It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worshipping Satan?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

TKDRL
I could be wrong, but I don't think jews believe in satan as an evil entity, but a metaphor for the dark part of human human's hearts.

This site seems legit, but I am not positive wether or not it is the mainstream view when it comes to jews. Too bad I am not still in NY and able to speak with a jewish rabbi personally to find out.

That really depends on which Jews you are referring to...

Many of those who claim to be Jews are in fact NOT.

I would venture a guess that speaking with a jewish rabbi personally would be the very last source of truth about Judaism.

Why?

Sanhedrin (59a) & Abohodah Zarah 8‑6: "Every goy [non‑Jew] who studies the Talmud and every Jew who helps him in it, ought to die."

Szaaloth-Utszabot The Book of Jore Dia 17: "A Jew should and must make a false oath when the goyim [non‑Jew] asks if our books contain anything against them."

God is displeased when Jews show hospitality to gentiles. (BT Sanhendrin 104a).

It is forbidden to teach gentiles the Law. (BT Hagigah 13a).

A gentile who studies the Law deserves death. (BT Sanhedrin 59a).

The Talmud teaches Jews to hate Gentiles, to steal from them, even kill them.

The Talmud specifically defines all who are not Jews as non-human animals.

This would also apply to any other religion as well, not just Judaism.

Religion is all about keeping the truth HIDDEN.

The very last place to learn about a religion is from someone who is IN it.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Call me a fool, but the jewish people, including rabbi(rabbiis, don't know which way is proper plural), that I talked to gave no indication of harboring that kind of hate for me, a lowly native. If this is the kind of thing they were taught, believe, and held in the back of their mind while discussing things with me, they deserve a few emmies.
edit on Fri, 04 Apr 2014 01:02:47 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Curious guy, that murgatroid. Constantly decrying religion, yet obviously Christian. Which is fine. Then telling Christians only 1% of them will go to heaven and the rest will roast in hell. Sounds religious to me. Now he's putting down Jews when our mutual savior was a jew, and grew up teaching at the temple in Jerusalem. I doubt he'll ever author a thread clarifying these conflicting positions though. Someone might figure out he's a 7th day adventist.

ANYWAYS, back on topic:

Yes, the Jews did/do believe not only in satan but in demons as well.
edit on 4-4-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Someone might figure out he's a 7th day adventist.

Haha! I would be interested to know his background as well, I am pretty sure he is not SDA though. I get along well with him, perhaps better than anyone else here and I am SDA! It is probably the church that best fits his interest in exposing the RCC hand in world affairs and global corruption but I don't know about all his perspectives.

I don't really know this decrying religion emphasis. I understand the perspective that churches and religions have been, to a large extent, victims of Jesuit infiltration and of course the SDA church is not immune from it but is well aware of this, more than any other and would try counteract it as much as possible.

What is 'religion'? Is it ones fundamental beliefs? The SDA's have very strong fundamental beliefs, probably most that Murgatroid would be agree with strongly. Is this religious, spiritual or just truth.

P.S. SDAs see their unique roll as being the leading force of understanding to the world during the Tribulation period as described in Revelation (not the only role though!). It is meant to be a role of responsibility to others, so chastising others for what they don't know (as we perceive) is not something that should be done.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

i would just like to add that i was raised as a jew. was bar mitzvahed, learned how to read hebrew and went to hebrew school when i was younger until the age of 13-14 when i stopped going.

our temple was "reform". meaning we weren't strict orthodox jews. but, anyway, during all my years in hebrew school i never heard once the mention of satan or the devil or hell for that matter. it was never brought up by any rabbi or professor. was in none of the readings etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Yeah, but the post was specifically about "worshiping Satan". People can be really, really evil, and the fallen angel that looks mysteriously like a pagan god, supposedly, has nothing to do with it.

People being evil is people being evil. It has nothing to do with the Christian personified version of evil.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

1. Have you met him and if so what does he look like?

This really depends on what form of Satanism you're curious about.

Romantic Satanism, stemming from worship of Lucifer, pictures Satan as a handsome angel, one of the Seraphim (among other choirs), whose chief attributes were light and beauty, and whose office was that of wisdom.

If you're more interested in Biblical Satanism, then the Devil is an amalgamation of pagan idols. The goat's head come from Baphomet, a Crusade-era idol supposedly worshiped by Muslims and Christians in the ancient Near East; the fawn-style legs and fur-covered body is that of Pan, the Greco-Roman satyr-god, participant in the Eleusinian Mysteries, and master of the wilderness; while the pitchfork may be a carry-over from numerous Underworld gods, like Nergal, Hades, or Hel, who would have most likely used it (or a bident) for breaking rocks to locate precious gems in the Underworld, later called Hell by Christians.

If you're not looking at any theistic Satanism, but instead at philosophic Satanism, like that practiced by Anton LaVey's church, then Satan looks like you, or me, because Satan, in LaVey's mind, was just a manifestation and reflection of ourselves: our inner-nature, the primal, animal side we all deny as a part of who we are.

2. Do you pray to him and if so why?

Personally, I do not. I would imagine that anyone who does pray to Sammael, Lucifer, Semyaza, or the Devil does so for very much the same reasons a Hindu might pray to Brahma, Vishnu, Kali, or Ganesha; or that someone from Judiasm, Christianity, or Islam prays to Yhvh, Jesus Christ, or Allah. They all think their chosen god(s) hears, and responds, to their individual pleas and prayers.

3. Has he answered any of your prayers? If so, may I ask what were those answers?

I can't answer this one, I don't pray to Satan.

4. What caused you to worship him?

Again, not something I can answer, as I don't worship Satan.

