It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama Just Avoid Another War? Number 4? Ukraine?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
With the news today that Ukraine, Russia, and the USA are going to resolve the issue with diplomacy and apparently not with war it appears that all the online rumors we have been hearing about Ukraine being the start of WW3 appear to be bogus.

Here are the wars that appear to have been avoided:

Syria=avoided
Iran=avoided
Egypt=avoided
Russia/Ukraine=avoided

With Iraq over and Afghanistan ending are we approaching a time of peace?

Who would have thought that Obama would be the one in charge when these wars were avoided.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Skymon612

Oh there is very much a war happening in Ukraine...by proxy, through small militia-type groups...

As for an all out war, the USA has to find some way to survive after pulling out of Afghanistan. If they don't go for a Middle Eastern country, i would probably be turning my eyes towards Asia...possibly North Korea...the war economy is huge, and they (the USA) will not stop unless they have to.

In addition, to address some of your points:

Syria - US intervention was halted by Russia's proposing of a deal, of which it, the USA and Syria all agreed to. Obama contributed nothing to avoiding war in Syria. If anything, he was banging the drums of war...

Egypt - The USA initially supported the uprising, and have found themselves running around in circles ever since Mubarak was thrown out of office.

Iran - Yeah, the USA done a good job at juggling the talks there...but i never saw a prospect of war. Israel was the wild card in that situation.

Ukraine - See above. There are militia groups battling it out, and assassinations taking place. Effectively, it has turned into a clandestine proxy war between the CIA and the FSB.

edit on 31-3-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Well, the thread idea is a bit of a stretch. Obama did pick sides in Syria, it's one that he has supplied arms to, the rebels. There never was any real possibility of direct U.S. intervention at any point, at least so far.

Egypt is much the same. Not a "war avoided".

Iran never was anywhere near a war level situation despite the sabre rattling and we conceded to them...hence that one is deferred to a later and bigger confrontation.

The Ukraine? Off the top it looks like the economic sanctions caused this reach by Putin...if it's not a smoke screen.

Opposite spin is 4 complete losses without any U.S. resistance= end of any leadership/deterrence role with a nation invaded by military force then an "election" as an attempt to validate.

The only war Obama is actively involved in is against the Constitution...

edit on 31-3-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

If you Believe everything you hear and see, we'll yes.However I don't. Political double speak in play.This is still in play and nothing is off the table.Don't confuse political language with truth.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Obama is very good at diplomacy and peace, he really is. I am impressed. I doubt he would be good at war, but then again he might get nasty when he takes those leather gloves of his off.

He gets his energy from somewhere, though, of which I am not certain. What are his aspirations after being President - he is overqualified even for his current job, and he is young. To me, this implies career advancement.

A likely choice would be U.N. Secretary General. We could be talking about a world *ahem* leader after he steps down from the Presidency in 2016, I would not be surprised one bit.

If you think about things that way, he is really setting himself up for what is next.
edit on 31amMon, 31 Mar 2014 06:04:33 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Syria=On-Hold
Iran=On-Hold
Egypt=On-Hold
Russia/Ukraine=On-Hold

I've updated the list for you because although you think this is over, if you look at all the flashpoints around the world war is just a matter of time.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

EA006

Syria=On-Hold
Iran=On-Hold
Egypt=On-Hold
Russia/Ukraine=On-Hold

I've updated the list for you because although you think this is over, if you look at all the flashpoints around the world war is just a matter of time.

Thanks but I am very informed on this.

I am going to edit your update back to the more accurate one which is that various wars have been avoided in the last 5 years.

Syria=Avoided
Iran=Avoided
Egypt=Avoided
Russia/Ukraine=Avoided

There has been billions of dollars saved by not getting military involved

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

There are TRILLIONS $ more to be made from a fight. I'll respect your in the know opinion and politely refuse to believe.

