It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO warns of dire flu pandemic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The scary thing is this article is saying this WILL happen, they just don't know when! They estimate the number of death could reach 7 Million people!

BANGKOK, Thailand -- The World Health Organization has issued a dramatic warning that bird flu will trigger an international pandemic that could kill up to seven million people.

The influenza pandemic could occur anywhere from next week to the coming years, WHO said.

www.cnn.com...

"Even with the best case scenario, the most optimistic scenario, the pandemic will cause a public health emergency with estimates which will put the number of deaths in the range of two and seven million," he said.

The number of people effected by this will be in the BILLIONS because it will effect up to 30% of the world population. If they are releasing this kind of information now, I wonder what they really know? Is this flu the sure thing they are saying here, or are they just preparing for what could happen?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise
The scary thing is this article is saying this WILL happen, they just don't know when! They estimate the number of death could reach 7 Million people!

BANGKOK, Thailand -- The World Health Organization has issued a dramatic warning that bird flu will trigger an international pandemic that could kill up to seven million people.

The influenza pandemic could occur anywhere from next week to the coming years, WHO said.

www.cnn.com...

"Even with the best case scenario, the most optimistic scenario, the pandemic will cause a public health emergency with estimates which will put the number of deaths in the range of two and seven million," he said.

The number of people effected by this will be in the BILLIONS because it will effect up to 30% of the world population. If they are releasing this kind of information now, I wonder what they really know? Is this flu the sure thing they are saying here, or are they just preparing for what could happen?

The situation is actually worse than the dire WHO predictions beecaay=use the virus swaps pieces of genes, not whole genes

www.recombinomics.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thank god i didn't cancel my health care when times got tough!

I have a feeling this is going to be really bad with about 1/3 of the worlds population dying becase of it...like the black plague.

Does anyone else see that this may be a weaponized virus? Its a super killer and it all started in our enemies back yard.

I mean I think that the american military and CIA created Aides and unleased it on its own population "the gays" then eventually let it go on Africa and Russia and China. Using the gays gave the americans an alibi.

But the North Korea probably figured this out too and whats why "our flu shots" became somehow...contaminated.

They never stopped the war games, they just got better at them. Instead of always using missles you can make it look like mother nature and not share in the blame or retaliation. Earth Quakes, Storms & Floods, Virus', Infestation, ect...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Precursor sign of the Prophecy of end times?

Could this be actually the plague religion has taught us about?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The plaugue religion has taught us about could also be Aids, it is already killing millions in Africa and other countries!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeLowUIdontevenknowu

Does anyone else see that this may be a weaponized virus? Its a super killer and it all started in our enemies back yard.

...The WHO released a report in 2002-2003 confirming that the bird flu did NOT start in China.

FYI - I tracked this bird flu as starting in the USA. ...IMO it began with a contamination of soldiers vaccines in WWI - it was officially acknowledged in the USA in 1938 when it was found to be transmitted congenitally. Called 'fibromuscular dysplasia' it spread to domestic turkeys in the USA by 1980, and by 1996 it had spread to Japan. By 1997, it had mutated into bird flu and killed a girl in Hong KOng.

...So - it started in the USA - was first spread by vaccines, maybe accidentally or on purpose - it mutated and bounced back and forth between humans and animals for decades, and now has resulted in a big bunch of different diseases, not just bird flu.

Call it the miracle of mutation and evolution.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The best bet for an escape from a lab are the 2004 isolates in pigs that have human hgenes from 1933

www.recombinomics.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Oh man..sometimes the WHO is kind of demagogues, they just want to vaccinate the whole world with their nano-biological vaccination..

and then they call our "setup" and change some "settings"...stomach/deactivated, appendix/afield, bile/septic (WARNING!)

What do you want to deactivate today? - WHO Human Control System 0.9 beta

Sorry about that

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by niman
The best bet for an escape from a lab are the 2004 isolates in pigs that have human hgenes from 1933

Niman - If I read it correctly, your blurb from recombinomics says that the strain is genetically linked to the 1918 flu - which would fall in with my speculation above. Ie., nothing needed to escape from a lab in 1933 - it was already 'seeded' in the human population and loose in the world.

...? Comment?

[edit on 5-12-2004 by soficrow]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
FYI - I tracked this bird flu as starting in the USA. ...IMO it began with a contamination of soldiers vaccines in WWI - it was officially acknowledged in the USA in 1938 when it was found to be transmitted congenitally. Called 'fibromuscular dysplasia' it spread to domestic turkeys in the USA by 1980, and by 1996 it had spread to Japan. By 1997, it had mutated into bird flu and killed a girl in Hong KOng.

Do you have any links for this that you can share?
Many thanks

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Originally posted by soficrow

Do you have any links for this that you can share?
Many thanks

Leadbetter WF: Hypertension in unilateral renal disease. J Urol 1938, 39:611-626. (Sorry, no link)

Julian LM. The occurrence of fibromuscular dysplasia in the arteries of domestic turkeys. Am J Pathol. 1980 Nov;101(2):415-24. PMID: 7435545
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Braga IS 3rd, Tanaka S, Itakura C, Mizutani M. Fibromuscular dysplasia in intramuscular arteries of Japanese quail (Coturnix coturnix japonica). J Comp Pathol. 1996 Feb;114(2):123-30. PMID: 8920213
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

From the Brazilian Journal of Veterinary Research and Animal Science ... (RE: FMD pathology in avian reovirus)
www.scielo.br...

"The Next Influenza Pandemic: Lessons from Hong Kong, 1997"
www.cdc.gov...

more...

"WHO refutes claims that bird flu virus originated from China"
www.chinaview.cn 2004-01-31 13:24:00

"H5N1 has laid waste to poultry stocks across wide swathes of Asia but it doesn't restrict itself to chickens. People, pigs, dogs, domestic cats, tigers and leopards -- the virus has surprised experts by showing it can infect far afield without acquiring the non-avian genetic material once thought to be necessary for it to jump species."
www.canada.com...

FYI - One of the better articles on FMD I've found. It bows to corporate and political pressure like they all do, but it's less flawed and more complete than others. ..."Fibromuscular dysplasia: When is intervention warranted?" 1 Thomas K. Currya, Louis M. Messina* Seminars in Vascular Surgery. September 2003 � Volume 16 � Number 3
www2.us.elsevierhealth.com...
action=searchDB&searchDBfor=art&artType=full&id=as0895796703000243

Of further interest: "Weird Life: Viruses and Prions"
www.biology.iupui.edu...

"Playing chicken with public health"
www.bangkokpost.com...

July, 2004.
"US scientists need better ways to fight the influence of industry and politics on scientific inquiry,... Whether they are studying global warming, environmental toxins, or workplace safety, scientists who find their research unjustifiably shunned or suppressed face similar challenges from corporate and special interests...
...Baird also took the scientific community to task for failing to respond to the suppression of science (and contended that) scientists ... must "stand up for the democratic process itself."
...An April 2004 General Accounting Office report ...said some departments have appointed members of industry and stakeholder groups, persons who are exempt from conflict-of-interest rules. Industry leaders may therefore theoretically be profiting from their own advice."
Fighting for integrity. Delegates at a CSPI meeting dismayed at corporate influence, politicization of science.
www.biomedcentral.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You are truly wonderful SC!
I won't be (trying to) read the more scientifiic of those journals, but I would like to learn a little about this.

The occurrence of fibromuscular dysplasia in the arteries of domestic turkeys

BTW, that sentence is about enough to make me swear off turkeys for a loooooong time.

top topics

join