It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy predicts twin quakes in CA & NV; Long Beach in RED CAPS - wiped off map by Tsunami?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Interesting how in his vision he saw not just the 'twin' quakes in CA & NV, but specifically LONG BEACH in RED CAPITAL LETTERS.

Why would Long Beach be on such a red alert? Nuked? Well no, he is focused on 'twin tower' quakes in CA & NV. Considering Yellowstone's recent activity, who knows what's going on underground in the entire southwest region!

Does anyone remember the Bande Aceh Tsunami that killed hundreds of thousands of people around Bay of Bengal, and Sumatra/Indonesia in 2004 after a M9.3 EQ?

Scientists & engineers actually have proposed in the most recent decade, that it COULD happen here and that a Long Beach area tsunami could be one of the biggest economic disasters a CA city could ever face!

viterbi.usc.edu...

Long Beach Hardest Hit in Economic Scenario Modeled at USC

viterbi.usc.edu...

^wow!

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What is this guys qualifications? Why should we listen to what he says?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Perhaps because he made these prediction on Mar 15, which is nearly weeks before the Mar 28 5.1 Quake swarm in the same area?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So God showed him LONG BEACH in capital letters?

I believe it. If God is involved then something bad will happen.

It never fails.

edit on 30-3-2014 by Peacetime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There are earthquakes there all the time but if two big enough ones hit my eyes would be on long valley. I don't know a lot about tsunamis but wouldn't it have to trigger a fault further out to sea to cause a tsunami of the proportions he is speculating about?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Predicting earthquakes in Cali is like predicting snow storms in New England and tonadoes in the mid west. Predicting something that we know is going to happen is not much of prediction.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
^ Couple that with Yellowstone activity, and the fact that these past few days quakes feel distinctly DIFFERENT than previous Cali quakes, and what do we have? Check the 'LA Shaking Up' thread, for all the ATSers that state the quake felt different like nothing before, ie, like being in a tub/boat wobbling on top of water, as opposed to usually up-down cali quake gyrations.

Is liquifaction-subduction happening in our thin, sandy crust? Perhaps worthy of a thread itself, as to why so many people notice the quake felt 'different' than others under our feets.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

that report is from 2005,so,...when did he make this prediction??? watched the clip even on youtube can't see when it was posted and nothing in it about when this will happen or when he said it.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

My friend was the one who told me about the quake and he lives in LB. He texted me about 5 minutes after it hit. Said it was fun lol.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

TO ALL WHO FELT THE RECENT CALIFORNIA QUAKES:

WHAT COULD YOU ARTICULATE AS TO SPECIFICALLY HOW THEY FELT DIFFERENTLY THAN USUAL?

I'd rather see how many descriptive words y'all could come up with, WITHOUT my offering suggestions for same. IF folks really have a hard time coming up with such descriptive words, then I'll offer some in a later post.

Let's see if we can come up with 7-12 DIFFERENCES between the recent quakes and earlier clusters or series of quakes.

imho, first hand reports of such from a diversity of people and locations MIGHT just offer some insights as to what's changed geologically.

Thx in advance to all who care to bother.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I've read in some places that part of the difference in the quakes has to do with the emptying of the aquifer and lowering of the water table out in Cali thanks to the drought and bad water practices among other things. When otherwise normal quakes hit, they are starting to drop and collapse that empty, underground chamber where you all used to have water. Now, imagine a quake strong enough to collapse that thing all at once.

Not only would it be a disaster for obvious reasons, but it would also be a long-term disaster as it would change the ecology of the region. Your water table would be drastically altered.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

BO XIAN

TO ALL WHO FELT THE RECENT CALIFORNIA QUAKES:

WHAT COULD YOU ARTICULATE AS TO SPECIFICALLY HOW THEY FELT DIFFERENTLY THAN USUAL?

I'd rather see how many descriptive words y'all could come up with, WITHOUT my offering suggestions for same. IF folks really have a hard time coming up with such descriptive words, then I'll offer some in a later post.

