It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many couple chose to have babies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Having babies results in some things.

More money spent on children.
Conversation going way lower because of children talk.
Children born with disabilities that cause great stress.

So why do so many couples have children?

Maternal and paternal instinct.
Societal and family pressure.
Many people are stupid.

So why do so many couples chose to have babies.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

To procreate the species.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

That`s not why they chose to have babies. That is a result.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

droid56
reply to post by greencmp

That`s not why they chose to have babies. That is a result.

Yeah, that's really why we do it, we do it personally.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

The first Primary Drive of our species is survival.

In modern society, that is largely a given.

The second Primary drive is procreation. We are designed by Mother Nature / God to NEED to have children, to pass on our genetic material, to continue our blood lines in a desire for some sort of immortality.

We are designed to do this so we do this.

Sexuality is a wonderful thing, it is designed to be ..... so that we have children.

Many have children to help them out in old age, especially in third world countries, thus ensuring Primary Drive number one.

P

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
We are not always in charge.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Is it natural. I`m far from sure.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
My husband and I chose to have a baby because we wanted a "little half me/half him." Our son is turning one in a couple weeks. It's not always easy and money is tighter, but he's so sweet and silly. We're happy. Happy is worth the trouble.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
They think they are going to have a clone of themselves that grows up perfect but it never happens like that. People are psycopaths, they don't realize the consequences. Id never be selfish enough to bring a child into this world. Im sure it would have a blast working all of the time to pay rent, sounds like fun. no thanks

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Ask your mum.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Why? I had children because I ran out of new things to do.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I don't know. We had pets instead. When we were first married we were both making minimum wage and barely making it. We weren't about to have kids so that welfare could take care of us. Then through the years, all we ever heard from our friends were complaints about how broke they were, how they could never go anywhere or do anything etc. etc. It didn't exactly entice us. We just had too many financial problems to consider having a child and the world is so screwed up we weren't sure that we wanted to bring a child into such an existence.

Many people have children because they truly want them. Some are foolish and don't use birth control and end up on welfare or not caring for the child properly because they didn't want them in the first place. Some have kids because they think they will take care of them in their elderly years, but they end up in nursing homes anyway.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

lotusfoot
They think they are going to have a clone of themselves that grows up perfect but it never happens like that. People are psycopaths, they don't realize the consequences. Id never be selfish enough to bring a child into this world. Im sure it would have a blast working all of the time to pay rent, sounds like fun. no thanks

Remind me not to hire you as a babysitter.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Honestly, I think many couple don't really choose to have kids so much as they simply choose to have sex and there just happens to be a child as a result. I think many of those couples also might not admit to that being the case either, even though it is.

For those who do actually choose it however I think it's because there are many other Good things having your own family results in which they feel out weighs all the bad results.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Sure there are many reasons couples or people are better off without kids, like having all their money for themselves, not having mini heart attacks every time they are late coming home and don't answer their phones, a cleaner house, etc....but having kids bring so much to your lives. To me it was an overwhelming love that I never felt for anybody else in my life before, not even for myself I guess. And that love make you see humanity in a different way, as you experience true love. I have no money, no time for myself and a million things to think about before my own self comes to mind, but my three kids are my life, my love, my purpose and my joy.........I simply couldn't imagine life without them.

I work in a nursing home and there is a big difference between residents with children and those without; those patients that are parents have their offsprings visiting all the time, buying them perfumes, chocolates, books, talking to them and making sure we look after them properly. Those without children end their days very lonely, with no visitors and dying without a beloved holding their hands.

I wanted children because I love children in general, I think they are amazing little people and you can learn lots talking to them.
I know it's not everybody's choice but I chose to have my children, and even through our worst days, they are the sunshine of my life.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Well, generally because it's a life experience that can't be duplicated. Having pets is close... but obviously not the same. I do wish LESS people would have kids though, especially the clueless teenage parents with no financial security... this world is overpopulated.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Pajamathief
Well, generally because it's a life experience that can't be duplicated. Having pets is close... but obviously not the same. I do wish LESS people would have kids though, especially the clueless teenage parents with no financial security... this world is overpopulated.

There are places on this planet that are overpopulated, the US is not one of them.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

If you had children you would not ask such a question.

It's like this. Imagine the worst of worst days you could ever have had. Then that all melting away with a couple of smiles from your children.

I'm reading the above posts and wondering how many folks have children that are commenting. Regardless if you wanted children or not once you have them you will not see it as some ho hum decision
edit on 3-4-2014 by BlastedCaddy because: Why not

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
1. Insecurity.
2. Accidents/stupidity.
3. Entrapment of men.
4. Conformity.
5. To annoy other people.
6. To give a child a brother or sister.
7. To get a free or bigger council house.
8. To have an heir or heiress to the family fortune.
9. An excuse to play with toys again.
10. They taste good.

Basically, most reasons come down to number 1 imo.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Why do people have babies?

Let's say they stop having babies because of the reasons you cited, all of which are valid.

Within 25 years you would either have to try and get as many young immigrants as possible or:

have fast food places and restaurants shut down for lack of workers
have fast food become very expensive and restaurants become uber expensive

Within 35 years you would not have enough nurses and doctors to care for the the people that are still there
prices of basic services would skyrocket or basic services would start to break routinely for lack of upkeep (water, gas electricity)
food shortages would be common for lack of people to farm

Within 40 years only the very very rich will have access to health care because of the very limited number of health care workers driving the prices too high

Within 45-50 years, basic services will start to be shut off regularly because of a lack of repair and upkeep
The internet, TV, Movies, etc will practically cease to exist as the surviving people will be busy with farming and keeping basic services running

Within 55 years, there will be no health care at all for those who can not contribute actively to keeping society alive6

Within 60 years it will be every person for themselves, o grocery stores left, no farm produce getting to stores except for the very very rich who will figure it out.

Within 70 years due to a lack of health care and basic services, the land will be human free,
as even the rich won't be able to purchase food anymore, or health care.

So keep telling people not to have children - and give back to "mother earth"

Or - everyone you encounter will be from a group that has lots of children, most likely very religious, and you will be in a uber restrictive society, a minority who will either be pitied or ignored, an anachronism dying alone.

What a great idea, quit having children and encourage everyone you know to do the same!

I wish to add - NO ONE who thinks children are a burden should have them, if you don't want kids, don't have them - but encouraging others to not have them is suicide - read above.

edit on 3-4-2014 by grandmakdw because: spelling and after thought

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join