It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check this out: Dog used in terror attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yup you heard it here first,

A grenade tied to a dog's neck exploded in a shopping area in Indian-administered Kashmir on Friday, wounding four people, police said.

Dog used in terror attack

Should we expect a new wave of canine bomb attacks?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You know that I should be suprised by this, but I�m not anymore,

I think terrorists etc will do anything to harm people,
I have also heard that they have done this with donkeys in other parts of the world,

To be honest it just proves how cowardly there are,

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It appears they are running low on those that wish to commit to the their cause and using what can't reject to there cause.... I'd like to suggust that if this is a new wave of terror, its to sad to make their point this way.. its a low as one can expect from a group of people that have no concept of life!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yes. They are running out of people that are prepared to die for their "beleif"...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
OMG! what next? watch out for your Xmas turkey!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Reminds me of a joke i read in FHM magazine

What goes Woof Woof Bang

A terrior-ist!

had me giggling for ages

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't get that joke??!!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
What is also very tragic, is that it says 66,000 have died, since the seperatist fighting started 15 years ago in 1989. In 15 years, the equivalent of a thriving suburb of people have ceased to be.

Put down your guns and bombs people, for the love of all that is good and peacefull in this world.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
I don't get that joke??!!

A Terrier is a breed of Dog, small little ankle biter excuse, looks more like a rat on a lead

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
im sorry people, but i dont think it is cowardly to use dogs carrying bombs and car bombs and stuff of that nature, dont get me wrong i am not condoning what they are doing. but you have to look at it like this, they have nowhere near the weaponary the u.s. does. they have to fight diff ways than we do. they cant just take on the u.s. army straight up face to face. so they have to fight in deceitfull and guerilla like attacks. that is how they fight their war, and it is what we call terrorism.

LL1

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What a real manly thing to do...
send an innocent, unsuspecting dog in to do some ill human's
dirty work.
Disgusting!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe751
im sorry people, but i dont think it is cowardly to use dogs carrying bombs and car bombs and stuff of that nature, dont get me wrong i am not condoning what they are doing. but you have to look at it like this, they have nowhere near the weaponary the u.s. does. they have to fight diff ways than we do. they cant just take on the u.s. army straight up face to face. so they have to fight in deceitfull and guerilla like attacks. that is how they fight their war, and it is what we call terrorism.

Um dude did you even read the article. It wasn't against U.S. forces.
It was in Kashmir.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
On a lighter note I wonder if the dog will get his 70 virgins it is entitled to for being a martyr.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Well If this continues as a method of there defence amoung other dirty tricks, let play a trump card here... send in a herd of pigs with bombs strap arounf them into there strong hold and watch them run once they see them coming... Really I'm trying to be funny here.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

source : www.vectorsite.net...

* In one of the odder stories of World War II, the US military backed an investigation into weapons guided by trained pigeons. The investigation was conducted by the well-known behavioral psychologist Burrhus Frederic Skinner.

In early 1942, Skinner, then of the University of Minnesota, conducted preliminary studies on the concept of using trained animals as a guidance system. The studies were funded at a low level by General Mills, a major food producer. The US National Defense Research Committee (NDRC), which funded new technologies that might be useful for winning the war, was skeptical of the idea, but in mid-1943 awarded a $25,000 USD contract to General Mills to continue the work. The investigation was codenamed PROJECT PIGEON, and Skinner hoped to be able to use pigeons to guide a weapon to within 6 meters (20 feet) of a target.

Three pigeons were each tucked into a jacket made of a sock and then put into a harness inside the guidance system, facing a screen. An image of the target was projected onto each of the three screens through a lens system in the nose of the weapon, with crosshairs defined by beams of light. Each pigeon was supposed to peck at its screen, which was wired to provide feedback to the missile's flight controls, to keep the crosshairs on target. The system accepted inputs from all three pigeons, but only acted if two or all three agreed.

The pigeons were trained with slides of aerial photographs of the target, and if they kept the crosshairs on the target, they were rewarded by a grain deposited in a tray in front of them. Skinner later found that the pigeons were less easily disturbed under confusing circumstances if they were fed hemp (marijuana) seeds rather than grains.

Skinner hoped to fit the pigeon guidance system to a Pelican, but he never managed to overcome official skepticism. When he put on a demonstration in New Jersey of the pigeon guidance system for officials of the US Office of Scientific Research and Development (OSRD) he was bitterly frustrated to see they were amused rather than impressed.

PROJECT PIGEON was abandoned. Skinner went home with 24 trained pigeons, which he kept in a dovecote in his garden. Whether the idea was practical or not, it appears that Skinner as a academic psychologist simply was not on the same wavelength as the industrial engineers and military officials he was trying to work with, and never managed to communicate with them effectively.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Countermeasures, thanks for that concept that was used... I guess now I went from finding humor ( which for this thread is not really warrented) to a different approch to futher my thoughts. If we were to use what they fear the most to our favor, would cause a different defence for them to consider. As to avoiding any contact with a source that would affect their belief of remaining pure in there cause! Hummm, Sometimes I go to the extream of thought, however I would avoid what would make a difference in any efforts I wish to make... Time to make a a investment into pork! Damn I did it again!

top topics

join