Let's see if we can come up with 7-12 DIFFERENCES between the recent quakes and earlier clusters or series of quakes.

imho, first hand reports of such from a diversity of people and locations MIGHT just offer some insights as to what's changed geologically.

Thx in advance to all who care to bother.

Sorry I'm the OP but it was distinct that in the previous decades of quakes felt like rather rigid directional shifts UP DOWN or LEFT RIGHT that were brief.... WHEREAS this quake on Fri nite notably felt like a WOBBLING ON JELLO LAZILY LEFT RIGHT AND UP DOWN SIMULTANEOUSLY... as if Long Beach beneath me has suddenly been set adrift a sea of churning waves!

Hopefully others who experience it first hand like me chime in but this is not such a popular thread considering its just some guy on YT sharing his prophecy =/

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

MrSpad
Predicting earthquakes in Cali is like predicting snow storms in New England and tonadoes in the mid west. Predicting something that we know is going to happen is not much of prediction.

Agreed,
unless he can give dates, times and Mags
its nothing to loose sleep over

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

research100
reply to post by Dianec

that report is from 2005,so,...when did he make this prediction??? watched the clip even on youtube can't see when it was posted and nothing in it about when this will happen or when he said it.

I don't know since I didn't upload the video or start this thread but if it is 2005 then it's even more moot than the prediction itself. Dreams of quakes in California aren't abdormal in my experience. California is the EQ capital of the world so it seems that any dreaming about it would be due to that.

Now the predictions from Cayce and that other guy from his time period are interesting - if only because of Cayce's track record and the other guys head injury. Sorry I don't know "the other guys" name. He saw mini skirts and more modern cars in LA - and a big quake (something about a beauty parlor - as if he had catapulted into the future and was standing there seeing actual people going about their business). Those two predictions are pretty interesting.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Several things:

1) There is always going to be predictions about the big earthquake striking California. This is nothing new, has been going on for years. Every time it is predicted, nothing comes of it, and life goes on.

2) If you look at the geology of the city Los Angeles, there are some features never discussed about. The first is that the area is surrounded by mountains that reflect the waves from an earthquake back towards the center. That means even a 5.0 will have devastating effects in that area.

3) If you look at a fault map of Nevada, well there are quite a few, and it would not be so surprising if there were earthquakes in that area, that was mentioned in the video tape.

4) And as far as the tsunami that would wipe out Long Beach, well according to most research if that were to happen, it would be more than just one city on the coast but quite a few would be hit by such a wave, on both sides of the ocean.

Personally I take these kinds of predictions with a grain of salt and move on.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

THX.

If I'm understanding you right . . . you are saying or wondering if the drop in water table resulting from . . . various things? . . .

will make the more recent quakes LESS BUFFERED? Sharper in their jolts? Rougher?

Thx.

Thanks OP Gardener . . .

I think you're saying that the former quakes were SHARPER, harder, and more clearly up and down or sideways. While the more recent quakes were mushier and left one feeling all tossed around like in a small boat on rough seas with waves going every which way?

Thanks.

Hmmmmmmmm

Clearly we need more input in order to be able to notice any trends or themes! LOL.

Thanks for your kind replies.

edit on 30/3/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Second thread in as many days that I've had to inject a little geophysical reality into.

The San Andreas fault is a strike-slip fault -- it moves horizontally, not vertically. Tsunamis require vertical displacement of water.

Ergo, an earthquake in California is unlikely to cause a tsunami anywhere, much less California or Nevada. (Nevada? Do these "prophets" even have a map? lol)

See: Tsunamis

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

More that the water that was there in the ground in that aquifer isn't now due to the drought, so the ground is collapsing, sinking down. Now, add in an earthquake. It would potentially speed up that collapse, make it sudden. It might change the character of the quake, make them more of a drop feeling as the ground shakes and settles suddenly rather than a slow subsidence over time.

And once those aquifers are collapsed, it changes the underlying structure of the ground, too. You aren't filling them back up.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Ahhh. Thanks. I get it much clearer now.

Sounds quite plausible, to me.

I've often wondered what depleted underground water and/or oil would do in terms of influencing quakes and their severity &/or likelihood.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I feel very nervous now after watching that vid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join