It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Catholic Kill-joys who condemn Sister Cristina

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by DarknStormy

I can't imagine the bleak, empty, rigid life you lead. My heart goes out to you.

Why? Because I can tell you the truth about religion and why most of the religion practised in this world is nothing but fake and an imitation?

I pray someday, your eyes are opened to the beauty of spontaneity. I hope you aren't forcing the life out of children you are raising.

Des

My daughters are going great and I love the Idea that my eldest is flying through schooling and my youngest wants to become a vet because of her love for wildlife. So no, My children are fine.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

What is she trying to achieve by going on the voice and singing her life away?

Anyone can dress up in modest apparel and the proclaim to be something they actually are not. Sensual is living by the desires, pleasures and lusts of the Earth. The Bible clearly states that it is "Demonic". So think about what I said and where Spirituality comes from because it certainly isn't from outside of an individual and their actions on the outside. It comes from within and that is where it stays based off what is taught through religion, not from you or anyone else. So when I say she is a hypocrite, I don't say it because that is my opinion, I say it because that is a guideline which must be followed through the very religion she proudly boasts about.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

If you had watched the video in full with the subtitles on then you would KNOW the very reason..spoken by her directly when asked by the one of the Voice's panel of judges!

I am not going to reveal what she said ... you will have to work for it!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

~Lucidity

I'm an atheist but I still can respect this and think it's cool that she did it, rocked it, and has the pope's vote.

That's why people like her need to come forward. She can break down the adverserial barrier between atheist and believer.

P.S. Go you for standing up for her

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

DarknStormy

What is she trying to achieve by going on the voice and singing her life away?

Anyone can dress up in modest apparel and the proclaim to be something they actually are not. Sensual is living by the desires, pleasures and lusts of the Earth. The Bible clearly states that it is "Demonic". So think about what I said and where Spirituality comes from because it certainly isn't from outside of an individual and their actions on the outside. It comes from within and that is where it stays based off what is taught through religion, not from you or anyone else. So when I say she is a hypocrite, I don't say it because that is my opinion, I say it because that is a guideline which must be followed through the very religion she proudly boasts about.

It's a crying shame to have to read this post and what makes it worse for me is the fact that you believe it to your core. The bible states a lot of stuff and the weak will follow those directives consumed by fear. Continue as you must I guess. Your belief structure will most certainly slot me in some devil worshiping agenda and you won't even bat an eye because you're consumed with the fear of the unknown and the values you have adopted. The problem i have is where you say "So when I say she is a hypocrite, I don't say it because that is my opinion, I say it because that is a guideline which must be followed through the very religion she proudly boasts about." So I guess you don't have an opinion, You're just a sheep grazing in a grassland you were born into and believed. Where the hell are you in all this?

ETA: I'm in no way poking at religion across the board...Whatever gets you through, I just don't subscribe and find it weak as a belief system but you may have other ideas.
edit on 4-4-2014 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

minkmouse
It's a crying shame to have to read this post and what makes it worse for me is the fact that you believe it to your core. The bible states a lot of stuff and the weak will follow those directives consumed by fear. Continue as you must I guess. Your belief structure will most certainly slot me in some devil worshiping agenda and you won't even bat an eye because you're consumed with the fear of the unknown and the values you have adopted.

I don't fear anything.. I wouldn't even call my self religious because I don't follow the teachings of the Bible in my life but at least I do have the balls to admit that. I'm only explaining what is written in the Bible and if you think that what I have written previously is the only issue, your wrong because there are many different issues in there where this woman would be considered unrighteous... Wearing the crucifix is one of them.

The problem i have is where you say "So when I say she is a hypocrite, I don't say it because that is my opinion, I say it because that is a guideline which must be followed through the very religion she proudly boasts about." So I guess you don't have an opinion, You're just a sheep grazing in a grassland you were born into and believed. Where the hell are you in all this?

