It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A video about gun control in America.. Very well done IMO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
In this world there are predator and prey. When a Cheetah chases a Gazelle is it wrong for the Gazelle to fight back with it's horns ? Yet there are those who believe if the horns were removed .... etc etc Some of our international members might get a better insight on why many Americans feel so strongly about the 2d Amendment to the constitution. The video has many of the facts and figures that we see in many gun threads all in one short 7:24 vid... hopefully there will be many who can watch.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Firstly, I don't own a gun.
I've never strongly felt the need.
I've never personally felt threatened enough to consider owning a gun.
Not big on hunting either. Just not comfortable killing things, although being an omnivore with a couple of pointy teeth....I do eat meat.
I just much prefer somebody else to do the dirty work and package up that grain fed beef or chicken all nice and clean for me.

Now, to the real "Meat" of your post....... people have every right to own a gun, in my opinion.
If individuals choose to own a gun for hunting, skeet shooting or self defence, just please respect it for what it is. A GUN!
It all comes down to the motivation of the individual that owns or possesses said weapon.
Those that are criminally inclined can and will have a gun if they choose, regardless of "what ever" law is in place.
People have a right to self defence and ya don't bring a knife to a gun fight!
There are far too many predator's it seems these days, if I was the gazelle.......I'd want a gun.

The direction things are going these days.... perhaps I should rethink and look into the local gun laws!

Cheers from here,
Aft

P.S. - Good vid

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I believe that owning a gun should be earned. Earned in such a way as to show you are mature enough to own one. There are far, far to many immature and reckless people who should not own one.

A gun in the wrong hands is a death waiting to happen.

Just sayin

Spiro

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aftrmidnyt

I have owned several guns but, I grew up on a farm in Texas and they were tools we used on occasion for protecting live stock and procuring game for the table when lucky. I honed my shooting skills popping turtles in our fish pond at the very early age of 6. The shooting range in the military was easy and fun popping paper or knock down targets.

I have always carried either in a vehicle or on my person as the laws permitted. Never have I had to pull a weapon in the defense of myself or family in the civilian world. That has never stopped me from still working to keep my proficiency and shooting either at the range or helping farmers with their feral pig population.

I really do not enjoy killing anything however, there are times when a killing is necessary.

We have moved from the states to S.E. Asia where ownership of firearms is strictly controlled (through pricing and regulations)... Yet even there they have shootings... My wife being a local citizen can purchase a handgun (cost almost 10 times as much and ammo is very expensive)... For home defense......... many use long knives and clubs which work until the guys with the guns show up.. Not a problem where we live but in the deep south the religion of peace usually shows up with AKs and bombs to do their deed.

Funny in a sick sort of way we feel safer in a foreign land than we do in my home country.

I am still on the fence as far as buying a firearm for home defense overseas. We do have military and police friends who can provide the firearm and paperwork at a substantial discount if we decide to go that route. However there are very few places one can actually shoot and carrying in a vehicle is supposed illegal even though many do with exceptions such as back and forth to one's business. I am retired and the only business I do is back and forth to the Golf course.... Probably won't work with me being an expat..... almost if not totally impossible.

I consider myself a law abiding citizen regardless of what country I find myself.

With the latest shooting at Ft. Hood there will be more calls for gun control or more stringent regulations on who can purchase and why.. Valid concerns unless in some future date because of a speeding ticket (you once had) makes you unfit in the eyes of some regulatory entity to purchase or own a firearm .. The 'gun free zone' people will say, "if no gun problem solved" even though there is a good argument that can be made about underground or street guns which are readily available for those with cash.

The shooter at Ft. Hood was stopped by an individual with a gun; not a club, knife, or a hammer...

In S.E. Asia... a strictly illegal full auto AK can be purchased for around $500 or about 6 times cheaper than a legal 9mm pistol. Laws mean almost noting to law breakers just makes them sneaky.

Anyway back to the video and the legal way to change the laws of the land... Not by piecemeal, not by some ill conceived feel good and accomplish nothing bureaucratic non sense but by a vote of 33 states to amend the Constitution... Anything else is an oath broken by the law makers, IMO.

edit on 3-4-2014 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

There are many other things in life that are dangerous as well.

It isn't earned, it is a right.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

macman
reply to post by Spiro

There are many other things in life that are dangerous as well.

It isn't earned, it is a right.

Yes, if in the right hands?

I mean, the Bloods and Crips members should never be allowed them, IMO

Cheers

Spiro

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Well, no actually that is not correct.

