It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Photo of The 3 Last Popes Together

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

great photo!

What a find

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

Nice find stallionduck. I don't get why someone would fake this picture? I realize someone did, but why? Is it really that big of a deal if 3 people who are part of the same church and who eventually had their turn as leaders of the church happened to be in the same photograph at some point in time? Now that it's known that it's only 2 popes it's not a big deal, so why was it when it was 3? Do people think 3 is just too much of a coincidence and something must be afoot? Or was it just presented as an interesting photo?

Maybe I need to read the original sun article to see what it is they were asserting with the presentation of this photo. Do people think that, because they were photographed together that this is evidence that the papacy is rigged? It probably is but this is not evidence of that, is it? Or rather, if this were a real photo, it would still not be evidence of, well, anything, right? The Catholic Church has a lot of events with a lot of people attending and a lot of pictures are taken.

I don't see the significance of this photo other than to file it under "gee, that's kinda neat", if it were real. So, if that's the context in which it was being shown then fine but again, why hoax it unless you were just bored and goofing around? I guess it wasn't much work to hoax it and it did make it onto a well known website or two...

but i suspect most here at ats did not notice the pasted in head and perhaps like me did not see any reason why someone would hoax this and so that is why it nearly slipped past the 1st page with nobody noticing. If it would have been something actually controversial like the popes passing around a crystal meth pipe, then it would have been investigated a little better, or rather, investigated at all.

I dunno maybe to the catholics or to the more religious folks this photo, had it been real, would hold some sort of significance other than just "gee, that's sorta neat".
edit on 4/5/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

I'm with you. I think it's mostly due to people jumping on the "Bad old religion" bandwagon. If it's religion base, then any and all theories relating to how horrible religion is, is taken at face value. So much so that no one even cares to actually look into the mess.

If someone comes forth and says they were raped by a priest and demands 1 million dollars from the church, there would be a cry louder than ever for that church to pay up and the priest be damned.

If this same issue came up where a black boy was raped by a white man with no relation to religion, they'll usually ask to see the proof. But then... Child molestation is such an issue today that anyone accused is considered guilty right off the bat. So I guess that works both ways. Still, it's sickening how easily people prosecure what they don't agree with from the start. Guilty by association, or by default.

If I make a totally false thread here about religion, I would bet that the first page will be filled with hateful comments on how horrible religion is and not a single one would have looked into the facts. yet, as I mentioned, If I throw a picture up of a UFO, the first page will be with every explination but a UFO. The second page would be about how whack I was for believing in such things.... Unless I'm liked by the masses, and have been here for 10 years... or a Mod.

Love the Bias here!

I try to be skeptical about everything I read here on both sides of the coin. Mostly because I wanna know the truth of the matter, the real truth and where blame should be based on my own thoughts.

Now, seeing 3 popes together, I instantly thought, hmmm... possible conspiracy, but def a weird situation. Seeing the picture, it just looked doctored from the get go, still I had to dig into it to make sure, because that is a really curious situation if it were real and I wanted to know more about it at least for my own piece of mind.

Thanks for the response!

...and seeing how you read through the posts before making a response shows you are also an inquisitive person.

edit on 7-4-2014 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join