It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a Debate

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

Originally posted by intrepid
Maybe you should contact Kano first?

Being a mod I thought maybe you should know better about those one liners...And the content of your message should probably go into a U2U don't you think?? Take a look at what Zion mainframe posted...in BTS

By the way, 00ps, you do not suggest to a moderator what is a one-liner.
A moderator knows what a one-liner is. The fact that he was able to communicate his thought to you, which was a pertinent thought and not ,"Yeah!", or "Ditto!", or, "I totally agree with the third poster from the top!" means that it was short and concise.

Any questions before you attempt to debate the T&C conditions with me? You will surely lose if you travel down that path.

Good luck on your debate, and with whatever topic Kano deems fit.
The fight isn't over until there is blood on the mat and a heart in someone's hand.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I was thinking of like gobs of ink on a paper or something but damn man blood on the mat and a heart in the hand brings me back to 7th grade wrestling team...did you ever wrestle?

Anyways I would like to get started and I don't really think Kano will let us use the debate forum from his u2u....says only grudgematches were individuals have squared off for some time make it there. That or tournaments and such...I would like to use some forum where we can not have anyone else post, maybe password protected for the two of us...And I don't care about any points I just wanna have a good bout....

So if anyone has any suggestions about the 'place' I need help because it looks as this will be only a 'user' sponsored debate and not an ATS one unless Kano or whoever helps us out and makes it in some way official...

On other matters I am up to debating Intrepid if he would like to accept the offer. If he does we can then move on to final topic selection, rules, and debate structure...

I hear the drums of war asounding!

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Why don�t you simply wait and enter the next ATS debate tournament?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I don't know about the debate tournament...And if you read some of the reasons why I am carefully selecting the topic and opponent of this debate I would like it to be like a chess bout not like monday night football...do you know backgammon, like it??? I do, but that's not how I like to argue. I would like to have a debate without the pressure of 'the tournament' as it is. Also I don't know about ATS tournaments, don't think I've been around long enough to see them so I have no idea what they are like. On ATS I have found that I don't think I fit the forums much..The point system is too enticing for me...I really wanna get lots of points so I try to stay away from the post...don't know how to handle myself. Anyways I love the chat here and I also have a blog...these corners I feel I fit in fine here in the community. I also just thought of trying out a debate here. I've never been in a formal online debate...forum arguments don't really cut it for me...so those are my reasons I guess- uninformed as they are as I have never seen or done a Tournament Debate that you talk of...thanks for the input KL

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
You may want to browse through some of the past debates in the Debate Forum, they are strictly structured and fairly judged. As you know Kano moderates and plans these debates so if you ask him nicely I�m sure he would let you know when the next one is scheduled to begin. Anyway you should read some of the past debates to see if this format will suit your needs.

If you enter the ATS debates an opponent will be found for you so there would be no need to search one out on your own.

I would suggest that you be patient and enter a future tournament as this is the only form of structured debate between two members held on ATS.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
One thing to add oops, is that it seems that past posting quality plays into the selection process for the debates as well. If you have never participated in a formal debate, and KL suggested, review the previous debates and the rules to understand what is expected of you. Also, you do not pick the topic of the debate, nor do you pick the side you have to argue. You may get a topic that you are fundamentaly against, but have to agrgue in favor of it.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
Yous should contact EDsigner....he's the most arguing guy on the board, he never gives up! Hard conservative, christian, republican and only likes the US ans himself

Ameliaxxxxxxxxx
Good luck!

Isn't he wonderful? He conducts debates with many members at the same time.

I guess with all those things against him, hard conservative, christian, republican, and only likes US, it wouldn't be hard to find a topic.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join