It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a Debate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm looking for a Challenging Debate...maybe with a mod or someone else. I want it to be a real nitty gritty debate civilized but as sharp as cheddar because you'll be needing some Chese with your whine!!!

Submit your topics to this poll and when we decide we'll inform Kano and hopefully begin asap!!!

(EDIT) the 'we' referred to will be the two of us..not a group debate, please don't be confused...I am looking for a challenging opponent and I want to use this forum thread topic or whatever you call it to make the selection...(/EDIT)

[edit on 26-11-2004 by 00PS]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Maybe you should contact Kano first?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Me and shorty should be having a 'grudge match' soon, we wanted the match about a month ago but the debate tournement was on, so we've had to wait.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Maybe you should contact Kano first?

Being a mod I thought maybe you should know better about those one liners...And the content of your message should probably go into a U2U don't you think?? Take a look at what Zion mainframe posted...in BTS

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe To join the Debate Forum, you must challenge a member, and then send a u2u to 'Kano' with a request for a 'Grudge Match', like this one

In my understanding I am looking for a user to debate and once we've settled on an issue we will present it to Kano for approval as stated in my origional post...

So if you're feeling so up and ready for differences in opinions on the actual process of creating a debate...maybe you're just the person I'm looking for... Any suggestions for a topic?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Any suggestions for a topic?

Me and Shorty are debating on the right to express oneself through graffiti...or something like that????

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

So if you're feeling so up and ready for differences in opinions on the actual process of creating a debate...maybe you're just the person I'm looking for... Any suggestions for a topic?

You've got it mate. Let's handle the selection of topic through u2u.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
ill debate you OOPS!!!

please???

i don't care what the topic is...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Let's do that, selection of topic through u2u....i'll be mailing ya!

Groovy

disclaimer: entertaining topic ideas does in no way commit me to debate you...I will be making my selction by my choice based on topics...so as of now please entertain me with your topics either here or....u2u

[edit on 26-11-2004 by 00PS]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i don't care what the topic is...

why not debate whether debates are worth the debating they involve

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yous should contact EDsigner....he's the most arguing guy on the board, he never gives up! Hard conservative, christian, republican and only likes the US ans himself

Ameliaxxxxxxxxx
Good luck!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

true...

but i thought kano chooses the topic...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

For the tournements he does, not grudge matches

another idea for debate:

Which is better

Rice or Noodles?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
From what I have seen, its the users who challenge eachother...then Kano will accept the debate and host it in his forums....to get a worthey opponent and great topic I hope this forum can help ensure I will have a debate underway here at ATS soon....I've been needin' sume butta to be spreadin' on me toast lately!

true...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
hmmmmmmmmmm

thats a hard one...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Before you respond in this thread...sit back..relax..and think about what you wan't to debate about...maybe I will introduce something about the debate to help you get an idea why the topic is a mutual decision.

1) I hope this debate can not just argue 2 different positions but explore the issue and create knowledge for ourselves the debaters and if you think about it maybe the community at large.

2) I hope this debate will be a slow paced debate with well thought out arguements with self reflection before posting. I will be writing all my posts by hand first and then combine it with my online research. Debate should be approached as a game of chess not as monday night football...

3) I hope this debate will be structured with structure within the arugment and the process. I would like to have values and critera supported by contentions with cross examinations and rebuttals...not just rants back and forth why the other is right...

To set up this debate lets first find the opponent I will debating. I am in China and maybe you will forumlate your topic around this interesting snack...I am an American, went to High School in Germany, College in the US and now live in China... Experience is key to understanding....lets battle!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Before you respond in this thread...sit back..relax..and think about what you wan't to debate about...maybe I will introduce something about the debate to help you get an idea why the topic is a mutual decision.

1) I hope this debate can not just argue 2 different positions but explore the issue and create knowledge for ourselves the debaters and if you think about it maybe the community at large.

2) I hope this debate will be a slow paced debate with well thought out arguements with self reflection before posting. I will be writing all my posts by hand first and then combine it with my online research. Debate should be approached as a game of chess not as monday night football...

3) I hope this debate will be structured with structure within the arugment and the process. I would like to have values and critera supported by contentions with cross examinations and rebuttals...not just rants back and forth why the other is right...

To set up this debate lets first find the opponent I will debating. I am in China and maybe you will forumlate your topic around this interesting snack...I am an American, went to High School in Germany, College in the US and now live in China... Experience is key to understanding....lets battle!

im ready...

i u2u'd my topics and if you don't like them, just make up some of yours...

okay???

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

another idea for debate:

Which is better

Rice or Noodles?

Mac or PC?

Thatd be a toughie, because not alot of people like Macs.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

Mac or PC?

Mac, PC or Dell...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Mac, PC or Dell...

Uhh...what do you think a Dell IS?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Mac or PC?

Is that SO I hear stomping in the background?

Topic: Peace can be had through totalitarian rule.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join