It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worshipping Satan?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

When a 4 year old girl is raped by a deranged man, is that Gods plan?
When priests molest little boys and the churches non-involvement policy during WW2, was that part of the plan also?
When a mother and son are beaten to death in Somalia for no obvious reason, is that Gods plan too?
With such intolerance and inequality in the world, is this also included in the plan?

I strayed from religion BELIEFS because the closer I came to it the harder it was to figure out which was God and which was Satan, or good and evil, so on and so forth. . .

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Also; Wiccans don't believe in "Satan" - we are not 'Satanists' - we work with the elements, herbs, crystals, colors, and intuition. Some use Tarot or Astrology.

A ritual can be imagined or acted out - using candles, colors, salt, small fires, the moon, etc. It's simply a way of being tuned in with nature and bending the randomness toward a goal. Usually healing.

Try reading "Drawing Down the Moon" by Margot Adler for more information.
And please stop telling people they are condemned.
Wiccans have not lost their souls, nor are we condemned. We're fine. As long as we hurt no one nor wish ill on anyone using our talents, no worries. If we do, yes, we expect synergistic karmic payback.

But most importantly - WITCHES are not SATANISTS, nor are we possessed.
Hope that helps. Oh, also, when one achieves a certain knowledge they are given privy information regarding rituals.
edit on 3/31/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

those are the downsides to freewill. everything that can happen will happen. every experience and possibility will play itself out. evil exists just as much as good exists and it's a constant battle, yin and yang.

i lost my father when i was young. very suddenly. i used to ask myself the same questions. how could god allow this to happen? how could god exist in a world where the holocaust happened? how could such much suffering occur if there was a god?

i stopped looking at it that way after having a near death experience. after what i experienced during that time. bad things happen. terrible things. the worst things you can think of. but amazing things happen also. miracles of life. there is room on both sides of the spectrum.

i don't let those horrible things i experience alter my belief and faith in a supreme good.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
From the Gnostic papers found at Nag Hammadi it seems that Samael was instructed by The Eternal One to build the earth etc So after Samael had proclaimed himself the only God and to be worshipped as such, it appears that the world was built by a subcontractor of God - Another name for Samael is Satan so I rather suspect that the religious joke is that anyone worshipping the maker of the world as God, is actually worshipping Satan un be known tl them. The Nag Hammadi papes are not subject to Catholic interpolations, so we have a true copy of the past within these documents of what people believed at the time of Christ.

If one looks at God in the Old Testament he was a thoroughly nasty taskmaster who impaled people when they wouldn't stop worshipping the golden calf. He gave man a set of instructions and then told him to break these commandments when he decided to give a group of people Canaan. God himself encouraged them to go out to steal other people's land, Contrary to Thou shalt not steal. They took their goods and women despite - Thou shalt not commit adultery and Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's goods and wives blh blah blah! they proudly murdered the men - Thou shalt not kill. So you have the position of a God who encourages his people to break his own laws - the whole situation is as a history utterly ludicrous and doesn't bear people actually thinking about these things - provided one is indoctrinated as a young child, one doesn't question the ridiculous side of modern religion's teachings.

We only gained a so-called loving God when Christ's message hit the news and told of a loving forgiving Father-figure. However it seems that there are two separate personalities that the men in frocks seem to think, in their confused and addled brains man should be worshipping.

When you look at people like The boston Strangler and Jack the Ripper etc are these men evil or are they sick - its another source for thought. Does Satan figure in their lives or did they simply get up and plan their acts themselves? I don't think either defended using the classic hearing voices etc.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CallmeRaskolnikov

Hi, question for you.
After I posted my answers I saw that you had posted some as well, but used no links. How did you learn the answers?
Just curious.

Also, if you'd like to tell about your NDE, I sure hope you do (not necessarily here, but there are other threads about NDEs). Many of us are intensely interested in them.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The problem is that there are many people on different paths than a Christian whom a Christian would label as a "Satanist" but are not. If you are asking for self-identifying Satanists to come out, then you've already opened up a can of worms among your fellow Christians as they like to hold on to the power of defining it.

But, Christian opinion aside, you will still find it difficult to get a straight answer. The reason is that the most common garden-variety Satanist is the Anton sort who are basically just Ayn Rand philosophies within a gothic subculture.

The sort who actually worship the entity of Satan as you probably know him aren't the dark folks you would expect. Many see Satan in an unbiased interpretation through various Gnostic texts and the Christian bible. Many of them would be asking the same question to you about your god that you chose in your bible.

