It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chirstianity, Proof, Exorcisms, and the Religious Right

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
My understanding was that it was translated by at least one of the pastors there, and it was conversational in nature not a movie scene or something. Scientifically it has no explanation at all IMHO.

That would definately make it interesting. However, it would not be easy to prove it was actually conversational in nature without a recording of the incident. Translating languages during a conversation is not quite as accurate as translating the same words without time constraints. Perception of events would have played an important role in determining if the words were actually conversational in nature. If the perception of the events was removed, it would allow for an unbiased determination of the use of the language.

There has been a question that has been troubling me though. When did the Lutheran Church start performing exorcisms? Not longer than 60 years ago, they used to refer them to the Roman Catholic Church.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UOThere has been a question that has been troubling me though. When did the Lutheran Church start performing exorcisms? Not longer than 60 years ago, they used to refer them to the Roman Catholic Church.

Well I am not sure of the 'grit' of the conversation as the pastor was not comfortable talking to my source about this. I can really get no further details on the incident.

But apparently it shook some people up as they witnessed an impossibility and had the crap scarred out of them. there was NO DOUBT that a possession had taken place.

Well I am not sure of the 'grit' of the conversation as the pastor was not comfortable talking to my source about this. I can really get no further details on the incident.

But apparently it shook some people up as they witnessed an impossibility and had the crap scarred out of them. there was NO DOUBT that a possession had taken place.

As for the Lutheran Church, I am not sure. I was floored when I heard this as I did not know that any synod did exorcisms. But my understanding is that they do have trained individuals that perform this service but they do not advertise as the Catholic Church no longer does either.

Apparently, one has to be very strong to even attempt one of these as the repercussions of not being prepared can be to say the least very harmful for ones salvation.

<< 1   >>

join