It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats new in the world of weaponry?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
will it ever be posible to fire blasts of energy light in starwars

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mew the destroyer
will it ever be posible to fire blasts of energy light in starwars

quite possibley, but i think they will be bits of plasma or lasers.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
One new development that hasn't been mentioned is Bonded Core Ammunition. I don't know if it violates the Genevia Convention like the JHP rounds but, when fired it acts as though an FMJ or AP round and then upon contact with the body I don't know if chemically or through heat it expands like a super JHP. Its made by bonding several types of metal together in one bullet. Saw it on the History Channel.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I agree on the rail gun aka gauss rifle but no one mentioned the shelless bullet HK has been devolping (G11) this tech for awhile now and I think it is the next step in modern rifles. I could be the first Pulse rifle. here is a link

world.guns.ru...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well guys, I guess that none of you have heard that the US were working on 'Star Trek' type Phasers.

I guess this revalation is as surprising to you, as it was to me, when I read a '10-liner' in an old Janes Defence Weekly a couple of years ago. It even had a pic that was bizare to say the least. It looked like a cross between a Broomhandled Mauser and the Close Individual Weapon - you know, that funny little thing they use on Stargate - 9 or 10mm pistol with a short stubby barrel.

Apparently this large hand held device has a limited range of 100 mtrs and would only 'stun'! Could this be the next generation of 'non-lethal' wpns?

Incidentaly, hard to see how you can use it on a battlefield when some guy (or robot) is shooting lead or rockets at you!

As to cruise missiles that fly round targets, I have seen a series of films that show you the launch of the next generation of cruise missiles. The missile (or launch programme) is called DT-12A. This missile [allegedly] has a warhead that 'morphs'.

It works something like this: You launch missile at primery target - either from sea, land or air. Missile drops down to cruising height about 250 ft, then 'pops up' to look for target about 20 Kms out.

Having acquired primary target, missile drops to low level nap of the earth flight mode. 5 kms from target area, missile 'pop up' again to lock on to target.

Now comes the good bit.

During this 'pop up' phase, the telephoto target acquisition system in the nose, 'scans' the target area, searching for the pre-programmed target - lets say an aircraft hangar. It [the onboard computer] then selects a suitable warhead. In this case, it would detonate just above the target, similarly to the French 1000 Kg Durandal anti-runway bomb. (It would fire downwards through the roof of the hangar, as opposed to flying inside or hit the side like Tomahawks!)

If however, the scanner spotted another high priority target, more valuable to the enemy than this aircraft hangar, then the missile locks on to the secondry but still primary target, selecting a suitable warhead.

It then drops back down to below 500 ft and using what I suppose is a booster, it hunts the target to within 1km. 'Popping up' once more, it locks on to the target and destroys it.

If you search Spec-Ops.com or other US Air Force sites, you may be able to get a link to main site.

The film I saw is in the public arena though I've been a bit of a 'naughty boy' and my ICP/TCP has been 'banned' from a series of these sites!

Good hunting!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join