If I had to take a guess though, I would probably suggest it is one, many, or at least related to, the following:

1. Youthful ignorance. The kind of "high school" Satanist who is simply doing it because of societal pressures, or not being aware of how to form their own opinions based on facts and evidence. These people are probably worshiping Satan for the shock value of it; the feeling of empowerment they get by others' attention or disapproval.

2. Philosophic interest. Perhaps they have studied whatever blend of Jewish/Christian/Islamic worship their household provides, and have found it lacking. In their search for an alternative they may have found the works of LaVey, Crowley, Maxine Dietrich, or some writer of "Dark Paganism" like Konstantinos, and thought --- for whatever reason --- that said author's worldviews and philosophies are more applicable to their life.

3. Ethical and moral issues run rampant in the Bible, everything from condoning slavery, to blaming the victim of a crime, to murdering children, and more can be found pleasing to God. Perhaps some of those who worship Satan simply believe that not doing all of those things God loves is a better way to live.

4. Because, why not? Whether Christians want to admit it, or not, Satan has a place in their theology. He is entirely necessary, and God created Him. Without the Devil to test our faith, to tempt us so we can prove our allegiance to God, the whole purpose of Jesus Christ's sacrifice is entirely lost. With no Devil, there is no sin, with no sin no fall from grace, and with no Fall no need for redemption and salvation. So, if Satan doesn't get his dues, perhaps He'll stop tempting people, and cancel out God's whole plan.

Satanism, like Christianity, is simply another way of viewing life, its experiences, and their meaning.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Satan is fake just like Jesus. But Satan can symbolize mans inner spirit to break away from not only Christian tradition, but everything else. He does not need to be worshipped, no God deserves to be worshipped. Whoever created human beings still uses us to this day as mental slaves, programming us and tricking our minds. These people need no worshipping. The purest act a human can do is revolution.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Jesuslives4u
I have seen thousand of threads concerning Christian, Jewish and Islamic beliefs but what about Satan and those who worship him and his realm?

I have a few questions to those who worship Satan and all in his realm?

1. Have you met him and if so what does he look like?

2. Do you pray to him and if so why?

3. Has he answered any of your prayers? If so, may I ask what were those answers?

4. What caused you to worship him?

I would like to hear from the other side. What attracts you about Satan and the dark side?

When is the global attack coming?

People don't necessarily choose to worship Satan. Rather they are deceived into it, because no one in their right mind would chose to willingly.

When the disciples asked the Son about the end of the age and of his return, the very first thing he said to them, before all else, was "Take care that no one deceives you."

So as the Bible tells you, 'Test everything!' Don't take anyone's word for anything, because Satan likes to pose as God, he mimics God. Because of this, you have all the answers to your own questions at your own finger tips. For instance, 'Have you met Jesus?', etc.

That global attack you asked about, started approximately 2,000 ago, and is ongoing.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Maigret

"Take care that no one deceives you."
Jesus prophesied the coming siege of Jerusalem, and its fall, by the Romans, which happened later, in 70 AD.
He was warning not to be taken in by false "Christs" who were the people who instigated the rebellions which resulted in that destruction.
Jesus didn't want any Christians to be part of it and that rather Jesus would in spirit be with the Roman legions as they converged on Jerusalem for the day of vengeance.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by Maigret

"Take care that no one deceives you."
Jesus prophesied the coming siege of Jerusalem, and its fall, by the Romans, which happened later, in 70 AD.
He was warning not to be taken in by false "Christs" who were the people who instigated the rebellions which resulted in that destruction.
Jesus didn't want any Christians to be part of it and that rather Jesus would in spirit be with the Roman legions as they converged on Jerusalem for the day of vengeance.

I take it you believe the Bible is a history lesson?

I believe the Books of Daniel and Revelation, along with parts of Matthew, et al, are about upcoming events, and the scope is massive and global!

Those 'false Christs' are about the images [videos & photos?] of the Antichrist/Beast from the Sea that the False Prophet/Beast from the Land will get people to make, so that they will be all over the place in the world, and anyone not worshipping this Christ or his image by 'bending knee' will be upstanding and clearly visible, and thus enraging those around them, for their perceived blasphemy.

And the only ones who can be deceived by a false Christ, are those who believe in a Christ in the first place!
edit on 9/4/2014 by Maigret because: Addition of minor detail.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Maigret

I take it you believe the Bible is a history lesson?
I believe the Books of Daniel and Revelation, along with parts of Matthew, et al, are about upcoming events, and the scope is massive and global!
What was their future is now our past.
I don't see there being any massive global event other than the progress of what was already started by Jesus, the church.

Those 'false Christs' are about the images [videos & photos?] of the Antichrist/Beast from the Sea that the False Prophet/Beast from the Land will get people to make, so that they will be all over the place in the world, and anyone not worshiping this Christ or his image by 'bending knee' will be upstanding and clearly visible, and thus enraging those around them, for their perceived blasphemy.
Literally beasts coming out of the sea and the land, like a sixties science fiction movie?
At some point, you need to realize the metaphoric nature of these images that John saw in visions.
They are figures that signify certain spiritual principles.
These theories are a unnatural amalgamation of bits from different parts of the Bible that are not directly related to each other, forming a confusing hypothetical situation that is not helpful to envision but serves only to create fear about things that Christians should feel assurance about by reading Revelation, that those things are all thrown into the lake of fire.

And the only ones who can be deceived by a false Christ, are those who believe in a Christ in the first place!
They did believe in a Messiah, back in the time of Jesus, that would defeat the Romans in a war. Enough people went along with those who were ready to lead them into battle that there was a war.
In Revelation you see the same warning with the four horsemen, where it looks alluring at first, with the man on a white horse holding a golden bow, but it only brings death and starvation and disease.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join