Why did you choose Yahweh? When just looking at actions (which speak louder than words), how is Satan worse than Yahweh when reading the bible objectively? Satanists see Satan as a liberator and a being that gives the gift of truth and knowledge. He is the ultimate champion of personal accountability and choice even in the face of fear. To them, he is the poster child for doing the right thing even if you are threatened with damnation and ridicule.

I don't really have a stake in that pantheon but those are the qualities that I personally would see in him and that I hear from those who do revere him.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Every great story needs a great villain, just like how every religion needs something to persecute and fight, to feel important.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

are these men evil or are they sick - its another source for thought.

They were/are sick. Just like the man who hisses at the OP. He's sick. In my trained opinion, but that's all I will say about that.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

AnteBellum

When a 4 year old girl is raped by a deranged man, is that Gods plan?
When priests molest little boys and the churches non-involvement policy during WW2, was that part of the plan also?
When a mother and son are beaten to death in Somalia for no obvious reason, is that Gods plan too?
With such intolerance and inequality in the world, is this also included in the plan?

I strayed from religion BELIEFS because the closer I came to it the harder it was to figure out which was God and which was Satan, or good and evil, so on and so forth. . .

I understand and I too use to think this way until it was revealed to me that anyone and everyone can be possessed or infested with evil spirits. It does not matter who you are. Often people will judge a man based upon his religion, his job, the way he dresses, and what he eats and drinks but I tell you that we are all open to possession. Some people of faith seem to think they are protected and it can not happen to them and they are wrong. I have seen many Christians become possessed and exposed to evil spirits.

We are all subject to making bad decisions by letting our emotions and desires control us. Many of us taught wrong on how to use our emotions and desires; by watching TV and/or family when emotions and desires are involved. Your TV is one of your biggest enemies - get rid of it.

Due to easy access of information - it is easy to spread rumors and lies. Often people are misled with information they find on the internet or on TV - all designed to program you. There is a plan ongoing and it is sometimes very difficult to interpret. There is a war going on inside your mind. An invisible war - a spiritual war - a war where you must be clear what side you are on.

Protect yourself with prayer ........EVERYDAY........EVERY MORNING.......and .......EVERY NIGHT.

Have a great day!

edit on 31-3-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Why would you stop looking at it that way when you had a near death experience?
Death is usually not pleasant to begin with, life itself wants to keep living.
I had near death experiences about every other day for a time, but during that period I realized quite a bit about myself. My repressed fears, unfinished goals, what mattered to me most. Now I engage in everything, freely. Whether dancing naked in the dark, a human sacrifice or praying at church, it has nothing to do with me and religion anymore. Now it's all about me and God itself, whatever/whoever it is.
I wanted a monogamous relationship with God, not some cheap threesome like the rest!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

hey there,

i used to practice/study wicca when i was younger so i was really into the idea of witchcraft. along the way as i got older i stopped practicing but, i thought it wise to try and educate myself concerning all areas of magic, light, dark and everything in between. so those answers weren't drawn from any book specifically. perhaps i should have said, "from my experience, i have learned that..."

as for my NDE i've never written a thread about it. it happened in 09, i've written to myself personally about it, so i didn't forget aspects of it. but, it's hard to go about sharing it. i feel like i could write an entire book about it. there's just so much. there are aspects of it that are humiliating, regarding how my body was found by police/emts. and it was after really hitting rock bottom in more than one way. i dunno... maybe one of these days i'll start a thread on it.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Skyfloating

peter vlar
as real as the Easter bunny or tooth fairy.

This attitude would represent the other extreme. To think that no evil influence exists is just as ignorant as thinking evil is all around.

I disagree. In fact, believing in invisible evil beings is the very height of superstition and ignorance. Humans do not need some imaginary spook with a pitch fork to make them think and do evil. Mankind is a font of evil without help. The darkness in the minds and hearts of humans is beyond anything some mythological "evil" could create.

As for the OP, I have known a number of Satanists in my life, as I am a non-practicing pagan, and encounter people from every path. To answer your questions:

1. Have you met him and if so what does he look like?

Have you met God or Jesus? What do they look like? From my conversations with those who worship Satan, one "meets" Satan the same way one "meets" God in their life. It is an internal, personal thing, and Satan has no more a physical form than God.

2. Do you pray to him and if so why?

Actual worshipers of Satan do pray, though not like Christians. Usually, worship involves ritual and ceremony. And no, no animal sacrifices or babies burning. That appears to be a fringe thing. They pray to Satan to unlock their inner potential and bring them enlightenment. They pray for power. They pray for guidance.

3. Has he answered any of your prayers? If so, may I ask what were those answers?

As far as I know, he does. I personally do not know what answers were given, as I have never prayed to Satan, but friends who have seem satisfied with whatever answer/result was obtained, and they felt the answers were profound and meaningful.