I expect the Pentagon is shutting down next week too. All that peace around now.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Skymon612
With the news today that Ukraine, Russia, and the USA are going to resolve the issue with diplomacy and apparently not with war it appears that all the online rumors we have been hearing about Ukraine being the start of WW3 appear to be bogus.

Syria=avoided
Iran=avoided
Egypt=avoided
Russia/Ukraine=avoided

Who would have thought that Obama would be the one in charge when these wars were avoided.

A short, simple reply from me to th OP:

Obama can't do and decide nor avoid ANYTHING without the approval of the shadow government behind him.

Ko3

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Each and every conspiracy internet rumor about upcoming war = BUNK

Not 1 internet rumor came true.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Skymon612

Syria=avoided
Iran=avoided
Egypt=avoided
Russia/Ukraine=avoided

America and the UK were ball deep in Syria, Libya and Egypt....The Muslims rebels/terrorists/freedom fighters whatever, were well funded by both countries. just look at how those countries are doing now....to say that Obama has avoided a war in these countries is technically not true.

We have aided and abetted in all three i just mentioned...it's what America..and the rest, (UK Russia et al are catching up on the scam), do best.

Get the Local riff raff to do their masters bidding with promises of much wealth and security.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

obviously... That's because anybody and everybody with an opinion has the right and ability to post whatever their "theory" is, as fact-less and blatantly stupid as some of them are.

I'm not saying that they are all stupid, nor that they are all wrong. Sometimes they actually manage to hit the nail on the head, but we only find these out the hard way. if you live your life in fear of the "rumors" you are always going to be looking over your shoulder and be tailed by shaddows.

look at what makes sense and look at where the info is coming from.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

He's earning that Peace Prize of his, and soon he can take it out of the box and display it. The world is soooooo lucky that neither McCain or Romney had the keys to the ignition.
edit on 31-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Aleister

He's earning that Peace Prize of his, and soon he can take it out of the box and display it. The world is soooooo lucky that neither McCain or Romney had the keys to the ignition.

I'm not sure that Obama is on his way to earning his peace prize, but i do agree that the world would have been much worse of if McCain or Romney got into power...I shudder to think what they would have done in these situations...

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

America at War Since 1776

America has been at war for over 200 years since 1776....I doubt we are gonna slow down now!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Aleister

Yes. Very lucky indeed.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Obama is screwed either way.

Obama avoids war = he shows weakness.

Obama goes to war = Stay out of other countries affairs.

So the opposite political side says.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Probable president of Ukraine has criminal background.

I've been always bewildered by the criteria employed by D.C. officials in search of "promising" pols abroad. Most of them are really bad guys, you know!
Who's next president in Ukraine? Strange it might seem to you I know quite well one of those would be presidents. They say Poroshenko is leading now. But I know for sure that Pyotr Poroshenko was engaged in some criminal schemes involving massive faked deliveries of goods from Ukraine into USA. If my memory doesn't fail me it was in early 2000s and the guy made really good money on it but it was ..... criminal money! I mean there was some investigation launched in this country USA then. I was a beginning customs officer and it was my first experience of the kind. So I remember this name Poroshenko very well. Far as I got it Obama administration approves of this man to stay at the wheel in Ukraine. It's beyond my understanding just.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
In my humble opinion, stories of the Ukraine situation being solved and done are just a wee premature. I watched Kerry a short time ago wringing his hands over the increasing numbers of troops massing on the border and how this just isn't going quite the way he envisioned it might.

Hopefully this whole thing does work out ...and in other news..North and South Korea were shooting at each other overnight..and Syria? Still raging with fighting daily, largely from our rebels..funded by the US and trained in US camps on the Jordanian side of the border. All that being open public record, of course.

Gotta love the world of peace we wake to find, eh?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

"possibly North Korea"

I don't think that the USA would dare to take on Korea because China would wipe the floor with them unless a deal was agreed first.

Might makes right, it's a lesson the world has leaned from the USA and the "That would be suicide" theory works both ways

top topics

<<   2 >>

join