It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New England Shirt? That's £90 please! SAAYY WHHAAAATTTTT?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
where does the money go ? seriously ??????

retail in the UK = £90 , ok - got that

how much does it cost wholesale - in the UK ?? - ie what are the shops paying ????? - shops need to cover their running costs pluss make a profit - so a retail mark up is expected

but not all retail mark-ups are created equal

the " factory price " is £1~15 quid - heaviliy dependant on the ethics of the deal and labour source

is there a " tarrif " owed to the FA for use of logos / endorsement

is a percentage paid to a grass roots football charity to develop English football ?

just my guestimate - but £30~40 quid seems to have appeared by magic - assuming that retail and wholesale markups are equitable

if this excess is being invested in grassroots football - then maybe its ok - but where is it actually going ??

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

ignorant_ape

retail in the UK = £90 , ok - got that

how much does it cost wholesale - in the UK ?? - ie what are the shops paying ????? - shops need to cover their running costs pluss make a profit - so a retail mark up is expected

but not all retail mark-ups are created equal

the " factory price " is £1~15 quid - heaviliy dependant on the ethics of the deal and labour source

is there a " tarrif " owed to the FA for use of logos / endorsement

is a percentage paid to a grass roots football charity to develop English football ?

just my guestimate - but £30~40 quid seems to have appeared by magic - assuming that retail and wholesale markups are equitable

if this excess is being invested in grassroots football - then maybe its ok - but where is it actually going ??

I really don't hVe a clue where the money goes, but I do know that football shouldn't be about money!

Sport brings people together, it's a fact. Would the relationship between common Germans and common French/English people be the same if we had not engaged in worldwide sports after ww2? I think it would have taken longer to heal the wounds.

The last thing football should ever be about is money. If you love it you'll play it in the streets, you'll mimic your favourite players, no goalposts? We'll make some. No ref? We'll decide amongst ourselves. No shirt? Buy a scarf!

And then there are dicks like Wayne Rooney, barely enough education to fill in an application form for pound land but still earning 300k a week despite being a slow, tubby and at best an average striker.

£90 a shirt - disgusting!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

ignorant_ape

where is it actually going ??

I suppose those obscenely inflated salaries paid to footballers have to

come from somewhere

Saw a documentary a while back about Bobby Moore, footballer and captain of

the England team (in 1966) and the 'then' footballers wives ..... The footballers

got around £30 a week, and at the yearly final held in Wembley Stadium the wives

got a £50 voucher to spend at Harrods!!

I wonder how many other professions have had such vast increases in income over

the last 50 years??

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I dunno, they pay us not to work!

72pounds a week plus housing right now!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join