No, I believe if you proclaim to be a Christian you should live by the Christian teachings and though this woman may or may not of throughout her life, this very thing she has done is condemned whether she is a Christian singing warrior or not. The point is it doesn't matter what you think because firstly, did you write the Bible and if you did, where does it actually say break the commandments? It doesn't regardless of how much you and others believe her gift is from God.
edit on 4-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

DarknStormy
No, I believe if you proclaim to be a Christian you should live by the Christian teachings and though this woman may or may not of throughout her life, this very thing she has done is condemned whether she is a Christian singing warrior or not. The point is it doesn't matter what you think because firstly, did you write the Bible and if you did, where does it actually say break the commandments? It doesn't regardless of how much you and others believe her gift is from God.

Where in the 10 commandments does it say 'thou shalt not kick arse in a talent contest'?

Besides, Jesus preached to thousands at a time. In Egypt God showed how powerful he was with the 10 plagues etc etc yada yada and all that.

The Lord works in mysterious ways and through this nun he has just hit a six with the disenfranchised whom would not normally listen to anything a religious person has to say.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

If you break the religious law, what makes you think she has God in the first place? God is not unconditional, it's sort of the same as Jews and Israel, there are conditions to them inheriting the Holyland. The rules are not meant to be broken otherwise it would be pointless teaching them in the first place. So what do I think about her gift? It is sensual not spiritual. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Would be interesting, what be your views on other religions, homosexuality, other races etc.

I was born catholic as well....if I still believed in the old teachings I would burn you at the stake if you didn't agree to the fact that earth is the center of the universe and everything revolves around the earth!

Live and let live

edit on 4-4-2014 by researcher88 because: added reference

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

researcher88
Would be interesting, what be your views on other religions, homosexuality, other races etc.

The law was not only given to Jews or Christians but to Mankind as one, under one law. None of this hypocritical democracy crap where one person is punished and another gets away with the very same crime but everyone is commended or condemned equally. Other religions are struggling the same as Christianity and are subject to very similar issues so I feel sorry for them just as much as I feel sorry for Christians.

I was born catholic as well....if I still believed in the old teachings I would burn you at the stake if you didn't agree to the fact that earth is the center of the universe and everything revolves around the earth!

I was a born and baptised catholic but because I didn't lead my life according to religion, I don't label myself under any religion otherwise I would simply be lying to myself. As for the teachings of old, where does the bible teach to burn people at the stake? It doesn't. It teaches people to turn away from Idolaters or unrighteous people without violence because to punish someone in that way would cause you to sin yourself. So you must ask yourself, them people who burnt witches and other people at the stake, were they actually religious or did their apparel and flattering words make them appear to be religious? Anyone can call themselves religious or spiritual but most of them aren't.

Live and let live

I agree, ultimately I couldn't care but because I have done years of study on the Bible and other religions for this very purpose, I'm not going to sit and hush up because it touches the emotional strings of Athiests or self styler Christians. The truth does hurt and sometimes it's also very hard to chew on. If people cannot understand the teachings of their very own religion, how the hell can they even argue or debate about it?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

markosity1973
Where in the 10 commandments does it say 'thou shalt not kick arse in a talent contest'?

If you are Jewish then the above comment would probably be relevant but because a New law was passed down afterwards through Jesus who is the "First and the last", that is the commandment that should be obeyed and unlike the 10 commandments of old, the New Testament goes in depth about what is commended and condemned as a true, good worshipping Christian and also a bad Christian.

Besides, Jesus preached to thousands at a time. In Egypt God showed how powerful he was with the 10 plagues etc etc yada yada and all that.

Yeah, was he on a stage singing songs and being judged by music stars? Jesus wasn't trying to impress Judges, he was teaching people not to judge and live a righteous life amongst each other. Did his followers give him approval and sent him off to the next round of the Messiah contest where Mohammed, Krishna and Buddha were waiting to battle it out? And god did show how powerful he was if the story is accurate. He punished the Idolating Egyptians, just like Sodom and Gomorrah concerning the Homosexuals.