4. What caused you to worship him?

Most Satanists I know see Satan/Lucifer as the bringer of enlightenment, knowledge, freedom, and progress. They also feel it is more honest than Christianity. Many see the biblical god as the true enemy of man kind, due to his multiple tantrums and massacres of people, or his instructions to massacre. They see Satan as more a personal guide/friend than a powerful overlord telling them what to do.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

because after my near death experience, i regained my lost faith. i'd spent nearly 20 years of my life with my back turned to God for taking my father from me. only to see him and have the largest religious experience of my life in the hospital. much like you it's not about religion, one book or another. no institution, no belief system, no ism. just my body, my mind and my spirit, my direct unbreakable link to my creator.
edit on 31-3-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

so far i've noticed these;
NewAgeWitch,
annunak1,
gnobody,
lightningstrikeshere,
(and their positions on the matter)

..they all have certain elements encoded into the names (they don't arrive here by accident)
a 'new age witch' is just obvious
the annunaki are the nephilim
gnobody references gnosticism
lightningstrikeshere (my favourite, hurp) ..check out luke 10:18

i don't want to go into detail about my previous experience with satanism & demonology
..how ya all doin' folks?

/big wave

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I'm sorry you had to endure through that. I learned the hard way somethings you do can never be undone, especially when it's a personal loss like that. I'm glad you found your place.
Don't get me wrong I am in no way persecuting you for anything. In fact my half brother is a minister for a very large church. I have interesting conversations with him about the whole business aspect of it, which in my mind are contradictory but that's another topic.

All I can say truthfully is, in the end we will all know.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs

Mean people make crap witches.

You said a whole lot of very helpful things with your posts on here but this stood out for me. It's sooooo true.

Also, thank you for pointing out the difference between Wicca and Satanism. What's strange about contemporary witchcraft is that, while it is a religion, it is not something that dictates to you who your deities are. I have met Jesus-following witches as well as witches who follow Satan and I wouldn't call either of them "Christian" or "Satanist"... they are just witches. This is why it is so frustrating when a Christian calls Wicca (or any sort of paganism, for that matter) "Satanic".

Blessed be and all that jazz.

ps - Thanks for the compliment.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The funny thing about this thread is, out of the 4 pages of it, no one has come forth, being a satanist, and answered your questions. Instead, you had every kind of person condeming and saying how stupid and idiotic it is.

Now... Let's see... If I were a satanist, would I even bother to try and defend my beliefs in such a forum? My guess is no... It's people like these that probably pushed such ideas because if "these" people were good, god fearing christans and whatever, then I could see how a person would want to belong to the other side. It's quite sickening, to tell ya the truth.

There is so much disdain here for anyone other than mystics and athiests. It's really funny to see any persons of Godly/Christan faith stay here at all, let alone satanists. People can believe in little green men, ghosts, OBEs, the big bad illuminati, but how dare anyone believe in God, Jesus, Prophecy, or any other minority belief system here. If you do.. The masses will come down on your head. How dare us believe in anything other than little green men and flying spaceships that only let you take a peak, have super technology, yet always somehow gets seen but never close enough for proof...

I realise there are 20 different kinds of santanists, just like there are 100 different kinds of christians, witches or whatever. Still, why would ANYONE come forth and explain anything about their beliefs when the first thing this forum does is condem them to stupidity... as if these same people were any more intelligent than the people they condem.

True intelligence is when people accept others for who they are and not what they believe. Some may look like idiots to you, but you might also look the same to others.

I came here hoping to get some real questions answered by real people involved in this because I myself am curious about what I do not know... Instead I just read through 4 bloody pages of ignorant, better than you people who think they know everything but never stopped one moment to actually let someone who really believed in this stuff say their peace before they started spewing ridicule... A strangely familiar ATS tactic...

Shame ATS.. Shame!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

Why did you overlook my first post then, there is a link also?

In am no satanist and definitely not catholic or christian, not pagan or a witch either.

But what I am is tolerant of others, no matter who or what they are.
edit on 3/31/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I dont understand why anyone would be a satanist. If you believe in satan, then surely there is a God...Why would you willingly worship evil? Yes, satan may give you earthly wealth/pleasures, but if you believe in satan...then surely you believe in an afterlife....What then?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I didn't overlook your first post. I saw the link you provided. I just didn't go to it because I was interested in this thread, not the info you put up in your response. As you said.. You're not a satanist. If the OP wanted more info, why not ask a real satanist as he has done. I rather go to the source... the horses mouth. Anyone can wiki anything... Doesn't mean that wiki speaks for all.

edit on 31-3-2014 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join