It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do with a million bucks?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would you do with the money?

XAOS

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
"Nothing. I'd relax, sit on my ass all day, I would do nothing."

- Office Space (Had to quote it, it's exactly what I would do
.)

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
convert it to Euros, the Dollars too unstable

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hey, that reminds me to check the Lotto results from last night�LOL

Here�s what I�d do:
1) Be very grateful for my good fortune
2) take a deep breath, use wisdom, and not go crazy spending
3) pay all my debts
4) take my friends out for a super meal and drinks
5) buy some gifts for those folks who care about me here in England
6) rent a cottage at the lake and fish for about a week
7) travel around England and see everything that I want to before moving back to California
8) return to California and rent a nice but modest apartment while I research investment opportunities and home businesses
9) once I have my money working for me, I�d consider buying a home
10) go to University to earn my American counselling qualification
11) open my private counselling practice in California
12) regularly come back to England to visit my close friends and travel the world and see things I�ve always wanted to
13) consider getting married again

I actually do have a Lotto ticket to check on, hopefully I'll get good news.....

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Easy. I would invest them wisely and make even MORE money!!!

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
pay off my student loans. what can I say, I'm pragmatic

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Same here.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I would start a budget for a new Presidential run.
And if Illmatic was willing I would offer him postion as my Vice and full partner. In the event of his acceptence speaches would be conducted state wide and the rallying of people here on ATS to once and for all place the government back in the hands of the People.

Of course if Ill declined the offer I would still leave a cabinet position open for him and seek William or TC for running mate. Other than that I would probably donate it/money to the disabled vets fund and have host a pin the tail on the stoop party.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Um... do you know something about the current market conditions we don't know? If so... c'mon, fess up... we're all friends here.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Move to Tokyo and buy the most un-clean, infected, bio-contaminated japanese yes-girl i can find.... then buy her a carton of apple juice

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
if I had that sort of money

I'd dissappear with it!

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JCDenton
Move to Tokyo and buy the most un-clean, infected, bio-contaminated japanese yes-girl i can find.... then buy her a carton of apple juice

How very noble of you.
Would you by chance take that up as a habit, 1 Mill is enough to help alot of un-clean/infected/bio-contaminated/girls around the world. You could buy alot, concidering the cost of apple juice these days. One question though would your travels be restricted to places where slavery is legal?

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Buy a large section of land that is covered with rolling pastures, hardwood trees and a pond, with a stream running through it.

Animals are off limits - no shooting them.

Uninvited humans on the other hand...be afraid - be very afraid.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I move to Colorado. I love green lands and snow. Near Aspen of course. I like skying.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I would buy a swimming pool full of cheese and go cheese skinny dipping...

Seriously though, I would buy my mother and my sister a house. For my mother, I would set up an account of some sort she could pull money out of. I would set up trust funds for my nieces and nephews.

For my beloved girlfriend, I would buy here an atleast $250,000+ engagement ring, clothes, car sh*t like that. Then I would go on a wild, Michael Jackson-like shopping spreee for myself...

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Why of course..I'd blow it all in one day on shoes!

Only kidding..the first thing I would do..is move to my dream place, buy land..house. Then I would absolutely love to go on a cruise to Alaska! That would really be more then I could ask for, so the rest would go into saving..

OK there was a fantasy now back to reality..guess I'll go sit in my row boat and pretend(I have a vivid imagination)

Mag

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Um... do you know something about the current market conditions we don't know? If so... c'mon, fess up... we're all friends here.

LOL!! yeah I know my investments. I have an Ameritrade account and I trade stocks a couple of times a week. Hey the worst thing you can do with money is leave it in your bank account earning some crappy interest. INVEST INVEST INVEST!!! I want to be able to retire by the time im 45 if I wanted to.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I don't do any tradeing, I keep mutuals though. And they have proven to perform decently. Despite the plunge, I'll be re-investing my money market into new funds. Easy as, easy is. As for mutuals I missed out on the Janus thing, didn't get them before it was required to have Selected Shares to buy, too bad cause I new they were going to go big. Oce who do you trade with? Stock wise what ones? I have funds through Raymond James.

[Edited on 26-5-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I think it would be wise to keep what I need and give most of it to some honest charity or help some poor people to get out of debt and have food to feed their families, or something constructive like that.
It would be nice to have some money to pay for college though. I have enough stuff already anyways and I live fine, what more could I want material-wise.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hmmm.... Announce my resignation and wave goodbye with my middle finger?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join