The Lord works in mysterious ways and through this nun he has just hit a six with the disenfranchised whom would not normally listen to anything a religious person has to say.

If you can believe that God works in mysterious ways then it shouldn't be hard to believe that Satan also works in mysterious ways even to the point he impersonates god and his followers.
edit on 4-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

DarknStormy
I was a born and baptised catholic but because I didn't lead my life according to religion, I don't label myself under any religion otherwise I would simply be lying to myself.

I call your birth and baptism and raise you an adult confirmation :p

You are presumably calling us supporters of Sister Cristina 'Self stylers' yet you say the above then contradict yourself with the below

I agree, ultimately I couldn't care but because I have done years of study on the Bible and other religions for this very purpose, I'm not going to sit and hush up because it touches the emotional strings of Athiests or self styler Christians. The truth does hurt and sometimes it's also very hard to chew on. If people cannot understand the teachings of their very own religion, how the hell can they even argue or debate about it?

I know the teachings of my own catholic faith very well. So well that I nearly became a priest. Catholicism is all about living like Jesus did, not hiding away from the rest of the world in holy huddles and certainly not condemning someone for standing up in a secular world and affirming her faith.

If you think that this nun did it for the attention, then you are mistaken. Watch the vid with the subtitles like you have been challenged to. She says exactly why she has come out of the cloister and on to the stage of 'The Voice'

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Time will tell what her intentions are and I can' wait to see how it all pans out. And btw, you can study religion and also admit that you are unrighteous... It's called being honest. The glory of religion is that you can turn things around and become a believer/righteous person.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

markosity1973
I know the teachings of my own catholic faith very well. So well that I nearly became a priest. Catholicism is all about living like Jesus did, not hiding away from the rest of the world in holy huddles and certainly not condemning someone for standing up in a secular world and affirming her faith.

So she runs to a singing competition where she can be judged by four people who are Idols to other people? How is that affirming her faith? If anything it contradicts it. Not only that, she has become an Idol herself and do you really think that she is going to stick to what she says after this is all done and dusted? Wait till the $$$ signs kick in and then we will see the true intentions of this Nun.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

~Lucidity

Pffffffffffft. Of course. All that aside is totally implied here.

Damn...have to preface everything these days by stating the very obvious.

I'm an atheist but I still can respect this and think it's cool that she did it, rocked it, and has the pope's vote.
edit on 4/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

I too became atheist thanks to ones like darknStormy.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Again it is clear to me that you have NOT watched the video for the answer you seek therefor your actions sux!

To put a stop to your BS posts on this thread I will now quote what she says in the video in regards to your question ...

At 3mins 10 seconds into the video ...

Judge: What brought you here, to the Voice?

Nun: I have a gift and I am giving it to you! Shouldn't things be this way?

Also at 5mins and 50 seconds into the video ...

Judge: What does the Vatican say about you auditioning for the Voice?

Nun: Listen, I don' really know. I am waiting for Pope Francesco to call me on the phone.

Judge: You do! [lols]

Nun: He always says we should go out and Evangelize, telling that God doesn't take anything away from us, but will give us more! ... I am here for this!

Crowd goes wild!

Both Jesus and the current Pope set an example ... she is trying to emulate that as best she can with the gifts God gave her.

This is why and it is GOOD ENOUGH a reason!

Or are you to blind and or lazy to see that?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by researcher88

You became an atheist because you do not understand the teachings and will never bother to learn about them properly. People like yourself only prove that the teachings are in fact the truth.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

ZonedOut

Both Jesus and the current Pope set an example ... she is trying to emulate that as best she can with the gifts God gave her.

This is why and it is GOOD ENOUGH a reason!

Or are you to blind and or lazy to see that?

Are you too blind and lazy to see that Christianity to start with has been riddled with Roman Pagan idols since Constantine merged the two in 325a.d? Christians prior to this did not even worship the crucifix because it is idolatry. So if the religion has been corrupted for roughly 1700 years and people are practising certain things which are against the teachings of Christ and the apostles (Revelry being one of them), How is it that

1) The Pope and Jesus from your point of view can agree with each other when they stand for exactly the opposite things including not to marry women which is an end times sign?

