

namehere
well back in the days of rome when christianity started out there were no nuns or a church so i doubt christ or god cares if some nun breaks human made religious customs or traditions. besides that, the way all these people calling her all these things are committing actual sins by judging her and proclaiming things they have no authority to, as if they know what god thinks.

Prove it... Because I can tell you right now knowing God isn't as hard as you think it is. It's just too many people believe Spirituality can only be supernatural and it isn't the case. Next time you look in the mirror, have a think about what's happening up top because that's where it starts. If you corrupt yourself, you corrupt the what?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You are saying he provided grape juice? That's funny. ...
Jesus and his apostles drank ALCOHOL. Everyone did. There was nothing wrong with doing so.

'Wine' in the Bible

Perhaps you might want to take a position that is actually true to the Greek language, that is internally consistent with other messages of Jesus, is internally consistent with what the NT disciples did and said and is internally consistent with the whole message of the Bible, both OT and NT.

Or perhaps just assume a line of thinking that requires little study and agrees with whatever outcome you desire. Make up an incoherent religion

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

What a bleak outlook you appear to have!

What does drunkenness have to do with this nun's singing? Do you find all music to be sinful? What about dancing? Enjoying our bodies' ability to move in time to rhythm and tune...a bliss indeed.

I think I'm sorry for you, for missing out on simply living. What could a God possibly care if people sing and dance? Music is one of the Greatest Gifts mankind has! Music and laughter and joie de vivre... without them, well, what a drag. A long, drawn out drag of a wasted human existence. For what?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

i hope you are not religious and just trolling.

I try to be faithful to God and do what pleases Him, I am 26.

The Symbol is from pagan religious tradition, is associated with Satanism but at least the Pope will be pleased (spreading the doctrine to the world).

In Codex Magica, my latest mammoth exposé book of the Illuminati and their occultic sub-elements, I fully explore the use by Manuela, Daniel, and other occultists of the sign and symbol of El Diablo. It is wildly popular today among legions of depraved men and women, including top Illuminati initiates, and has been now for almost half a century.

Also called Il Cornuto and Diabolicus, the employment by the elite of the hand sign of the horned devil can actually be tracked all the way back to Babylon. On the great wall of Babylon, adjacent to Ishtar's Gate, was a mosaic image of a horned bull, representing the sun god. The horns were symbolic of the Babylonian god's power over the hearts of men.

Later, in Imperial Rome, Caesar's military legions and millions of common people worshipped the sun god, Mithras. Mithraic initiates were baptized in the blood of a horned bull, slain and sacrificed by temple priests.

The Knights Templar, predecessor to today Scottish Rite Freemasons, worshiped the grotesque horned goat god, Baphomet. It is believed that many Illuminists continue to sacrifice to this unspeakable deity to this very day.

Reportedly, the Illuminati take great delight in seeing the masses adopt their ancient symbol of satanic worship on such a vast scale. How easy it has been for the elite to persuade the stupid and gullible to enter into satanic bondage. In giving the El Diablo, that is exactly the message the giver is signalling the devil: "I'm yours forever, Satan, heart and soul I'm yours!"

Texxe Marrs - El Diablo

"People that are Christians now, but were satanists, recognized President Clinton’s signal at his inauguration as a sign of Satan. That seems fairly cut and dried, and it is. Clinton communicated what he wanted to the people to whom he wanted to communicate. The whole affair with him flashing the satanic hand signal took only a couple of seconds."
- Fritz Springmeier. 'Bloodlines of the Illuminati'

So would the nun be pleased to know she has flashed the symbol of allegiance to Satan while on camera. If God means everything to her would she be proud of herself. That is up to her to decide
edit on 4-4-2014 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I am not Christian. That said

"When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

I was actually answering to someone who brought drinking wine up in a post... It has nothing to do with her singing.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

But the OP is specifically about her singing, and now some of you are attacking her for doing so.
So she threw a 'sign' that the guy who calls himself "diablo" understood, and apparently asked him or said something that made him want to get up and hug her....

I was delighted to see it. Good for her!
Can't you just let the poor young woman alone? She's only 25, for crying out loud!!! Exuberant, outgoing, talented, joyful - and Catholic. I say good on her.

You can go sulk in the corner if you want and think bad thoughts about her and imagine her burning in hell, I guess, but I applaud her. She did great, and she did it with class.

Seriously, what is it to you? Maybe she doesn't even believe in Satan! You do know it's simply a human-invented construct born out of Zoroastrianism, right? A myth.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join