It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Hoax?) Three new elongated skulls uncovered in Antarctica

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I hope I've chosen the correct forum. This may quickly get moved to the Hoax category. But I'm curious if this is true.

I saw it posted on Educating Humanity and traced it back to this "source". But I'm not familiar with the publication and the story doesn't provide any other source.

BUT, in light of the elongated skull findings recently, I wanted to bring it to ATS and see if you guys have heard of this. They posted the story yesterday.

Is this the correct use of this forum?

Many thanks!

American Live Wire Article

Smithsonian archaeologist Damian Waters and his team have uncovered three elongated skulls in the region of La Paille, Antarctica. The discovery came as a total surprise to the world of archaeology as they are the first human remains uncovered from Antarctica, thought never to have been visited by humans until the modern age.
Read more at americanlivewire.com...

We just can’t believe it! We didn’t just find human remains on Antarctica, we found elongated skulls! I have to pinch myself every time I wake up, I just can’t believe it! This will redefine our view of mankind’s history as a whole!” excitedly explains M. Waters
Read more at americanlivewire.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by raedar

Arguably the correct forum! I'm gonna have a little read of this, v interesting, good catch if not a hoax.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I wanted to post it into the Hoax forum to cover my booty, lol, but I guess you can't post there.

Thanks for being nice!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by raedar

id edit your thread title for now if I was you. take out hoax, until proven otherwise, its off putting .

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The problem with this is that I can't find any other sources on it and that I`ve seen those skulls before in another context. I`d say the story is made up (and Im not a Skeptic).

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hoax - no one by the name of the cited archeologist from the Smithsonian exists, and those skulls pictured are on display in Peru already.

www....(nolink)/smithsonian-discover-alien-skulls-antarctica/26755
edit on 433544pmThursdayf35Thu, 03 Apr 2014 16:35:43 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: Edited to hopefully correct link

Wow, that's weird, the link really doesn't want to come up. If you google open minds smithsonian etc maybe you'll come up with it.
edit on 523644pmThursdayf36Thu, 03 Apr 2014 16:36:52 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by raedar

Im not finding Damian Waters the Smithsomian Archeologist anywhere, I did find one thats a gymnast
I would love to hear such news as this, just out of sheer fascination. Lets see if any other sources appear...I'll remain friendly but skeptical...I mean come to think of it, how many Anarctic Archeological missions have we heard mention of?...Im going to guess and say none.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by raedar

id edit your thread title for now if I was you. take out hoax, until proven otherwise, its off putting .

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

raedar
I wanted to post it into the Hoax forum to cover my booty, lol, but I guess you can't post there.

Thanks for being nice!

like a disobedient child on naughty step , it has to be put there!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yeah, gonna need a source for this (for the target article).
Elongated skulls of course aren't very groundbreaking..but found in antartica spins everything we know on its head...so extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

But hey, would be interesting if more sources do come from it. So far, just the usual BS media is reporting on it. all doing a giant circle quoting each others nonsense.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

signalfire
Hoax - no one by the name of the cited archeologist from the Smithsonian exists, and those skulls pictured are on display in Peru already.

open minds

Thought they looked familiar, sworn i had seen those in one of slayers many post on peru

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Thanks signalfire! The link didn't work but I read the article. Lots of red flags. Also, they call him "Damien Waters" and then when they quote him they say -M. Waters. This would have picked up steam overnight if there was a discovery like this. I think it is a hoax.

I think I remember reading you can't link Open Minds on ATS, is that true?

Thanks all!

Let me know if I should handle these inquiries differently in the future.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

raedar
reply to post by signalfire

I think I remember reading you can't link Open Minds on ATS, is that true?

Thanks all!

Ah, that explains it. Must be bad blood between the two...

Those skulls are real though. Look up Brien Foerster and you'll get an eyeful of really cool stuff. He's finally getting scientists to look at them and the DNA testing is ongoing (within budget constraints).
edit on 393944pmThursdayf39Thu, 03 Apr 2014 16:39:39 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
There is a Damian Waters that has a degree in Archaeology/Ancient History

The University of Queensland
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Archaeology/Ancient History
1991 – 1993

but he works as a Helicopter Engineer at Hevilift PNG Cairns Area, Australia.
au.linkedin.com...

Looks like a hoax where someone used to name of a collage "friend" with a degree in the field not knowing the guy worked in another field now

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/nf533ea9c0.png[/atsimg]

top topics

join