2) A Nun can perform at what is considered a revelry which is condemned under the commandment of Jesus and with that also knowing that God is the only judge and not 4 music artists on a ridiculous TV show? Did she say her gift was from God?

3) If the Roman Catholic Church is aware of this, why do they commend all of the above knowing very well that they all contradict the teachings of the bible in the first place? It's because they are not what you think they are and if this nun is answering or waiting for pope Jesuit to call her, she is part of the problem. She herself has been misled by the false teaching of Roman Paganism which has swept the world for the past how ever long it is. Go back through history and take a look at the atrocities of the institution you hold so close to Jesus.. They are ruthless murderers and always have been. And the Jesuits aka Pope Francis are the worst of them all.

It wouldn't surprise me if she was singing the song and thinking about Lucifer.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Please show me your pre-Constantine bible ... and please directly quote from that bible those specific scriptures concerning Revelry.

I forbid you to quote from any bible created after Constantine's date of birth!

Until you can do so your argument is a moot point and worthless!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
that was pretty awesome. it would be interesting to see how secular she gets with songs, on the show.

people bitchin' about a nun forget the others that have done it.

there is nothing in the bible to prevent this.

i'm in a praise and worship band, at my church. music is a big part of our service.

and yes, she did say it was a gift from God.

edit on 3000374430am2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

ZonedOut

Please show me your pre-Constantine bible ... and please directly quote from that bible those specific scriptures concerning Revelry.

I forbid you to quote from any bible created after Constantine's date of birth!

Until you can do so your argument is a moot point and worthless!

No my argument isn't moot and pointless because it is a well known fact that the Cross pre-dates Jesus and was used amongst Pagans before the birth of Christ. With that, in some cases also, Paganism is associated with Sun worship and if you look at many paintings, pictures of Jesus, he will have a Sun behind his head.. There is no evidence to suggest that the Cross has anything to do with Jesus. In fact if you translate 'Cross' back to it's Greek translation it reads stau-ros'. It basically means an upright pale or stake and does not mention anything about a cross or two pieces of timber placed across one another. Therefore the cross was introduced after the gospel was written by someone else and it has nothing to do with Jesus.

The new Catholic Encyclopedia admits: "The cross is found in both Pre-Christian and non-Christian cultures." From numerous other authorities, the cross is linked with nature worship and pagan sex rites. It was simply promoted by Constantine to make it easier for Pagans to accept Christianity. And this is Idolatry.

EASTER

Easter isn't a Christian or directly biblical term, but comes from a form of the name Astarte, a Chaldean (Babylonian) goddess known as "the queen of heaven." (She is mentioned by that title in the Bible in Jeremiah:7:18 and 44:17-19, 25 and referred to in 1 Kings:11:5, 33 and 2 Kings:23:13 by the Hebrew form of her name, Ashtoreth. So "Easter" is found in the Bible—as part of the pagan religion God condemns!)

Revelry is Translated ko'mos in the Greek Christian Bible..

The Greek word ko′mos, translated “revelry,” occurs three times in the Christian Greek Scriptures and always in a bad or unfavorable sense. Joseph Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament points out that in ancient Greek writings it applied to “a nocturnal and riotous procession of half-drunken and frolicsome fellows who after supper parade through the streets with torches and music in honor of Bacchus or some other deity [or a victor in the games], and sing and play before the houses of their male and female friends.” (1889, p. 367) Such licentious and intemperate conduct, with street processions that were similar to modern carnival celebrations in certain lands, were common in Greek cities of the apostles’ time. So warning counsel on this was appropriate and beneficial for true worshipers.

rev•el•ry (ˈrɛv əl ri)

- boisterous festivity

bois·ter·ous (boi′stər-əs, -strəs)

- 1. Rough and stormy; violent.

- 2. Loud, noisy, and lacking in restraint or discipline.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join