If working under the actual constructed law, they are allowed to own guns, just like they have freedom of speech.

If working under the current law, if they are convicted felons, they aren't supposed to have firearms.

Freedom is for all, not just who we think is "okay".

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

macman
reply to post by Spiro

Well, no actually that is not correct.

If working under the actual constructed law, they are allowed to own guns, just like they have freedom of speech.

If working under the current law, if they are convicted felons, they aren't supposed to have firearms.

Freedom is for all, not just who we think is "okay".

Ah OK, thanks for explaining it better than what I understood

Cheers

Spiro

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Imagine our president delivering that speech. I'd fall over.

Virtual Pres for 2016!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

I believe that owning a gun should be earned

Is that right ?

Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I see no mention of earned.

Amendment IV The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Don't see it there either.

Amendment V No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Don't see it there.

Amendment VI In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Don't see it there.

Amendment VII In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Nor there.

Amendment IX The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Nor there.

Amendment X The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Nor there.

www.archives.gov...

Where does it say we have to beg government for permission to own guns.

Where does it say the government has the power to hold people accountable for actions of someone else ?

The constitution is rather clear there because all those amendments that are listed.

ARE EPICALLY VIOLATED with gun control.

Shall not be infringed.

The enumeration in the constitution the powers expressed CAN NOT BE used to:

DENY
DISPARAGE

Our rights,

That do not come from society.

That do not come from government.

They come from the creator.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

www.archives.gov...

edit on 3-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Very well done!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hey Bucko, I think you missed This Post

Cheers

Spiro

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Spiro
I believe that owning a gun should be earned. Earned in such a way as to show you are mature enough to own one. There are far, far to many immature and reckless people who should not own one.

Just sayin

Spiro

How about freedom of speech? Should that be earned to prove you are mature enough to avoid saying anything stupid?

Should buying whatever book you want be earned too?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Spiro

Just sayin

Spiro

I think I understand your sentiment and as others have said we have the Constitution which is the absolute law of the land; anyone who tells you different does not understand the American Republic and the idea of our legal system .

There are continued efforts every year to attack and water down what it says from many different directions yet there are those who will fight and attempt to hold the line; at least I hope so. There are no unnecessary words in the Constitution and unless you are some politician who does not know the meaning of "is" then the meaning of it's words which have been challenged all the way to the supreme court mostly still stand via their original intent. Again there are always excuses to change the intent by some well meaning ????

Unfortunately there are still those who will use every trick in the book to get their way on just about anything.. Freedom of the press, freedom of speech, illegal search and seizure, all those things we read about every day and the excuse is there is a good reason or it is now legal because they say so........ or think of the baby children is a tried an true catch-all..

The earned part of your statement is a problem for most of the guys because they have seen how governmental bureaucratic processes get corrupted and at times turn out with little resemblance to there original purpose. We have already seen this with shall issue versus the may issue in several states.. The may issue is either a road block or a good old boy club. Do you want the same people who brought you ACA, the balanced budget (not), Social Security or anything else you can think of saying by the way you (?) comb your hair (?) you can not earn you the right to purchase a firearm ? Who would be the judge ? I personally believe many of the problems we face today are because we have strayed to far from the written purpose of the Constitution and the bill of rights..

Again not picking on you; my question is who would be the judge to say you earned the right ? I can think of some cops in a few videos I would like to see lose their privilege of even walking amongst us in our supposedly free country much less carrying a firearm.... they are supposedly certified by TPTB in their local township.. We do have a voice and a legal system (messed up as it is with the crony B.S.) If there is no rule of law or two rules one for the powerfully blessed and something else for us lowly pedestrians then if history is any kind of teacher most will not like the end result and a bloody reset will be required.. I may be bias for I was around when Pol Pot was doing his thing and having brain washed teenagers do his killing of anyone with an education or to old to work in the fields... No one lifted a finger to stop him and if they did it was with a knife or club against an AK-47...That crap only works in a ninja movie.

So let's say if you are not 35 years of age (statistically most crimes are committed by the young) and were not in a branch of service (you don't serve your country you are not qualified) no guns for you. There are exceptions but we have to pass the bill to see what is inside.....See where I am going with this ?

I believe the 2d should be left alone as all the other amendments.

The larger and more urban the cities become along with the brain washing going on in schools I too wonder how much longer we will have the 2d amendment or several of the others....?

new topics

top topics

join