It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Moon Gas May Solve Earth's Energy Crisis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
as to the fossel fuels, like it or not we are useing them up. Something new will have to be used at some point. It is possible wars could be faught over the moon, but if we have the technology to fight over the moon, I think we should have a new sorce of energy by then.
As the perpatual motion, do a google search, there have been thred on it, and it seems to be closer then most people think.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
As for perpetual motion, I found this:

Cox Clock- When the weather changes, a barometer drives a mechanism winding the clock. The clock is basically a heat engine.

Atmos clock- basically operates on the same principle.

Not sure if he can be considered a perpetual motion machine. But if true, he certainly exerts more energy than he consumes:

Prahlad Jani, a holy man over 70 years of age, claims to have lived decades without consuming or imbibing food or water. "He spent ten days under constant observation in Sterling Hospital... During that time, he did not consume anything and 'neither did he pass urine or stool', according to the hospital's superintendent, Dr Dineshi Desai", according to BBC news.

As for practicality, no, I don't see it being used on a wide scale level. I am all for Helium 3 used as nuclear energy. It will give large corporations the reason they need to spend money on space industries. I also want to see us mining large asteroids and exhausting those resources; especially those that are at risk of striking earth. Though that capability is far off and another story altogether.

[edit on 27-11-2004 by Mephorium]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join